Financial Fair Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there will never be the chance for Jack Walker types to blow their wealth to see his home town team win the Premier League.
Suggest we all start supporting Real Madrid straight away.
Far bigger issues than most have realised.
Behind the bullshit reasons it is about relentless polarisation

Only the Premier League exists.

Watching Saturdays bore fest probably swayed him.

"Buyers are increasingly likely to be supporters, who recognise the important role that clubs play in their local communities and seem to be willing to go back to basics, with overly ambitious promises of silverware traded for closer ties and greater financial stability - a backlash, perhaps, against the profligacy of previous regimes."

Words of Trevor Birch who has been an administrator and also previously ran a football club.

We are in no doubt there will be an increasing number of football clubs ran by Trusts within the next few years, we don't anticipate us being one of them in that position, but all Trusts have to have an outline plan in place (with a growing number of models to follow from other clubs). This is where the network of Trusts is vital via Supporters Direct to share knowledge.

We have now have regular meetings with other Championship Trusts, as our clubs all face the challenge of living by the rules of FFP

are we surprised.

if I brought a football club, it wouldnt be for stagnation.

I would want to invest and get it moving forward.

Since FFP essentially forbids investment, it makes football a less attractive sport to buy into.

I'm still waiting to see how Man City and Real Madrid get around it with their current spending, especially if Bale goes.

"Buyers are increasingly likely to be supporters, who recognise the important role that clubs play in their local communities and seem to be willing to go back to basics, with overly ambitious promises of silverware traded for closer ties and greater financial stability - a backlash, perhaps, against the profligacy of previous regimes."

Words of Trevor Birch who has been an administrator and also previously ran a football club.

We are in no doubt there will be an increasing number of football clubs ran by Trusts within the next few years, we don't anticipate us being one of them in that position, but all Trusts have to have an outline plan in place (with a growing number of models to follow from other clubs). This is where the network of Trusts is vital via Supporters Direct to share knowledge.

We have now have regular meetings with other Championship Trusts, as our clubs all face the challenge of living by the rules of FFP

Yes, I'm sure it would suit the Trusts to see a situation where the premioer League clubs were a virtual closed shop and the rest of the Football leagues were shackled to a no hope structure. As has been pointed out above we already have a polarised situation where only the Premier League commands much interest and the appalling crap served up to the unfortunate paying customers and Sky subscribers last Sunday won't have helped any.

Organisations like the FT have little or nothing to so with 'community ownership' - its basically just a few busy bodies realising that the most likely route to gaining some leverage on the local football club is if all the clubs outside the Premier League are reduced the level of a Northampton Town.

Basically the only time when the Trust surfaces is when the club is skint or appears to be skint.

Yes, I'm sure it would suit the Trusts to see a situation where the premioer League clubs were a virtual closed shop and the rest of the Football leagues were shackled to a no hope structure. As has been pointed out above we already have a polarised situation where only the Premier League commands much interest and the appalling crap served up to the unfortunate paying customers and Sky subscribers last Sunday won't have helped any.

Organisations like the FT have little or nothing to so with 'community ownership' - its basically just a few busy bodies realising that the most likely route to gaining some leverage on the local football club is if all the clubs outside the Premier League are reduced the level of a Northampton Town.

Basically the only time when the Trust surfaces is when the club is skint or appears to be skint.

You say Sunday was crap, have you ever watched a Prem game? Even the ones with the top teams are often boring as watching Eastenders on loop.

You say Sunday was crap, have you ever watched a Prem game? Even the ones with the top teams are often boring as watching Eastenders on loop.

I am not just saying this for the sake of it, Sundays game was one of the most boring games I have ever witnessed on television.

Even the neutrals down my local cheered when we had a real shot on goal, it was quite simply mind numbing football.

I am not just saying this for the sake of it, Sundays game was one of the most boring games I have ever witnessed on television.

Even the neutrals down my local cheered when we had a real shot on goal, it was quite simply mind numbing football.

I'm not disagreeing with that; my point was that the Prem is often incredibly boring to watch. I blame teams battling for draws as every point helps their main goal, avoiding relegation.

Even the neutrals down my local cheered when we had a real shot on goal

We did? I must have missed that. Certainly didn't see any scuff marks on coke heads kit or gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669