Financial Fair Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems unfair that the teams relegated from the Prem next season will have such a huge financial advantage over their rivals and probably go back up again-just to cash in again.

It seems unfair that the teams relegated from the Prem next season will have such a huge financial advantage over their rivals and probably go back up again-just to cash in again.

It doesn't work like that. All your decent players will **** off back to the Premier League and the "huge financial advantage" will hardly pay the wages of the duffers that got you relegated.

I was stating an opinion that it seems unfair because as we know most money bag teams do better than those without.The gulf now will be huge.
Obviously there have been exceptions to this general rule.

I was stating an opinion that it seems unfair because as we know most money bag teams do better than those without.The gulf now will be huge.
Obviously there have been exceptions to this general rule.

What general rule? How many of last season's relegated clubs got straight back up In the season just completed? in the past ten years how many relegated clubs have just spent one season in the Championship before being promoted again? For it to be a general rule it has to happen most of the time.

Or perhaps it's different in Hull. Obviously.

What general rule?.

The general rule that sad little Cathy knows the square root of feck all - although in the backward shitehole of Hull that probably marks him out as a bit of a genius

Research shows that money talks.The main exceptions for many years were when Forest over achieved and Man City under achieved.This has now obviously been rectified.
The payments going to teams that have entered the Prem this year will be much more.This will make it much more difficult for ambitious owners in the Champ to compete under the Fair Play palava.
Even though my team may benefit from this it does smack of a system designed to look after the big boys and to hell with the also rans.

Strangely I find myself agreeing with cafe's sentiment

Strangely I find myself agreeing with cafe's sentiment

Nothing strange there, I'd think most people would agree with that 'sentiment'. The point is though, that sentiment has very little to do with the original point that he made

Just read a cut and paste of the ffp rules(and punishments if not adhered to) from a Lesta fan.I do not see how you will be able to get close to complying.

Surely there must have been experts advising your owners of the impending changes.
Next season will be down to who can get the most out of very cheap players and few players will sign new contracts for more than 4-5k per week.

Just read a cut and paste of the ffp rules(and punishments if not adhered to) from a Lesta fan.I do not see how you will be able to get close to complying.

Surely there must have been experts advising your owners of the impending changes.
Next season will be down to who can get the most out of very cheap players and few players will sign new contracts for more than 4-5k per week.

Then you'll also know that it won't have any implications until Dec-14.
Then you'll also know that the worst case scenario is a transfer embargo from Jan-15 (one and a half seasons away).
Then you'll also know that the best case scenario is that we get promoted and have to pay a penalty (which will be dwarfed by the benefits).

It will reduce the spending and wages available, but if you think that few new players will sign new contracts for more than £4-5k per week then you're mistaken imho.

We've got 2 seasons to get up. Then we're proper ****ed.

my mistake.I thought this would kick in 12 months earlier.If I was running a club I would be offering much reduced wages on new players as of now.
I think transfer emargos will have a pretty dramatic consquence
This will make the bigboys more secure than ever.
The best case for clubs like ours will be a brief flurry in the lower Prem

It doesn't work like that. All your decent players will **** off back to the Premier League and the "huge financial advantage" will hardly pay the wages of the duffers that got you relegated.
Unfortunately, I think Cafe is correct.

The so called Financial Fair Play initiative is anything but Fair.

Basically it widens further still the gap between the Premier League and the Championship by tying the hands of ambitious Championship clubs. It will impact on the ability of Championship clubs still more to attract and retain good players.

There has been an undercurrent of interest in turning the Premier League into a closed shop. The different financial rules together with the ever more disproportionate distribution of Sky monies and the parachute system system will start to lever promotion prospects in favour of relegated clubs.

None of this is going to stop the almost inevitable relegation of Hull next season.......that's because the better players don't want to sign for them. But they will have the financial advantage in 2014/15. Just as we would have had the same advantage if we had been promoted......and of course unless we had been able to magic up about 8 good players we also would have been surely similarly relegated with very few points - but with some bags of gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669