First Game Line Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't remember exact line-ups, only favourite players of the time. The two games that I most remember though are:

vs Leatherhead - eventually won 3-2
vs Birmingham - lost 2-6 on a disgrace of an icy pitch

The Leatherhead game was my first appearance on MOTD!

Against Bristol City, Frank McLintock was manager. I can't remember the line up but Frank Worthington might have been playing.

My first game
August 30 1975
Leicester 1 Liverpool 1

Weller 86...........Keegan 50

Leicester City......Wallington, Whitworth, Rofe, Kember, Sims, Birchenall, Weller, Lee, Worthington, Sammels, Garland Sub Alderson

Liverpool......Clemence, Neal, Jones (Boersma 89), Thompson, Cormack, Hughes, Keegan, McDermott, Heighway, Kennedy, Callaghan......Sub-Boersma

Note only 1 substitute each and we didnt even use ours.

Leicester city v Derby 26th December 1975 was my first match but can not remember the line up ,i was 4 :icon_eek:

Edit
same as BB just posted i think

Wallington, Whitworth, Rofe, Kember, Sims, Birchenall, Weller, Lee, Worthington, Sammels, Garland Sub Alderson

Last edited:
My first game was against Blackpool in 1960, my dad took me because he wanted me to see Stanley Matthews. The game that got me hooked though was later that season playing Spurs. We lost 2-1 but the whole occasion remains vivid to this day. The ground was so crowded that all the kids were passed down to the front and we sat on newspapers at the side of the pitch, there were people on the the stand roofs and on the floodlight towers. I can't remember the exact line up but the team in those days had Banks, Mclintock, Cheeseborough, Appleton, Riley.

My first game was against Blackpool in 1960, my dad took me because he wanted me to see Stanley Matthews. The game that got me hooked though was later that season playing Spurs. We lost 2-1 but the whole occasion remains vivid to this day. The ground was so crowded that all the kids were passed down to the front and we sat on newspapers at the side of the pitch, there were people on the the stand roofs and on the floodlight towers. I can't remember the exact line up but the team in those days had Banks, Mclintock, Cheeseborough, Appleton, Riley.

Lovely bloke. Met Howard a few times when I once worked at the same place as his wife.

It was V Blackburn 4-2
Banks, Chalmers, Norman, McLintock, King, Appleton, Riley,Walsh, Leek, Keyworth, Cheeseborough

As far as I am concerned this still remains one of the best sides ever. Only perhaps equalled by the 63 side, the Bloomfield boys and the side Sir Martin fielded v Sunderland 5-2

98/99 season, wimbledon at home i were in the kop. finished 1-1 matty elliott scored a header.

Lost 2-1 to liverpool on boxing day, fowler got 2 for them. Steve Thompson missed a peno, not idea of the line-up though!

Lost 2-1 to liverpool on boxing day, fowler got 2 for them. Steve Thompson missed a peno, not idea of the line-up though!

Got the Liverpool line-up but not Leicesters:icon_conf

Leicester City 1 Liverpool 2

David James saved a penalty from Steve Thompson​

LiverpoolJames, Bjornebye, Jones (Thomas 86), Ruddock, Scales, Babb, McManaman, Redknapp, Barnes, Fowler, RushUnused SubsPrudhoe, WaltersGoal(s)Fowler (pen 67), Rush (77)

Red Cards Grayson (82)

Last edited:
Got
the Liverpool line-up but not Leicesters:icon_conf

Leicester City 1 Liverpool 2

David James saved a penalty from Steve Thompson​

LiverpoolJames, Bjornebye, Jones (Thomas 86), Ruddock, Scales, Babb, McManaman, Redknapp, Barnes, Fowler, RushUnused SubsPrudhoe, WaltersGoal(s)Fowler (pen 67), Rush (77)

Red Cards Grayson (82)

Fowler got one, not bad memory really! I think Iwan scored with a back header for us. I suspect draper, poole, grayson, whitlow, lowe would have been in there somewhere! It was a crap team regardless!

i went toi that game i think-did ewan roberts score for us? I think he did as we were leaving the ground to get to the family do!

Leicester: Poole (Kalac ,119 ) ,Grayson ,Whitlow ,Watts ,Walsh (Hill ,45 ) ,Izzet ,Lennon ,Taylor (Robins ,45 ) ,Claridge ,Parker ,Heskey

A late start as a City fan for me (Aged 24 having changed club a couple of times over the years).

The 1996 play off final.

A truly inspirational sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673