Fryatt Out, McLeod In !

Status
Not open for further replies.
But McLeod had a chance at this level and looked out of his depth. Fryatt when fit and in the right frame of mind is superb.

This afternoon, he looked interested if a bit raw.

Almost scored a cracker in the 2nd half, when he lifted it over the defenders head and struck it well to be denied by a good save from the Oadby keeper.

Agree with you about Fryatt 100%, people are saying have we got short memories for not considering how poor he was last season, but it was his goals that saved us from going down the season before, when we can get him playing anywhere near like that again the goals will soon start flowing for him and then he will prove his doubters wrong!!

Almost scored a cracker in the 2nd half, when he lifted it over the defenders head and struck it well to be denied by a good save from the Oadby keeper.

Agree with you about Fryatt 100%, people are saying have we got short memories for not considering how poor he was last season, but it was his goals that saved us from going down the season before, when we can get him playing anywhere near like that again the goals will soon start flowing for him and then he will prove his doubters wrong!!

Exactly what I said to my Dad. He's got that ''touch'' which tee's him up for a good striker.

A few decent touches today

Gotta disagree with you 2 guys above.... I'm all for Fryatt leaving. I was at Oadby & I thought he looked off the pace & well below the standards he showed in his first season. He should have had a goal for the chances presented to him. The volley he did looked park football standard - I know they were playing on a surface that was no better than a park - but that was a volley bounce and such like had no influence. I'm not saying McLeod is any better - I'd rather snatch Wolves hands off for £900,000 and get DJ Campbell in who I think would score more goals than those two jokers put together.

I personally disagree with this negativity to Fryatt.

I would give him one last chance. For him to be sold, in effort to a bring a striker who has a similar track record seems silly to me.

Except that the negativity is probably coming from Fryatt himself.

My observation of him is that he undoubtedly has ability but is unhappy at Leicester and is not interested in playing for Leicester City. In these circumstances it is always the best thing to get rid of a player - whether it's a pub team or Manchester United.

D J Campbell has scored goals at this level; McLeod hasn't.....so if Milan is going to splash a bit of cash then it would be best not to risk it on McLeod who probably has less ability than Fryatt.

My observation of him is that he undoubtedly has ability but is unhappy at Leicester and is not interested in playing for Leicester City. In these circumstances it is always the best thing to get rid of a player - whether it's a pub team or Manchester United.

D J Campbell has scored goals at this level; McLeod hasn't.....so if Milan is going to splash a bit of cash then it would be best not to risk it on McLeod who probably has less ability than Fryatt.

agreed :038::038:

I can't quite understand the people saying a big no to McLeod because he's a lower league striker who hasn't proved himself at this level, but are then so keen to keep Fryatt, who, let's face it, is a lower league striker who still hasn't proved himself at this level.

I can't quite understand the people saying a big no to McLeod because he's a lower league striker who hasn't proved himself at this level, but are then so keen to keep Fryatt, who, let's face it, is a lower league striker who still hasn't proved himself at this level.

I can understand it - they're all complete spanners

Campbell is to sign today or Tuesday.
City have agreed a basic £1.2m figure with Wolves and Preston for Fryatt.
Mandaric is meeting Pete Winkelman today to finalise a deal for McLeod.
That's the word from various journo collaegues !

so you would get him in then homer

Not for me - I was just commenting on the warped logic used to justify one thing (Fryatt) whilst at the same time using the same argument to denounce another (McLeod)

Madness, I tells ya

It will be good business if we get sell on or performance clauses. He has not performed here and it is not down to injury.

Equally if we end up with 2 new strikers who can hit the target from 10 yards, I would be happy to see Hume on the bench.

Our strikeforce will certainly have advanced if neither Hume or Fryatt are starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669