Gaza

Status
Not open for further replies.
How on Earth can you justify saying that we (and I'm not sure what you mean by we) should send Israelis packing from London? There are plenty of Israelis living in London that are just normal hard-working folk. It's an idiotic comment.

If you meant the Israeli officials working at the Israeli embassy in London then I would still argue that it's an idiotic comment as the vast majority of them are not directly involved with anything you see on the news.

Last edited:
If you meant the Israeli officials working at the Israeli embassy in London then I would still argue that it's an idiotic comment as the vast majority of them are not directly involved with anything you see on the news.

Their government certainly is involved and that is who they represent.

How on Earth can you justify saying that we (and I'm not sure what you mean by we) should send Israelis packing from London? There are plenty of Israelis living in London that are just normal hard-working folk. It's an idiotic comment.

Embassies have been shut and closed plenty of times over the years as a strong form of protest. I doubt very much if the staff had anything to do with the issues then. But I would bet strongly that the top man there knows what is going on.
The Israelis are only doing this because they know they have the backing of the USA.

To clear something up BG, the 'idiot' comment was mainly made because you said we should send Israelis packing from London. And like I said, there are plenty of Israelis living in London that are just normal hard-working folk.

Macky, would you also say that all the British people working for the British embassy in Iraq should be sent packing?

Embassies have been shut and closed plenty of times over the years as a strong form of protest. I doubt very much if the staff had anything to do with the issues then. But I would bet strongly that the top man there knows what is going on.
The Israelis are only doing this because they know they have the backing of the USA.

Not according to this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/31/world/middleeast/31diplo.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

U.S. Presses Israel on Cease-Fire

By MARK LANDLER
Published: December 30, 2008
WASHINGTON — The United States is pressing Israel to call a cease-fire in its assault on Hamas militants in Gaza, officials said Tuesday, while enlisting Arab countries to press Hamas to do the same.

The intensive diplomacy is being led by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, who made a flurry of phone calls over the last 24 hours to Israeli and Arab leaders. The goal, said a State Department spokesman, Gordon Duguid, is a “reliable cease-fire, one that is durable and sustainable.”

“That is different from the ceasefire that existed in the last six months,” Mr. Duguid said, noting that Hamas routinely violated the previous agreement by firing rockets into southern Israel.

In the past few days, the Bush administration has said Israel was justified in retaliating against Hamas’s attacks. The United States still holds Hamas responsible for the eruption of violence in Gaza, Mr. Duguid said. But the Bush administration has begun to increase pressure on Israel, as the death toll from the attacks surpassed 350, including 60 civilians, according to a United Nations estimate.

“We’re working where we can have the best effect,” said an administration official, speaking on condition of anonymity. “Other parties are working in areas where they have more influence than we do.”

On Tuesday, President Bush spoke by telephone with the president of the Palestinian Authority, Mahmoud Abbas. The two leaders agreed that if a cease-fire in Gaza was to be effective, “it must be respected by Hamas,” said a White House spokesman, Gordon D. Johndroe. Mr. Bush also spoke with President Hosni Mubarak of Egypt, the White House said.

Also on Tuesday, Ms. Rice spoke to King Abdullah of Jordan and the foreign ministers of Egypt and Saudi Arabia, according to the State Department. The United States asked these Arab officials to use their influence with Hamas to halt its rocket attacks.

Ms. Rice placed new calls to the Israeli prime minister, Ehud Olmert, and the Israeli foreign minister, Tzipi Livni, with whom she has been in almost constant contact over the past three days.

With diplomatic efforts still under way, the State Department did not confirm reports in Israel that Washington was seeking a 48-hour cease-fire that would allow relief supplies to be delivered to stricken areas in Gaza. The pause would also give Hamas a last chance to stop its attacks.

Apropos absolutely nothing, I think it is fair to say that a fair number of Arab states are not unhappy that Hamas are being given a bloody nose by Israel.

Macky, would you also say that all the British people working for the British embassy in Iraq should be sent packing?

Eh??? I don't understand your point. :102:

To answer your question, no, just military personnel.
Also, I wasn't advocating closing the Israeli embassy, I was just responding to you saying that they weren't involved.
But what the **** that has to do with Iraq I really don't know.

I am not sure we have an embassy in Iraq.......:102:

We do. It's address is......

MR. G. BASTARD,
Iraqi Government,
Oil Section,
Baghdad,
Iraq

UN resolutions and ceasefires have always been ignored when it comes to Israel. On Israel's part or others. Now if the US were to stop support them, they'd be fecked.

Last edited:
The new Sacha Baron Cohen (spelling) character apparently got some yank official to say if he preferred houmous of hamas. Made a right tit out of him. Will be aired sometime soon.

The other day, the twat Bush said he blamed Hamas. As good as backing the israelis that is.

Obama has hinted his views are different.

Which is probably why Israel is doing it now while the transition is in progress.

And like I said, there are plenty of Israelis living in London that are just normal hard-working folk

i think you are confusing Israelis with Jews

The new Sacha Baron Cohen (spelling) character apparently got some yank official to say if he preferred houmous of hamas.

Does he have a speech defect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670