Fryatt Out, McLeod In !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin Allen takes a strong Leicester City squad to Hinckley United tonight (7.30) with more than a few pointers towards his eventual starting line-up.

Bruno N'Gotty appears to be the cornerstone of the back four and the only question is who would partner him.

With Patrick Kisnorbo away with Australia at the Asia Cup, Gareth McAuley gets the role at the Marston's Stadium tonight after returning from Northern Ireland duty.

Also pencilled in must be Jimmy Nielsen in goal, James Chambers at right-back, Shaun Newton and Radostin Kishishev in midfield, and Carl Cort and Iain Hume making up the strike partnership.

The writing is on the wall for anyone not featuring strongly and City manager Allen said: “It has been explained to them in no uncertain terms that this club is different now as we have a big, strong squad.

“I was delighted with the two friendlies on Saturday (at Quorn and Oadby) and I have had to make some changes, some decisions.”

Young Joe Mattock, a strong claimant for the left-back spot, has a slight hamstring strain, but latest signing Stephen Clemence, unlikely to be anything other than a starter when fully fit, is in the squad.

Allen said: “Those who may feel left out will hopefully see it as a challenge to make their way into the side. Everyone will be given that chance.”

As an example, Allen said: “I have named one of the scholars, Ryan Beswick, because he did so well at Quorn. He has earned the right to travel with the first team for the first time.”

From the Mockery.

T'would appear he is off as even MA isn't mad enough to think MDV and Elvis would offer more over the season than Fryatt.

Im starting to like MA more and more :038::038::038: if that dont get fryatt moving by leaving him out and puting MDV and elvis in then get rid of Fryatt ASAP IMO

“I was delighted with the two friendlies on Saturday (at Quorn and Oadby) and I have had to make some changes, some decisions.”

Young Joe Mattock, a strong claimant for the left-back spot, has a slight hamstring strain, but latest signing Stephen Clemence, unlikely to be anything other than a starter when fully fit, is in the squad.

Allen said: “Those who may feel left out will hopefully see it as a challenge to make their way into the side. Everyone will be given that chance.”

As an example, Allen said: “I have named one of the scholars, Ryan Beswick, because he did so well at Quorn. He has earned the right to travel with the first team for the first time.”

i know durham i got the impression from some of them that theres more to it than meets the eye

i know durham i got the impression from some of them that theres more to it than meets the eye

I think so with Fryatt as MA had praised him from early training so it may point to him leaving.

I would think MA told the squad that everyone had a chance to impress last Saturday and he would then select a normal sized squad for the remaining pre season games to create competition??

Note paragraph 5 of the mercury article "The writing is on the wall for anyone not featuring strongly".... Bill Anderson has written this after talking to Allen. I'm sure this is code for saying that Fryatt is on his way, Porter has dropped down the pecking order - and that we should pay careful attention to those who 'who 'features strongly'. Forward line probably is Cort & Hume get the lions share of the game, whilst MDV & Elvis get a little.
But it's looking like the game will have to be cancelled... look outside your windows!

I don't think there is any secret that the club is prepared to sell Fryatt. They didn't say "no" to Wolves - only "not enough". Also, all the indications are that Fryatt would not be unhappy to leave Leicester. It does look as if we are waiting for a striker to come in and then he will leave.

However, he could be missing against Hinckley United for any number of reasons including if he's carrying a knock etc.

I don't think there is any secret that the club is prepared to sell Fryatt. They didn't say "no" to Wolves - only "not enough". Also, all the indications are that Fryatt would not be unhappy to leave Leicester. It does look as if we are waiting for a striker to come in and then he will leave.

However, he could be missing against Hinckley United for any number of reasons including if he's carrying a knock etc.

i know what youre saying and you may well be right but i was referring to the others (who were part of the squad last season) some think those who arent in this squad are out of the door we cant possibly play all of them tonight

i know what youre saying and you may well be right but i was referring to the others (who were part of the squad last season) some think those who arent in this squad are out of the door we cant possibly play all of them tonight

Beswick included, Hughes omitted speaks volumes to me.

again you might be right after all hughes is/was being lined up to go to hearts (i think??) but i think whoever was omitted out of the squad there were always going to be question marks as to why 'x' was left out etc etc

Note paragraph 5 of the mercury article "The writing is on the wall for anyone not featuring strongly".... Bill Anderson has written this after talking to Allen. I'm sure this is code for saying that Fryatt is on his way, Porter has dropped down the pecking order - and that we should pay careful attention to those who 'who 'features strongly'. Forward line probably is Cort & Hume get the lions share of the game, whilst MDV & Elvis get a little.
But it's looking like the game will have to be cancelled... look outside your windows!

He is in the squad now

I just looked out the window as instructed, it's a lovely day.
Not exactly the weather you'd expect for July, but nice enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669