General Election 7th May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a complete ****ing shambles. The worst of all possible outcomes.

I think the worst possible outcome would have been UKIP in Parliament and Nigel Farage as our leader, no?

Only good thing to come of this election is that it has proven that the current system is floored.

ED-BALLS.jpg

They put the tories in power for five years and then put them in a position to win a majority. All for the illusion of having a bit of power. They've paid the price for it now, and so has the country.
Well, you've got a five year opportunity to test your little theory. I promise not to enjoy telling you that I told you so.

I have just got in from the worst run election count I've ever known in fifteen years in politics. I'm off to bed but will leave you with the thought that we might be about to find out what the Liberal Democrats have been doing for all of us over the last five years...

South Thanet counters were yet to be stood down at the time you wrote that. Similar tales of disorganisation from them too.

Well, you've got a five year opportunity to test your little theory. I promise not to enjoy telling you that I told you so.

My little theory?

What I wrote was based in the last five years, not the next five years.

I'm sure the Tories will be worse now they have a proper majority. But if your lot hadn't been so eager to jump into bed with them five years ago the country might be in a better position now, and your party might still have some credibility.

Jeff was broadly agreeing with you I think. They wet their powder too soon though by jumping in last year.

As he has just confirmed.

Last edited:
No.
But you can't use the votes from this election to determine how many seats each party would get under a different system, because people wouldn't vote the same way.

The majority probably would because I imagine the majority haven't a ****ing clue what is going on.

No.
But you can't use the votes from this election to determine how many seats each party would get under a different system, because people wouldn't vote the same way.

I'm not saying that is the way forward but it does highlight the vast disparity in the worth of each vote where two parties can achieve the same representation in parliament when one of them got more than 10 times votes than the other as well as numerous other examples.

I think it's time for change in the system as it is clearly not fair.

No.

But you can use it to illustrate how ****ed most people's true desires were this time around...and for the last seven I voted in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669