Fryup to Crewe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to about 3 days ago.....

I hadn't heard about this, is there any truth in this?

As long as Howard and DJ were linking up well I wouldn't care but this hasn't been the case. I'd rather have Fryatt cominig of the bench ahead of Hayles.

If he goes to Crewe on loan, it will just show how unwanted he feels at Leicester.

Obviously the player himself has to take the main responsibility for under-achievement but successive managers & coaches seem to have failed to build on his potential.

It doesn't take much working out to see that he is a bit too slow and needs to lose a few pounds and quicken up. We seem to have a general difficulty in not being able to improve players with undoubted potential.

If he goes to Crewe on loan, it will just show how unwanted he feels at Leicester.

Obviously the player himself has to take the main responsibility for under-achievement but successive managers & coaches seem to have failed to build on his potential.

It doesn't take much working out to see that he is a bit too slow and needs to lose a few pounds and quicken up. We seem to have a general difficulty in not being able to improve players with undoubted potential.

Top post RF :038:

Spot on R, spot on!!!

Perhaps. He and Hume did link up well in their first season together (under Craig Levein) but it just didn't happen again the next season when they started the season up front together.

But... whilst Mark De Vries was at the club, MDV did have a better strike rate than Fryatt...

i agree that we have missed that golden opportunity to mould a young player into what we want, but he is a mood player imo so loaning him out and then giving him the summer to show ollie that hes improved would be good for him. he showed a lot of natural talent when we signed him and that still has to be there, he just needs the chance to show that and regain some confidence at a level where hes proven himself

I rate Fryatt and think he could easily score 10-20 goals in this division but for whatever reason he just doesnt seem to want to put the effort in. It seems to have been the case for sometime now and if he cant be bothered then unfortunately the ony option is to get rid.

Hopefully something will change and he will push his way into the first team plans, but I dont think it will happen.

Last edited:
Hopefully something will change and he will push his way into the first team plans, but I dont think it will happen.

I don't think it will happen either. My impression is that he soon realised that he didn't want to be here; was hoping for a move back to the West Midlands; that didn't happen - and he hasn't put in the effort.

Perhaps going to Crewe might be a wake up call - if he's not careful he will slip out of the mainstream into being a lower division 'has been' in his early 20's. Even if he's short of professional pride, he surely can see the financial implications for himself.

To be honest, he shouldn't now delude himself that he's too good for Leicester City because even in our current poor state, it looks like he isn't good enough for us.

If we stopped taking him in and out of the team I think he will prove how good he is. He has had no service during his period here. Get proper wingers in and you'll see a different Fryatt.

I don't agree 100%. Improving someone's natural pace by more than a fraction is nigh on impossible for any coach.

I don't agree 100%. Improving someone's natural pace by more than a fraction is nigh on impossible for any coach.

But the extra weight may well mean he is currently not achieving his natural pace.

Would it really make a noticable difference to his game though, if he was a few pounds lighter?

I think a loan spell would be ideal or Fryatt. He desperately needs some games and some goals and a bit of confidence. Maybe he would come back as the player we were hoping we'd signed a couple of years ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669