Flushed beneath the hot seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Elsby

Before the dreaded deed is done how about the fans making it crystal clear who they don't want as City's manager.

Guaranteed turn-offs for me would be: The Humber Blunder (just can't type his name), Gregory, McGhee, Lee, Hoddle, McAllister, Bryan Robson and Bassett.

How do others feel?

Just looked at the Foxes Trust article and how they have compared candidates using stats... Then went and checked this guy's stats out on soccerbase and I reckon we should bring back Brian Little... there I've said it now! :lol: :roll:

Leicester City 30-05-1991 - 22-11-1994 P178 W76 L58 D44

flushed

Hoddle may be from another planet. But after the last 2 years ,anyone who can get us to play football again would have my support.

Hoddle - NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bassett - No

Wilkinson - No

Gregory - I'd much prefer someone else, but I don't think he's quite as bad as he's being made out to be

McAllister - I'd love it to work, but I don't think he's got what it takes and I'd hate to see a true city legend (and a really, really nice guy, genuinely) to become hated at city if he fails - so, no, but welcome in a coaching role

Bryan Robson - No way! Just... no, please!

McGhee - hahaha - not a bad manager really, and we played some of the best passing football I can remember seeing at Filbo under him (remember Portsmouth at home?) but realistically, no. Never go back - ask Steve Guppy, etc...

Brian Little - ditto - decent enough manager, but would he do it second time around? Probably not. Just shows what happens when managers leave Leicester for "bigger, better" things, eh?

Colin Lee - joke suggestion, surely?

Stuart Pearce - unproven F****t fan, but might be a good coach. Isn't he a bit thick to be a manager???

Steve Cotterill - not sure - seeing as we've just gone to all the trouble to hound Micky out, we might as well get someone in who will play decent football, not defensive long ball ex-Wimbledon shite. But a good manager it seems.... so I wouldn't complain too much.

So that leaves who I would like in the job... I'd rather we gave one of the young up and coming managers a try, as we usually do. So in that case, I think names like Mike Newell, Dave Penney, Gary Johnson, Phil Parkinson, etc, should be considered. I'd also be tempted to give Keown a go. I know he is also unproven, but he just looks manager material to me - intelligent, passionate, and has served under some of the best managers for a generation at Arsenal (and even a couple of half decent ones with England!)

No Thanks
Bassett,Wilkinson,Gregory,Holloway,Bryan Robson,Claridge

Yes Please
Craig Levein,Butcher,Neale Cooper,

Anybody else I can 'live' with,not over keen on the idea of McAllister though.

DesertFox said:
Hoddle - NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bassett - No

Wilkinson - No

Gregory - I'd much prefer someone else, but I don't think he's quite as bad as he's being made out to be

McAllister - I'd love it to work, but I don't think he's got what it takes and I'd hate to see a true city legend (and a really, really nice guy, genuinely) to become hated at city if he fails - so, no, but welcome in a coaching role

Bryan Robson - No way! Just... no, please!

McGhee - hahaha - not a bad manager really, and we played some of the best passing football I can remember seeing at Filbo under him (remember Portsmouth at home?) but realistically, no. Never go back - ask Steve Guppy, etc...

Brian Little - ditto - decent enough manager, but would he do it second time around? Probably not. Just shows what happens when managers leave Leicester for "bigger, better" things, eh?

Colin Lee - joke suggestion, surely?

Stuart Pearce - unproven F****t fan, but might be a good coach. Isn't he a bit thick to be a manager???

Steve Cotterill - not sure - seeing as we've just gone to all the trouble to hound Micky out, we might as well get someone in who will play decent football, not defensive long ball ex-Wimbledon shite. But a good manager it seems.... so I wouldn't complain too much.

So that leaves who I would like in the job... I'd rather we gave one of the young up and coming managers a try, as we usually do. So in that case, I think names like Mike Newell, Dave Penney, Gary Johnson, Phil Parkinson, etc, should be considered. I'd also be tempted to give Keown a go. I know he is also unproven, but he just looks manager material to me - intelligent, passionate, and has served under some of the best managers for a generation at Arsenal (and even a couple of half decent ones with England!)

The photo where keown is trying to hump van nistlehorse after he missed that penalty last season reminds me that he cannot control himself let alone a team. He would be a big mistake i think.

Lboro fox said:
The photo where keown is trying to hump van nistlehorse after he missed that penalty last season reminds me that he cannot control himself let alone a team. He would be a big mistake i think.

So you're going to rule out every candidate that's made a mistake or showed some passion? Doesn't leave many does it? I think I'd have twonked RvN that day too :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes: Englebert Humperdinck;Selwyn Froggatt;Roy Cropper;Tony Sibson;Mark Morrison;Daniel Lambert

No: Nelson Mandela;Fats Domino;Julian Clary;The Artist formerly known as Prince;Traci Lords;Jason Donovan (perhaps as coach, but not manager)

Just fed up of the same boring arguments

Although I do think Froggatt would do a cracking job

DesertFox said:
That was my 100th post!

Aaaaah thangyou....

:D :p :lol:

Are you really in Tucson?

Supersuckers? Do you know them?

Are you really in Tucson?

Supersuckers? Do you know them?

Yes, I'm really in Tucson, and er..... no, I don't know any Supersuckers around here.... I'm married for a start :roll:

Mind you, like the rest of us, I know of some in Bangkok :lol:

i remember staying in a dodgy motel in Phoenix that was in the middle of the 'supersuckers' area, if you know what i mean.
But that was before i was married.....so chill 'Hugh' :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670