FM Transmitter to Car Radio - Help needed please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
0,1425,sz=1&i=130362,00.jpg

Do they do a sheep that based on people whobuck trends because they think it's clever/cool? ;)

Nothing to do with being clever/cool. I think ipods are good, but over rated and over priced. Many of the people who buy them do so without even thinking about the alternatives, hence the sheep thing.

The MP3 player I use the most cost £15 off ebay, it's really cheap and nasty looking. But I bought it because you can plug in 2GB SD cards, and it runs on normal batteries. I find it suits my needs better than something that needs to be plugged into a charger.

Nothing to do with being clever/cool. I think ipods are good, but over rated and over priced. Many of the people who buy them do so without even thinking about the alternatives, hence the sheep thing.

The MP3 player I use the most cost £15 off ebay, it's really cheap and nasty looking. But I bought it because you can plug in 2GB SD cards, and it runs on normal batteries. I find it suits my needs better than something that needs to be plugged into a charger.

Fair play to you.

I put a 2gb card in my phone. I now have roughly 300 songs stored on it and it cost me about £35 as oppose to £100 for an ipod. Plus it does a lot more than any Ipod could ever hope to do. Overall the phone plus card cost about £150....not bad imo

My Mp3 duals as my memory stick and is ideal for my needs, and Ipod would not do this. Has anyone had any success with an FM transmitter, i was going to buy one as my latest car (fecking wankey ford focus) came with a tape player. (fecking tape player!!! I dont own a single fecking tape!!!)

I found that too, the FM transmitters are generally a waste of time IMO.

That's far too much of a generalisation. Mine works very well in both the car and the boat - much easier than dragging loads od CDs around and much more relaxing than listening to all the guff between tracks on the radio.

That's far too much of a generalisation. Mine works very well in both the car and the boat - much easier than dragging loads od CDs around and much more relaxing than listening to all the guff between tracks on the radio.

You can get some that use power from the cig lighter, I bet that would work better because there would be more power to the transmitter.

You can get some that use power from the cig lighter, I bet that would work better because there would be more power to the transmitter.

Most of them use power from the lighter socket.

I think some of them have been designed to be very low power for legal reasons, but there are some decent ones around that work well, I have a cheap ebay one which I think came from Hong Kong, which is fine, I had a branded one previously that I bought from a UK online store that wasn't so good.

Mine can take its power from either the cigar lighter or from 2xAAA batteries - neither gives a better result than the other method, but the batteries do discharge very quickly.

Well it worked brilliantly, a bit of feedback while going over bumpy roads but thats to be expected, much better quality than radio.

Most of them use power from the lighter socket.

I think some of them have been designed to be very low power for legal reasons, but there are some decent ones around that work well, I have a cheap ebay one which I think came from Hong Kong, which is fine, I had a branded one previously that I bought from a UK online store that wasn't so good.

Which one did you buy?

Im thinking of getting one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MP3-Player-US...4QQihZ020QQcategoryZ58350QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

One thing I don't understand about this whole thread. If you are in your car and you have access to the car stereo, why do you want to beam the signal to an mp3 player and listen through the headphones?, why not just listen through the car speakers?

One thing I don't understand about this whole thread. If you are in your car and you have access to the car stereo, why do you want to beam the signal to an mp3 player and listen through the headphones?, why not just listen through the car speakers?

Think you have got confused there melts!!!

The transmitter sends the tunes from your MP3 through the radio and out your car speakers.

Think you have got confused there melts!!!

The transmitter sends the tunes from your MP3 through the radio and out your car speakers.
:icon_redf Thanks Lboro, that now makes perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669