Football manager 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Failing that, your game ip isn't always the same as your computer ip.

go to the game status screen (there was a link in the form of a stopwatch in the bottom left on FM2007, not sure about 08). your game ip will be there. if you're already using this then i'm no help at all!

The game status shows two different IP's seperated by a '/' do I enter both or just one?

The game status shows two different IP's seperated by a '/' do I enter both or just one?

Try both? one of them has to work!

If the host (you?) is using a wireless router, you'll need to do some tinkering with it so that others can connect. That's the only other thing i can think of.

Try both? one of them has to work!

If the host (you?) is using a wireless router, you'll need to do some tinkering with it so that others can connect. That's the only other thing i can think of.

Not using a wireless router!

What are the numbers? One could be a subnet mask

I cant remember off the top of my head, the first had less numbers in something like 134.2.3.4 where as the second one had more numbers such as 86.334.245.33

On the last one you had to be in the same network, ie using the same wireless internet.

We could never play if we were in different areas.

This may be of help http://www.footballmanagerlive.com

:038::038::038:Cheers everybody for your help. Had problem with my IP address not being static and something to do with my router not forwarding or something like that. Anyway finally got it sorted. Again cheers everyone for your help :038::038:

Mr. Jessel *******' Football Manager 2008 Employment history:

Season 1:

Started as Man Utd manager (as you do when you first start) won the league cup.

Megson resigned and took over Stoke, Leicester were nr the playoffs I couldn't turn down the Leicester job so i left Man Utd then became Leicester manager. Made changes in the January window and led the team to 3rd, won in the play offs. I only signed a one year deal. After lengthly discussions with the chairman we both felt it was right for me to leave the club even though i took them to the premiership.

Season 2:

West Ham were relegated to the Championship, with an ambitious chairman it was hard to refuse the job which they offered after Curbs got the sack. I signed a one year deal and again led the team to 3rd. All the big star players left i made a new team. Again I felt it was right to leave the club with immediate effect after I led the team to promotion.

Season 3:

Blackburn were relegated to the Championship with fantastic staff, fans and players I couldn't refuse the chance to becoming their manager. The fans got on my back all season I led the team to fourth and got them up via the play offs.

Season 4:

Celtic wanted me, and I felt it was the right time to leave England after winning the league cup with Man U & getting Leicester, West Ham & Blackburn up to the premiership all be it all via the play offs. I wanted a change so i accepted the Celtic job. I lasted just four days, after finding out you had to have a certain amount of U21's in your squad and only having £3 million to spend again I spoke to the chairman giving an ulitimatium "give me more funds or im off" I was sacked as the Celtic manager after just 4 days.

I had a month off with my family went abroad to NZ. I came back and Birmingham were in the Premiership just got taken over very ambitious established Premiership side i decided to sign a 3 year contract. Finished 11th in my first season. After spending 60million on new players a European Cup finish and a domestic cup is what is expected of me in the next season, can I achieve this goal or will I be fired?

Last edited by a moderator:
FFS, surely the best bit about getting a club promoted is to see how well you can last in the Prem??

I've just started a game with Swansea, having a storming pre-season:

Swansea 3-1 Fenerbache
Swansea 0-0 Charlton
Swansea 5-0 Coventry
Swansea 2-0 Den Haag

sounds realistic Jessel

Its been a funny a wierd career thus far.

In the January window I'm given more funds, i spend a further £10million. 4th in the table with a 5 point lead from 5th, 3 points off top. Could i do the unthinkable and win the Premiership, stay tuned :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669