Family's dream holiday in ruins

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's nice :icon_bigg. Are there any children in your child's (if you have one) class that meets these criteria? In my many years of contact with education I don't think I've ever met one that "good" even though I've known some outstanding students.
I have four children, all five and under. My Daughter has been in full time school since the start of this term. She is having it drilled into her (nicely) about the respect she must show for her teachers.

Her politeness and desire to learn have been commented on by her teacher. I'm a proud Dad, and obviously biased.

As for the other kids in the class you mention, I couldn't give a shit.

Last edited:
Anyway I didn't mean to defend all parents taking children out of school for holidays. I just don't think it's that bad for any of them and I think it's positively great for some. I also have let my disappointment with national educational systems sour my views. Britain has a very good school system but it's a long way from utopia and nearly as far from where it could be. Child centred learning was seen as important from the 70's onward but we have never attained a decent individual child centred learning model and our teachers and administration often don't seem to have a clue. The government stance on testing and cild security has harmed learning more than I can state here.

I have four children, all five and under. My Daughter has been in full time school since the start of this term. She is having it drilled into her (nicely) about the respect she must show for her teachers.

Her politeness and desire to learn have been commented on by her teacher. I'm a proud Dad, and obviously biased.

As for the other kids in the class you mention, I couldn't give a shit

Until she brings him home saying "dad this is my boyfriend" . :icon_bigg:icon_wink

Last edited:
Anyway I didn't mean to defend all parents taking children out of school for holidays. I just don't think it's that bad for any of them and I think it's positively great for some. I also have let my disappointment with national educational systems sour my views. Britain has a very good school system but it's a long way from utopia and nearly as far from where it could be. Child centred learning was seen as important from the 70's onward but we have never attained a decent individual child centred learning model and our teachers and administration often don't seem to have a clue. The government stance on testing and cild security has harmed learning more than I can state here.
I'm with you, I think the schooling system is shit, and I'm doing my best to subsidise my Daughter's education from home.

But I still respect the laws in place even if I don't agree with them.

the only way this is going to stop is if holiday companies dont charge the earth during school holidays - but that isnt going to happen is it - on one hand i dont blame them but on the other theyre greedy feckers

As for the other kids in the class you mention, I couldn't give a shit.

I think it's great that you put so much value in respect and politeness; i think they should be core elements in schooling - however they are not.

I think that primary school is the best part of the british education system - it does seem to care (generally rather than specifically) and helps children prepare for their present life and their future life.

I would be interested to hear what you have to say after your children pass through secondary school and university. I think your views will not be as generous then but I hope I'm proved wrong.

Our university system really needs a kick up the arse.

going off on a different tangent theres talk about teaching kids as young as 6 sex education at schools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its fun ,been there and done it ,wait till she is 10 mate, whole new ball game then :icon_lol:
I'm talking about when she's 16.

Any boyfriend before then I will be humiliating to tears within 5 minutes, not ten.

I'm with you, I think the schooling system is shit, and I'm doing my best to subsidise my Daughter's education from home.

But I still respect the laws in place even if I don't agree with them.

Great!

I think that my view of holidays ties in with your view of subsidising your daughter's education from home. I just think that given the system a week or two in term time can be better spent on holiday and with a father like you sound the learning potential is enormous.

bikinicow.jpg

I would:102::

Horrible little man

its more than very wrong its absolutley ludicrous!!

It depends on what level it is taught IMO. Teaching about STI's and safe sex is wrong at that age, teaching about the biological aspect and where babies come from/how reproduction happens on a biological level not so, but again it's IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669