Gerrbrand leaves City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jedi said:
We had too many players called Patrick, that was the real problem. Oh and he couldn't defend either!

On this one we are agreed. :icon_eek:

alex said:
Hmmmmm........He goes, Tiatto stays.

I know. I hope Gerrbrand went for non footballing reasons. :icon_conf :icon_conf

Whether he stayed or went didn't bother me but why are we flushing £100k's down the toilet?

Durham Fox said:
Whether he stayed or went didn't bother me but why are we flushing £100k's down the toilet?

Because we were never likely to get any fee for him - and it will save us money.

the southampton cup game he was poor and blamed for the goal, then after that he wasnt really seen again. no suprise he has gone really

fitz said:
the southampton cup game he was poor and blamed for the goal, then after that he wasnt really seen again. no suprise he has gone really

So he has one off game and isn't used again...that seems fair.

highland fox said:
So he has one off game and isn't used again...that seems fair.

It doesn't really add up, Nissa was publicly made a scapegoat by a flagging Levein but still plays now.

Durham Fox said:
It doesn't really add up, Nissa was publicly made a scapegoat by a flagging Levein but still plays now.

Johansson is far better IMO.

Just because Levein had a problem, maybe Kelly doesn't.

Durham Fox said:

Perhaps RK now has his favourites,happens with most Managers.:102:

highland fox said:
Perhaps RK now has his favourites,happens with most Managers.:102:

Perhaps RK thought as I do that Gerrbrand was crap and brought in players he thought were better.

Any defender that can't head the ball is a liability and unfortunately Gerrbrand just didn't attack crosses or long balls, which IMO showed in the amount of set pieces conceded and inability to defend against poor teams.

It must be me but I thought that when another club wanted one of your players it was customary to make an offer, not just tear up the contract!:mad:

SilverFox said:
It must be me but I thought that when another club wanted one of your players it was customary to make an offer, not just tear up the contract!:mad:

That only applies if anybody wants to make an offer.

bocadillo said:
That only applies if anybody wants to make an offer.

Well the club he is going to obviously want him, so why have we cancelled the contract and not asked for a fee.

Even a fiver is better than feck all!

SilverFox said:
Well the club he is going to obviously want him, so why have we cancelled the contract and not asked for a fee.

Even a fiver is better than feck all!

Fredrikstad play in front of crowds of about 6 or 7 thousand, some of whom only pay just over a tenner to get in. They play only 13 home games a season. Do the arithmetic and tell me what kind of fee they would be likely to be able to afford.

The fact is that they have enough of a job paying their players and can't afford to spend anything on fees. If you waited for an offer of a fee in such circumstances, you just finish up with players not moving out and the whole of the cost of his contract remaining City's responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669