General Election 7th May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irvine Welsh

Sadly this country is full of self-centered, selfish tossers who would always choose to ignore his very wise words

Never seen it before, although I'd like to think that's how I try to act.

Mates are a waste of ****ing time. They are always ready to drag you down tae their level of social, sexual and intellectual mediocrity.

Irvine Welsh,�*Trainspotting
Is Irvine Welsh a regular poster in here?

I have just got in from the worst run election count I've ever known in fifteen years in politics. I'm off to bed but will leave you with the thought that we might be about to find out what the Liberal Democrats have been doing for all of us over the last five years...

How the ****ity does that despicable **** Vaz get voted back in?

Must be because he loves mangos

If you're not doing so well, vote for a better life for yourself.

If you're doing quite nicely, vote for a better life for others

I like this too. If only most people were that way inclined. Sadly, we're just going to continue to have rich people telling poor people that they have too much money.

How the ****ity does that despicable **** Vaz get voted back in?

Must be because he loves mangos

All three Leicester MPs re-elected with sizeable increases in their share of the vote. In the county the same for the sitting Tories. It was noticing the lack of Labour posters where you might normally expect them and the UKIP ones in their place that made me realise Labour had no traction in this election.

Well I'm pretty chuffed. Personally I don't mind UKIP, I would love to see some of their proposed manifesto introduced such as the immigration points system but ultimately didn't vote for them because it's almost like a vote for anyone other than Labour or Conservatives would be wasted as no other party is going to get in government. Labour fecked up royally in their last Government, The Tory led coalition government has led the country to a slow and steady recovery over the last few years and deserves a chance to try and continue that growth.

Well I'm pretty chuffed. Personally I don't mind UKIP, I would love to see some of their proposed manifesto introduced such as the immigration points system but ultimately didn't vote for them because it's almost like a vote for anyone other than Labour or Conservatives would be wasted as no other party is going to get in government. Labour fecked up royally in their last Government, The Tory led coalition government has led the country to a slow and steady recovery over the last few years and deserves a chance to try and continue that growth.

Your view appears to be the prevalent one across England. It is an interpretation of events that hasn't been shown up to be as inaccurate as it undoubtedly is. It is astonishing how a portrayal can become entrenched as fact. For example, Ed Balls is widely ridiculed and called incompetent and there has been much joy at his disposal. However, he was undoubtedly the most qualified and capable economic talent in Parliament. Even many Tories say so, although they're not allowed to say such things publicly.

What we've got today is Scotland veering to the right and England veering to the left. We have the prospect of years of divisive nonsense within the Tories about Europe which will be damaging to us all. The UK will continue to fragment and resort to fear and blame in the absence of sense.

The main casualties will be Milliband, Clegg and Farage all quitting which I think is extraordinary. Unfortunately, there is such a dearth of talent and options that there is no prospect of an opposition that can lead the mood of the country. For Labour, the right move is to go with Dan Jarvis but they won't.

This election is not good for our country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669