Geordies v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we've got the best day of the season to play them on.

They could very well lose some players over the weekend, and have a few gaps in the team, especially with injuries as well.

Hard to say what will happen... if they don't lose players I think we'll suffer a narrow defeat. Lose a couple (especially if Ameobi and Jonas are out) then I think we could at least get a draw.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are they having a team-building day where they all get an opportunity to take part in 'extreme sports'?

now now boc you know what he means - they might have a few players out iinjured :icon_bigg:icon_wink

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are they having a team-building day where they all get an opportunity to take part in 'extreme sports'?

Maybe.

But I meant more that it's the last couple of days of the transfer window and that they've managed to avoid clubs sniffing around so far... but with some more movement in the Premiership as the window comes to an end, the vultures may swoop for the likes of Coloccini, Ameobi, Nolan, Jonas, etc (and possibly Taylor, although he's said he won't go)

Shola Ameobi – Broken Foot – Broken What?
August 28th, 2009 by Ed Harrison · 11 Comments
Shola Ameobi was wearing a plastic surgical boot after the game on Wednesday night and sat out training yesterday.

Shola - after scoring – his confidence is sky high

But broken foot – broken what?

After we had seen the stories in the Mirror and the usually reliable Times talk of a broken foot seem to have been very premature, as the local lad, who has been little short of sensational this season with 5 goals in 5 games, expects to play on Monday night against Nigel Pearson’s Leicester City.

And Shola talked this morning about his foot problem:

“I don’t think my injury is too bad, so I’m hoping Monday should be all right,” “I just fell on it, landed on it’s funny and felt a little pop in there, so hopefully I haven’t done much damage. But it’s calmed down a bit now, so I’m hoping it’s nothing serious.”

“A few of the boys came off worse for wear against Huddersfield and obviously with our limited amount of players it’s going to be important to keep everyone fit and healthy.”

“I’m scoring goals. I had a good run under Glen Roeder when I was playing week in, week out and for me that’s the essence – playing every week and getting that confidence up,”

“As a striker you’re going to miss chances but it’s getting the next one and I feel that when I get a run of games I become battle-hardened to playing.” “My fitness is obviously a big factor. When I feel fit, I feel confident and it’s certainly been the case this season.”

Of course the injury could still be serious, but probably isn’t broken if there is less pain than on Wednesday.

Shola’s value to the team was evident on Wednesday night, when he came on in the second half, saw the side down 3-1 within two minutes and proceeded to make one and score one.

Isn’t that what Alan used to do? Well maybe it was make two and score two – and yes – in the Premier league, we almost forgot. .

But hey, we’re delighted for Shola, absolutely thrilled for the lad actually.

After all, let’s be honest, he’s taken more then his fair share of criticism on Tyneside, and if he can help lead the club back to the Premier league in the first season out, that would be fantastic – and to us he’s a hero.

Actually you can mark this article down as a good news article – rare in football – and let’s hope we don’t get news today that Shola indeed has a broken foot.

Here’s hoping.

Comments welcome.

ShareThis

This taken from a Geordie web site today? Ameobi could play!?

Maybe.

But I meant more that it's the last couple of days of the transfer window and that they've managed to avoid clubs sniffing around so far... but with some more movement in the Premiership as the window comes to an end, the vultures may swoop for the likes of Coloccini, Ameobi, Nolan, Jonas, etc (and possibly Taylor, although he's said he won't go)

Thanks for clarifying that. I had no idea what you meant.

Well, why be so... pinickity then? Grr

I wasn't being pernickety. I just couldn't understand the relevance of the weekend to what you had written. woof!

Last edited:
I might go and watch this in the pub,if someone pays for my drinks

Can't wait for this game, I can't see us winning but I really hope we put on a show for Sky and play some good football so people take notice and maybe start taking us seriously after the excellent start we have made.

They've had a good start but it will end at some point, like when Milwall beat us at home last year. If we go there and do our best to spoil it we could get a point or maybe more.

Can't wait for this game, I can't see us winning but I really hope we put on a show for Sky and play some good football so people take notice and maybe start taking us seriously after the excellent start we have made.

Why the feck does that matter

I couldn't give a toss what people think of us - why do you think that is so important :102:

Why the feck does that matter

I couldn't give a toss what people think of us - why do you think that is so important :102:

Heard so much piss taking of Leicester in recent times so it would be nice for people to start paying us a bit of respect.

Heard so much piss taking of Leicester in recent times so it would be nice for people to start paying us a bit of respect.

Any piss takng about us being a League One club was fully justified

I haven't heard a single thing since we got promoted - please enlighten us

Even when we got to play in Europe people took the piss, so I'd just forget about it changing

Last edited:
I never hear anyone mention Leicester City be it good or bad,we just aren't that important

Any piss takng about us being a League One club was fully justified

I haven't heard a single thing since we got promoted - please enlighten us

A few people at the start of the season were taking the piss about our signings to me and how wrong have they been there. Even now mates are saying "good start that is it".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669