FM 2006 Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarby

Ricey did one so i thought ill do one

My First year in Charge:

Pre-season

1-0 Vs East Fife
Mark de Vries scored the only goal of the game to kick off our pre-season with a win.

2-0 Vs Canvey Island
Gareth Williams in the 1st half and Elvis in the second, to give another win to the lads

6-1 Vs Gretna
Another trip to Scotland saw City get 6 goals with a mixture of youth and experience players they linked up well and showed great promise.The side also included two new loan signings Matt Piper turns for a season long loan and Spurs 19 Brazlian defender Rodrigo Defendi enters the side
We had a worry when Defendi got sent off after just 4 minutes of pulling on a city shirt, but it wasnt going to worry the rest of the lads after 14 mins MDV scored, the came a cracker from Elvis, followed by another by MDV and the rest were scored by Williams, Hamill (pen) and young Chambo popped up. Gretna scored late on to make it 6-1.

6-3 Vs Livingstone
Two goals from Elvis and Matty Piper, Iain Hume, Joe Hamill (pen) and another from 15 year old Ashley Chambers.Rodrigo got a yellow card as well.

3 -0 Vs Livingstone
Our 1st home preseason game saw Hamill, Sylla Scoring.

1-2 VsSporting
Elvis scored for us in front of 10,600 fans at the Walkers but it wasnt enough to see off a talented Sporting CP side.

Pre-season
Players in
2 loans - Piper and Rodrigo

Players out
Dion Dublin to Tranmere - 50K
Dominic Pearmain to TNS - 60K
Danny Tiatto to Southampton - 70K
Lee Morris to Southampton - 300K
3 Loans - Richard Stearman to Leyton and Wright and O'Grady away as well.

so with the 480K on transfers in ill be looking for or two players to bring in espically with the wage buget 20K under!

Last edited:
so the season starts with no new faces apart from the two lads on loan, i have tried to sign Riordan, but as soon as i put a 400K offer in the big guns started hanging around, luckly he got injured so he didnt move. Ill keep an eye on him.

Starting Line Up For League
Rab
Maybury
NE Johansson
Paddy
Defendi
Sylla
Hamill
Williams
Kisnorbo
Elvis
MDV

SUBS: Hendo, Joey, Piper, Hume and Hughes

6/8/2005 - League
Crewe (H) 0-0
a boring game saw Defendi pick up another card. One point from my first full game in charge

9/8/2005 - League
Sheff Weds (A) 1-0
A Wednesday win saw there keeper with MOTM saving 10 shots from a promising leicester side. Richie Partridge got Wednesdays only goal after 35 mins

13/8/2005 - League
Ipswich (H) 4-0
My first win as Leicester boss, saw an amazing performance from all the lads.Elvis scored a placed shot after 10mins, this was quickly followed by a goal by Steven Hughes and after 30mins it was 3-0 with Elvis getting his second of the game. In the second half Hughes got his brace and gave us 3 points.

20/8/2005 - League
Derby (A) 2-1
This game being on TV i wanted to show the rest of the world what get football we can play, and i wasnt half wrong either, after 31 minutes Elvis scored after get play by Iain Hume. The second half however was a different story Derby got two goals form on loan signing Danny Graham and 22 year old Marcus Tudgay

24/8/2005 - League Cup 1st Round
Mansfield (A) 3-1
A trip to stuggling league 2 side mansfield proved to be a bit of a challenge. we dominated the game and joey scored from outside of the box on 20 mins, only for ex Arsenal forward Alan Birchall to bag the equaliser on the 80th. Our fitness proved to be the winner after outclassing Mansfield for the remaining 20 minutes with MDV getting his first goals of the season and sees us pick up 20K for winning.

We travel to Brentford for the second round

27/8/2005 - League
Luton (A) 2-2
Our 3rd away game in seven days saw Elvis score and put us ahead just before H/T we got a pen, up stepped an Hamill and missed, we went in 1-0 up. Howard and Coyne for Luton scored to quick goals from the kickoff of the 2nd half and it was left up to super sub MDV to grab a goal and a point.

29/8/2005 - League
Cardiff (H) 0-0
the players looked knackered after our 4th game in 9 days, Leicester dominated the match and were unlucky not to win.

10/9/2005 - League
Southampton (H) 1-0
Tiatto and Morris returned to the Walkers only to see there new side lose in a end to end match that deserved a draw. Leicester kept there 4 home clean sheet of the season, and the goal came from a 84th minute penatly from Joe Hamill.

13/9/2005 - League
Stoke (A) 4-1
an embrassing defeat at the hands of stoke saw City sink to new levels.It was Sambegou Bangoura that scored after 2 minutes he added his 2nd after 26 minutes and Sweeney made it 3 for the home team. MDV scored just after H/T but stoke wrapped it up with a 77th minute goal from old timer Bruce Dyer.

17/9/2005 - League
Brighton (A) 2-2
A trip down south ended in a 4 goal thriller, Piper scored for city after 8 mins only for Brighton to reply with a quick goal after 9 mins. Brighton took the lead after the half hour mark with Ian Peace scoring an easy goal. Elvis Hammond scored in the 2nd to give us a point.

21/9/2005 - League Cup 2nd Round
Brentford (A) 2-2 (Leicester win on pens)
After some poor form in the league, we hoped it wouldnt continue in the cup. MDV scored after 13 minutes and 1-0 remained the score at H/T. I warned the players not to let there fitness drop and told Hendo, making his 2nd appearance of the season both in the cup i was pleased with his peformance. on the 67th the home fans went crazy when Lloyd Owusu pulled a goal back. At full time i brough Matt Piper on for Sylla and told them all that that we only needed one goal. Straight from KO in extra time Brentford made it 2-1 when 20 Year Old Darren Pratley scored a screamer. It was Matt Piper who slotted home on 102 minutes to send the match into pens.

Brendford O'Conner Saved by Hendo 0-0
LCFC Elvis Scored 1-0
Brenford Dobson Scored 1-1
LCFC Jase Wilcox Scored 2-1
Brenford Hutchinson Scored 2-2
LCFC MDV Scored 3-2
Brentford Nelson Saved by Hendo 3-2
LCFC Piper Put it wide 3-2
Brentford Skulason missed 3-2

We pick up another 20K for getting into the next round. We face mid table Prem team Fulham at Home

Last edited:
24/9/2005 - League
Palace (H) 0-0
Our 5th home game and still not conceded at home just a shame we cant score either. The amouth if games in a short period of time showed on the fitness of the players in a very even game.

27/9/2005 - League
Wolves (A) 2-1
Wolves won at home after coming down from 1 nil down. city Scored after 10 minutes through MDV only for Horsfield to equalise for the home team, he added his second in the 50th minute. Gerrbrand went of late in game injured, a big loss for us.

1/10/2005 - League
QPR (H) 4-1
a fantastic home win, saw us continue our home record and saw a Sheehan
make his first start of the season. QPR scored 1st after just 4 mins, but Matt Piper made it 1-1 from the pen spot. Piper made it 2-1 in the 50th with a well worked team goal. Hamill scored from the spot as well in the 89th and MDV added the 4th in the 90th.

my first full signing as boss is one for the future of Leicester City in the form of Aberdeen's 17 year defender Andy Bagshaw. He cost me 50K and will join up with the rest of squad on the 1st of Jan 2006.

Gerrbrand returns from his injury only to get food posioning and see himself out of training for a week longer. Sheehan after impressing in the last game was due to start but was called up to Irelands U19s.

15/10/2005 - League
Hull (A) 1-2
our second win in a row sees us climb to 13th in the table. MDV and Elvis scored our goals in a boring match. It was MDVs 9th if the season and he remains top scorer.

Offered a contract to 22 year old Jon Gibbens after he impressed the coaches while on trail at the club. He may be useful for backup in midfield

hammond scores quite a few on this game. mostly due to his pace. hune is better deployed in midfield

try signing someone called nik besagno, also helder barbosa. both should be relatively cheap

18/10/2005 - League
Sheff Utd (H) 1-2
my first home loss of the season.
Neil Shipperley scored inside 2 minutes and from then on it was one way traffic. Matty Piper popped up and made it 1-1 on 39 but in the 41st Danny Webber got the 2nd for Sheff United. Sheehan had a good game again at left back, he is one for the future apparently.

That Gibbens signed for me as well he joins the team straight away.

I have also bid accepted 30K for Nathan Hotte from Hull he is 17 and has been playing first team football for Hull, scoring 6 in 4 starts (7 of the bench). He was also the Hull scorer in the 2-1 victory over them. He will Join the squad with Bagshaw on the 1/1/2006 after signing a 4 year contract.

22/10/2005 - League
Norwich (A) - 2-1
Our 2nd loss in a row came from an even game that Leicester should have edged. Norwich scored 1st from the spot Leon McKenzie after 62 minutes. Stevie Hughes got his 3rd of the season on the 65th only for Dean Ashton to crop up and slide the ball in the onion bag on the 70th. We were unlucky and i made sure the lads knew this with the Fulham cup tie coming up to keep confidence high.

On the eve of the 3rd tie bad news came our way with Rab Douglas pulling a hamstring in training. I get a 3 month loan bid accepted for young Arsenal shot stopper Mark Howard.

26/10/2005 - League Cup 3rd Round
Fulham (H) - What a Game (score at end)
The lads nervous in the changing room before the match, i told them we had nothing to lose just go out there and play football. Hendo was put between the sticks as Mark Howard hadnt accepted terms at the present time and Logan was on the bench.
Leicester had a good start but never really troubled the Fulham keeper, but it was Fulham that took the lead. Luis Boa Morte was unmarked and blasted home in the bottom corner from 15 yards out.

H/T Leicester 0-1 Fulham

50 mins on the clock and the walkers stadium errupted Iain Hume grabbed his first goal the club (1-1). On 55 the crowd couldnt believe it when MDV scored he has scored in every round so far. (2-1). Just one minutes later Heider Helguson made it 2-2 and on 64 mins Mark Pembridge used his experience made space and wacked home a finish from well outside the box. (2-3). But on the 80th a ball from the Right from Piper found the head of MDV and he got his second of the game (3-3)

F/T 3-3
only 18000 turned up a wednesday night to see this cracker and i told the team not to let them down and dont give it i was proud of them what ever happened. In the 96th minute Hume played a long ball to MDV who took it well jinked a defender and placed it in the bottom left. The Walkers went crazy as Leicester booked there place in the 4th round and collected there 30K winnings. Hatrick hero MDV got MOTM. Leicester 4-3 Fulham

The draw later confirmed City have another home tie against Sheff Utd.

Last edited:
Nathan said:
hammond scores quite a few on this game. mostly due to his pace. hune is better deployed in midfield

try signing someone called nik besagno, also helder barbosa. both should be relatively cheap

besagno - cant move because he has already moved clubs this season plus there will be probs with work permit

barbosa - is being scouting at the minute

-The Arsenal Keep Mark Howard has Joined Leicester city on a 3 month loan while Rab is injured.

29/10/2005 - League
Coventry (H) 3-3
After the Fulham i hoped we could continue to win, but this time in the league but it wasnt to be, after Hendo let in 3 first half goals i subbed him at half time and gave a debut to new loan signing Howard. Our scorers were Elvis with 2 and Iain Hume, thats two in two for him.

1/11/2005 - League
Leeds United (A) 0-1
A good and much needed win for city in a game full of talking points. It only took 4 minutes for Iain Hume to get his 3rd goal of the season and 3 in 3 for him. After 15 minutes Joey got a 2nd yellow and got sent off, but leeds when down to ten men as well when Gary Kelly got sent off on the hour mark. Then on 87 minutes a crunching tackle left sylla down and out, a later report confirmed he has a broken leg and more than likely we be out for the rest of the season. However things got worse for city when Gerrbrand got his second yellow and got his marching orders on the 89th minute.

Because of the number of injuries and bans i have, i signed another lad on trail, 21 year old Nick Clark at DR! and i also got French frontman Julian Hornuss on a 3 month loan from MK Dons.

Luton Town offered a total offer of 100K and 40% of the next transfer fee for Gilbert and who was i to refuse, Alan Sheehan looks OK at LB so i let him discuss terms. He will be talking the short trip down south and joining up with his new team mates on the 1/1/2005

maybe you should consider doing screen shots now n again to make it a little more interesting:

league table? top scorers? team sheet (stats)

5/11/2005 - League
Watford (A) 1-0
another day another loss. A poor game saw Iain Hume get injured in the first half and Watford score in the second

Current Squad
f0929224.jpg

19/11/2005 - League
Millwall (H) 2-2
Elvis open the scoring mid way through the first half only for Asaba to put away a peno just before half time. Millwall got their second and we didnt give up, we had 14 shots compared to their 3 so one was bound to go in and it was sub Joe Hamill that scored it.

26/11/2005 - League
Plymouth (H) 1-1
a game were we deserved to lose, Plymouth took the lead after just 24 seconds with Micky Evans putting away a well worked team goal. Iain Hume made it 1-1 in the 85th.

Gerrbrand http://img491.imageshack.us/img491/260/gerrbrand4xd.jpg picks up an injury and will be out for a month.

30/11/2005 - League Cup 4th Round
Sheff Utd (H)
23,000 fans turned up on a cold wet November wednesday night in the hope the Leciesters poor season doesnt carry across into the league. United looked the better side in both halves and Leicester had 3 shots cleared of the line. Young Wesolowski made his first appearance coming off the bench on the 71st. At full time it was 0-0 and for the fourth time in four cup ties the match when into extra time. And then 120 minutes were on the clock when Joe Hamill crossed a great ball in and Elvis Hammond just stuck out his foot and BANG 1-0. Leicester are in the League Cup Quater Finals.

The Quater Final Draw was made Leicester were the first out of the hat and will play another home tie against European Giants Manchester United.

Last edited:
3/12/2005 - League
Preston (A) 2-1
Another away loss and Preston walked all over us. Preston went 2-0 up in the first start for Weso and it was Sub Joey Gudjonsson that scored for us.

FA Cup 3rd Draw - We have Premiership Portsmouth at Home on the 7/1/2006

And young Man Utd Defender Piquejoins Leicester on a 3 month loan.

10/12/2005 - League
Reading (H) 2-3
A game we should have won with Elvis putting us ahead after 2 mins, Iain Hume came off injured in the 14th minute to be replaced by MDV and it was MDV who made it 2-0 but Reading made it 2-1 just before H.T/ the second was a shambles and it didnt help with MDV getting a red card. Reading scored twice in the 90th minute.

13/12/2005 - League
Burnley (A) 2-2
Burnley scored early on and Stevie Hughes made it 1-1, only for Burnley to retake the lead seconds later. Pique came on for his debut and Kisnorbo got the point for us in the 53rd.

17/12/2005 - League
Crewe (A) 0-2
At last a win, a weakened squad due to one or two injuries was put out and Joe Hamill in the 13th and Matty Piper in the 92nd gave city the three points.

After 24 games we sit in 17th with 27 points - The Table

17/12/2005 - Matt Piper gets an illness and is sent home to prevent the spread of the virus. This adds worries on the right hand side with sylla with a broken leg, it looks like hume will have to start on the right against man utd.

21/12/2005 - League Cup Quater Finals
Man Utd (H) 0-3
Again a lot of young and inexperienced players played this game, pique wasnt allow to play as man utd would let him and Horness is cup tied. This is how the teams lined up we gave it a good shot, and i was pleased with the effort.

26/12/2005 - On loan Striker Tommy Wright who went on loan before i took the job had a clause in the contract that says if blackpool make a bid of 40K i have to accept, blackpool have made this offer.

ScarboroughFox said:
13/12/2005 - League
Burnley (A) 2-2
Burnley scored early on and Stevie Hughes made it 1-1, only for Burnley to retake the lead seconds later. Pique came on for his debut and Kisnorbo got the point for us in the 53rd.

17/12/2005 - League
Crewe (A) 0-2
At last a win, a weakened squad due to one or two injuries was put out and Joe Hamill in the 13th and Matty Piper in the 92nd gave city the three points.

After 24 games we sit in 17th with 27 points - The Table ;)

17/12/2005 - Matt Piper gets an illness and is sent home to prevent the spread of the virus. This adds worries on the right hand side with sylla with a broken leg, it looks like hume will have to start on the right against man utd.

21/12/2005 - League Cup Quater Finals
Man Utd (H) 0-3
Again a lot of young and inexperienced players played this game, pique wasnt allow to play as man utd would let him and Horness is cup tied. This is how the teams lined up we gave it a good shot, and i was pleased with the effort.

26/12/2005 - On loan Striker Tommy Wright who went on loan before i took the job had a clause in the contract that says if blackpool make a bid of 40K i have to accept, blackpool have made this offer.

You did really well to dick Man U 3-0 on their own turf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670