Goalkeeping Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know EF,I've not seen any of them play,I'm just going by how the defence did when Martin was in goal and it seemed more settled and we conceeded less but that might be down to him playing more games and forming an understanding with the back four etc

I think that was a lot down to tunchev too.

I would agree that martin was fine but despite only seeing stockdale for a handful of games if i was NP and i had the choice of martin or stockdale for next years campaign as number 1, i'd probably go with stockdale.

Its no coincidence imo that we have picked up the last couple of games in performance since the posh match with Stockdale, Hobbs, Brown and Morrison all starting. That looks a decent group of defenders to me with mattock and a couple of squad players maybe coming in

I think that was a lot down to tunchev too.

I would agree that martin was fine but despite only seeing stockdale for a handful of games if i was NP and i had the choice of martin or stockdale for next years campaign as number 1, i'd probably go with stockdale.

Its no coincidence imo that we have picked up the last couple of games in performance since the posh match with Stockdale, Hobbs, Brown and Morrison all starting. That looks a decent group of defenders to me with mattock and a couple of squad players maybe coming in

Opinions seem divided on Brown,would we not need a 'proper' Right Back ?

i'll admit he looked shite at MK but i'd much rather have him in then kisnorbo.

Could Morrison be converted to a right back? He looked ropey as did hobbs when he played there earlier in the season but looked fine the last few days.

I'd like to see us stick with morrison as i believe he will turn into a very good player. Gilbert looked ok but his distribution was suspect at times and he sometimes switched off. He did link up well with dyer though at the start of the season.

i'll admit he looked shite at MK but i'd much rather have him in then kisnorbo.

Could Morrison be converted to a right back? He looked ropey as did hobbs when he played there earlier in the season but looked fine the last few days.

I'd like to see us stick with morrison as i believe he will turn into a very good player. Gilbert looked ok but his distribution was suspect at times and he sometimes switched off. He did link up well with dyer though at the start of the season.

I'll agree with the Brown comments, woeful at MK, alright against Carlise and potential MOTM against Leeds.

I would take Hobbs over him for next season with Tunch and Morrison if possible.

No way, were going to pick the keeper. :icon_bigg

Latest Sky Sports interview with Nigel Pearson

Interviewer: Nigel, the lads on TB are discussing who should be City's goalkeeper next season.

Nigel Pearson: Good for them.

Interviewer: Nigel, the lads on TB are discussing who should be City's goalkeeper next season.

Nigel Pearson: Good for them.

:081:

Nigel Pearson: Good for them. I'd be interested to know what Enderby Fox's opinion is as he seems the most sensible poster out of the lot of them. I really cant stand that french idiot FIF though. :icon_wink

Interviewer: Newton Fox seems to think he has inside knowledge. Are you friends with him?

Nigel Pearson: Newts know's feck all. Never listen to a word he says. One of the gay canteen boys feeds him false info and in return newts dances for him in his underpants. You'd of thought he'd of known by now!

Interviewer: Well Thanks for your time nigel!

Nigel Pearson : No probs anything for you TBallers..... Oh by the way can you ask Bocadillo to check my week 20 prediction score i think i have an extra 3 points.

Nice to know i'm loved Nige. :038:

I read somewhere that NP was going to go for Brown, another of the young Blackburn keeper's backing up Robinson with Bunn.

On a different subject....

Morrison can tackle, he is a big lad and can head the ball and his control and distribution is good too. Has anyone else wondered if he could make the defensive midfielder we have been looking for?

I like Morrison a lot.

I don't know if it has been mentioned but I was very impressed with Stockdale on saturday. I thought his kicking was excellent and apart from one dodgy punch he looked assured. Is there a chance that we could sign him? Would he be good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669