Fifteen years ago today

Status
Not open for further replies.
That could be ----- the winner from Claridge ------ IT IS!

Much much better than "They think it's all over..."

I missed the goal - I was watching Kalac being introduced as a sub and watched him trot to his goal area. All of a sudden bedlam broke out around me. Not for the first time I didn't have a clue what was going on.

It was one of those moments that even an accomplished author would fail to pen correctly. Utterly mind blowing. From the ridiculous, a 7 foot Kalac lumbering on amidst murmurs of 'what on earth?', to the (almost) sublime of steve Claridge shinning in a 25 yard volley. A real storm of emotions that day was. It also gave way for the years of taunting Nigel Martin.....'we saw you cry at Wembley...'

My first time at Wembley too. Not a bad way to start! As the goal went in my Dad burst into tears, and it was the only time I have seen him cry. At the time I thought he was a bit soft, but now just watching that clip brings tears to my eyes! Good times, let's hope they return next year.

I only got a ticket the day before as a friend couldnt go... brings a lump to the throat.

17 years ago around this date is still my favourite. Begged my mum to let me sit infront of a black and White TV at Melton Market and watched us beat Derby. Was made even better when I realised I was sat with 2 other kids that were Derby fans.

I saw it go in, I saw people around me cheering and jumping and going crazy but I still had to turn to my wife and ask if we had scored!

Looking back this seems weird but it took quite a few seconds to sink in for some reason.

Last time I personally seen us win a game of such magititude (never got to the League Cup wins).
Remember the moment Walshy lifted the trophy, I couldn't see a thing but my brother on my Dad's shoulders said it was the 'Owl Cup'. If it happened now, I'd probably injured myself in the celebrations.

Watched highlights of the Pompey semi's and Swindon last night. Still laughing at how offside Sticks was.

Last edited:
I was a young lad just geting into drinking. I think I did injure myself in the celebrations. I ended up a few rows down.

I couldn't speak properly for a week. Happy memories.

I was a young lad just geting into drinking. I think I did injure myself in the celebrations. I ended up a few rows down.

I couldn't speak properly for a week. Happy memories.

Absolute pandemonium...fantastic memories.

We dominated the game and it would have been an injustice had we lost,i was sat behind the goal post when Claridge 'shinned it',bizarrely it was like had we scored.

Going back to all the Wembley finals in the nineties, the game that took the most out of me was the Swindon game...truly was a energy sapping game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669