Foxes Trust e-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted by the FT on the Fox forum @ 12.56

Remembering the final bid is still not in front of us, but from what we have seen to date.

Stadium wise - we believe the Teachers deal will just be maintained until we get into the Premiership. If we then stay there with the £m's from Sky money MM then may look at buying the ground (you could argue that the current board would have had the same option, but we have to get there first).

Shareholders - no payment up front, may not get all money back.

Posted by the FT on the Fox forum @ 12.56

Remembering the final bid is still not in front of us, but from what we have seen to date.

Stadium wise - we believe the Teachers deal will just be maintained until we get into the Premiership. If we then stay there with the £m's from Sky money MM then may look at buying the ground (you could argue that the current board would have had the same option, but we have to get there first).

Shareholders - no payment up front, may not get all money back.
Why would anybody believe that Newts?, they didn't believe me when I posted it a month ago

Why would anybody believe that Newts?, they didn't believe me when I posted it a month ago

Who is 'they'?

I certainly didn't believe MM was going to buy the stadium as part of this takeover, it makes no sense to spend loads of money on that, if you want to get promoted quickly the way to do that is spend money on the team, not the ground. It's the nonsense being written by the Mockery that's had some people believing MM is going to buy the stadium.

Who is 'they'?

I certainly didn't believe MM was going to buy the stadium as part of this takeover, it makes no sense to spend loads of money on that, if you want to get promoted quickly the way to do that is spend money on the team, not the ground. It's the nonsense being written by the Mockery that's had some people believing MM is going to buy the stadium.

your right jeff only when or if we get back to the prem will MM IMO buy back the walkers after one or 2 seasons back i n the prem :102:

Who is 'they'?

I posted that he would buy the stadium after we had been in the Prem for one year and stayed there. Not immediately though, as you say, that would be ludicrous

Last edited:
problem is its very difficult to stay in the premiership without spending the cash on players not bricks and steel.

i liked this and thought it would go well in here :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_wink

A song to be sung by The Foxes Trust.

I cried to Tim Davies on the telephone
But how long now?

Until the Serb rolls in and we go home.
the line went

Milan is coming, Milan is coming
I say no matter how I try, I realise there's no reply.
Milan is coming, Milan is coming.......................

To the tune of 'The Saints Are Coming' By U2 and Green Day

Last edited:
problem is its very difficult to stay in the premiership without spending the cash on players not bricks and steel.

If we were in the Premiership the money we'd receive would make the payments to Teachers seem like small change, so it would be more sensible to just increase the payments to pay it off more quickly, rather than pay the whole lot at once.

But within a couple of years the clubs in the Premiership will have so much more money than the rest that it's going to become almost impossible for newly promoted clubs to compete and stay up, so it's important that we go up as soon as possible.

If we were in the Premiership the money we'd receive would make the payments to Teachers seem like small change, so it would be more sensible to just increase the payments to pay it off more quickly, rather than pay the whole lot at once.

But within a couple of years the clubs in the Premiership will have so much more money than the rest that it's going to become almost impossible for newly promoted clubs to compete and stay up, so it's important that we go up as soon as possible.

agreed

Its virtually impossible now for Championship teams to compete at the next level............ when you consider how much is swilling around in the prem after the new deal from overseas T.V. rights £625 MILLION is an awful lot of dough just for the premiership and when you consider(if true) that the bottom club will trouser £27 mill. how the hell can any Championship side compete with that plus the greedy attitudes of players who want mega money for playing 90mins of football there's only one ending to this lot .............Bankruptcy..... with teams selling their souls to stay in the top league along with dwindling gates...... because the working man wont be able to afford to see his side

Its virtually impossible now for Championship teams to compete at the next level............ when you consider how much is swilling around in the prem after the new deal from overseas T.V. rights £625 MILLION is an awful lot of dough just for the premiership and when you consider(if true) that the bottom club will trouser £27 mill. how the hell can any Championship side compete with that plus the greedy attitudes of players who want mega money for playing 90mins of football there's only one ending to this lot .............Bankruptcy..... with teams selling their souls to stay in the top league along with dwindling gates...... because the working man wont be able to afford to see his side

Yet more are staying up than in a long while :102:

It would be nice to think the extra money the Premiership teams are getting will lead to cheaper tickets, and more money going into the lower divisions in transfer fees.

But that won't happen, the players and their agents will end up getting most of the money, the rest will go abroad in transfer fees. There'll be so much pressure to stay on the gravy train clubs will spend every penny of the extra they get - and more, just to end up standing still.
The extra money won't improve the game, it will just mean those making an obscene amount of money will earn even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566