First Game Line Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
just curious to see which talking balls posters remember their first 11 at their first lcfc game and who has the best 1??

My first season ticket season was 94/95 though my dad took me in 90 when i was 3

Re: First Game Line Up's

Anderson
Milburn Cunningham
Baldwin Fincham Russell
Hogg Morris Hines Graver Frogatt

April 1955, beat Man U 1-0 (still got relegated though)

Froggatt scored the goal (though normally centre half he played lefy wing that day, Derek Hogg moving wings).

Fulop
Stearman - McAuley - N'Gotty - Kisnorbo - Sheehan
Newton - J Chambers - Kenton
Cort - Fryatt

October 2007, Chelsea away.

Never realised it was that bad. :icon_lol:

I haven't got a feckin' clue

I was only 4, and can't even remember who the opposition was, or what the score was - although I do remember that we scored at least one goal, and we won the game

The only player I definitely remember playing was Lenny Glover, and I think Graham Cross. Other than that, I haven't got a scooby about the team.

Apart from the above, I just remember where I was sitting (Double Decker), the general atmosphere (amazing) and just the sheer magic of the whole thing (I was only four, FFS)

Always amazes me that people remember every detail about their first game

Last edited:

I'm a youngling, first game was aboutt 95/96 when i was 5 or 6. I'm fairly sure that we won, I think against Huddersfield, 2-0. I didn't realise we scored either time, and the only player I remember playing is Kevin Poole.

For ages when I was younger I never saw us lose, I only went 5/6 times a season, but still, good times.

Now I never see us win.

Gradel junior's was the Watford game that didn't happen at the beginning of last season. :icon_lol::icon_conf

If it had happened he'd have been three.

Mine was against Arsenal,I was about 5 and we lost 3-1.Certainly can't remember the line-up but some bloke called Armstrong played I think,remember it being freezing cold and 'Run for Home' being played over the tannoy after the match

Mine was when I was 5 against Wolves in 1980. We won I thought 3-0 although just looked up the game and it says we won 2-0. Sat in the Double Decker upper tier with my dad and remember nothing about the game.

The first game I can remember is when we played Southampton in the FA cup when Keegan was still playing for them. Can't remember the score although I know we won (3-1?) and the ref gave a dodgy goal for Southampton. All of the ground were chanting CHEAT at the ref. Happy days!!

1-1 draw with Palace, March '81.
Vividly remember the moment that I first saw the pitch after walking up the steps in the old main stand, took my breath away

City v Ipswich

Englands most expensive footballer made his home debut for us in a 3-1 loss......

City 1-0 Villa - First game of the 97/9 season.

Can't quite remember who played exactly, but Ian Marshall scored the winning goal, and I think it was Savage's debut as well.

Leicester: Poole (Kalac ,119 ) ,Grayson ,Whitlow ,Watts ,Walsh (Hill ,45 ) ,Izzet ,Lennon ,Taylor (Robins ,45 ) ,Claridge ,Parker ,Heskey

A late start as a City fan for me (Aged 24 having changed club a couple of times over the years).

The 1996 play off final.

Mine was in the early 90s against a team who had a pink away kit. Think it may have been Port Vale and I think we won 4-2 but im probably wrong about all 3 of those nuggets of info!

Mine was in the early 90s against a team who had a pink away kit. Think it may have been Port Vale and I think we won 4-2 but im probably wrong about all 3 of those nuggets of info!

The only team I can remember with a pink away kit around that time was Brighton. It wasn't really pink, it was red and white, but it looked pink from a distance. But we didn't beat them 4-2. We didn't beat Port Vale 4-2 either.

Maybe it was a reserve game :102:

10 Nov 1984 (aged 8) in the family stand

Leicester City 2 - 3 Manchester United (think Strachan may have scored the winner)

I must have been clueless back then, couldn't remember how old I was when I saw that game but just found the details on t'internet. I seem to remember cheering when either team scored as I couldn't grasp the difference between the teams and yet I was 8 and playing football regularly.

Disappointed when I found out how old I was as in my hazy memory I was about 5 and thought I was justified in not really understanding, I'll go and sit in the corner for an hour :icon_sad:

Liverpool. Lost 2-1

Sat in the main stand, kop end.

Peter Rodrigues scored our goal.

The players I can remember were

Shilton, Rodrigues, Nish, Cross, Glover, Sjoberg, Lochead? Munroe?

Portsmouth 1-1. Walsh. That's it. Rain a lot, sat in the old Main Stand. Cried a lot too for some silly reason (I am soft bastard).

First proper game. P'boro Utd. Won 1-0 I think. Thompson peno, first game of the season. Sat in the double decker, beautiful stuff. I remember it taking donkeys to get to 3pm and having a haircut. Even the workmen on the Carling Stand were watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669