Speculation Gallagher to Huddersfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lee Marshall had to be worse though as he was always shit - Junior looked amazing in his first couple of games against Liverpool & Chelsea at home but rapidly went downhill after there.

Re lf jnr - i'm sure he meant nothing personal by his comment and was purely referring to his opinion on Gallagher's football abilties.

Re Gallagher - He's definitely not shit as some of his goals have been the best we have seen at the walkers/kp. He is massively inconsistant for us though , whether this is down to us playing him out of postiton as I always knew of him before his City time as a striker or just down to his ability we will have to wait and see. I do think he would be well worthy of a squad place for us though but with him not being first choice, I can imagine he would be pushing for a move himself so understanable to see him move on.

He has been a consistent finisher in front of goal and shown composure when he has had a chance. Maybe if we'd played him as a striker, his preferred position, we may have seen more from him.

Quite right! Good riddance to bad rubbish! Leicester City are so packed with World class players that ANYBODY not guaranteed a start for one of the World's top international teams should be shown the door immediately. How are we going to match Barcelona with players of this calibre?

Gallagher, SSL and Beckford may not be in the forefront of footballing talent, but I am a little surprised that supporters of a team languishing in a middle-bottom position in the Championship should be so picky. Were any of these players to leave, without suitable replacement, I should presume that Nigel Pearson is attempting suicide.

Is it possible to languish in the table after 3 games?

I also don't know many managers who don't want to sign replacements when players leave. It's generally out of their hands.

He has been a consistent finisher in front of goal and shown composure when he has had a chance. Maybe if we'd played him as a striker, his preferred position, we may have seen more from him.

I was saying similar to my Dad on the way to the Burton game, certainly can't remember him missing a penalty for us, but in a lot of games he's played out wide for us, he has been very ineffective.

To be fair, he is probably worth a shot up front for us as none of the front lot have really been on fire for us so far but I think it would be worse for us to changing the front set-up much as we've barely played any games so far so pretty silly to be judging players performances over the course of the season already.

We've made our bed so to speak with him being a wide man so it will be our loss, which it usually is, if he moves on to bang in more than he has ever done for us. The strikers we have used so far should be more than capable of getting us promoted. No need for any more imo or putting Gally up top as it would be seen to be a desperate move as we've never really played him there before and we do not need to get desperate yet.

Last edited:
Now BG has pissed off, probably not.

I'm still in touch with BG so can call him a **** on anyone's behalf if they so wish. I do it on a regular basis if only to keep him on his toes.

I'd keep him, as a squad member.

The problem is, players of his age don't want to be a squad member at a championship club. They want to be playing.

Our reserve players should be younger players who see being on the bench for Leicester as an opportunity, not players who are pissed off because they're not starting games.

I guess the OP never saw Junior Lewis, otherwise he'd surely realise that Gallagher is just an average Championship striker, nothing more, nothing less.

Then why are we so keen to get rid when, with some serious hard work and commitment we could almost get to be an average Championship team.

Then why are we so keen to get rid when, with some serious hard work and commitment we could almost get to be an average Championship team.

Eh? I wouldn't lose any sleep if we sold him, I just think the people saying he is shit are wrong. Any player who isn't world class week in, week out is classed as shit to some people. It's as though there is no middle ground.

I wouldn't lose sleep either. There just seems to be an awful lot of folks around that believe that we are anything more than an average team and therefore, we are bound to have a whole bunch of average players and to think that they are shit is to believe that we, as a team are anything but.

Mystically forces from the inside SJN - whoever is in charge of the team and whoever owns the club, we are doomed to a destiny of distict averageness. Apparently.

I'm still in touch with BG so can call him a **** on anyone's behalf if they so wish. I do it on a regular basis if only to keep him on his toes.

He sent me greeting on Facebook so please don't call him a **** on my behalf as I think that underneath that harsh exterior is a cuddly warm human being trying to get out :icon_wink

Is it possible to languish in the table after 3 games?

I also don't know many managers who don't want to sign replacements when players leave. It's generally out of their hands.

In answer to your first question; No but, we spent most of last season there too (and yes, I do know that that includes time under Sven as well as Nigel Pearson).

As to your second point - and assuming any truth to these rumours - it may be that NP intended the changes and has carefully considered replacements ready to sign. If, as I fear, these sales are a knee-jerk reaction to the Cup defeat and criticism, then we could find Robbie Neilson type replacements or, worse still, no new players and a too small squad.

Most likely we have been looking to move these players on for some time but interested parties didn't have the finance or were waiting until as late as possible in the hope of driving down the fee. I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 or 4 leave but Pearson to have one or two lined up to join today and also a couple of loans to come in over the next couple of weeks.

Most likely we have been looking to move these players on for some time but interested parties didn't have the finance or were waiting until as late as possible in the hope of driving down the fee. I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 or 4 leave but Pearson to have one or two lined up to join today and also a couple of loans to come in over the next couple of weeks.

All sounds desperately last minute to me, selling and buying on the last day of the window is a massive gamble, deals often fall through and could leave the club relying on the loans market which is again a massive gamble. Sensible clubs have most of their deals done well before the last day but we all know sensible and LCFC aren't often linked.

All sounds desperately last minute to me, selling and buying on the last day of the window is a massive gamble, deals often fall through and could leave the club relying on the loans market which is again a massive gamble. Sensible clubs have most of their deals done well before the last day but we all know sensible and LCFC aren't often linked.

Didn't we make three signings before the summer break? Seems like the targets we had were wrapped up a long time ago. We can't sign replacements for players that haven't left yet. I know it seems fashionable to slate the club at the moment but lets get some perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669