Hatton V. Mayweather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beaten by a better boxer,simple as.Apparently Hatton is to continue boxing but the chances are he will step down to Welterweight when he is a better boxer...apparently

Beaten by a better boxer,simple as.Apparently Hatton is to continue boxing but the chances are he will step down to Welterweight when he is a better boxer...apparently

Meant to say Light Welterweight:icon_roll

Yeah it was worth staying up for, Hatton came straight out for mayweather but he didnt block and he was just swinging around, Mayweather was just too cleaver and too fast for Hatton and he left him self opened too many times,

Hatton had a game plan but the moment he got into that ring in went through the window and he was just doing what he wanted to do, overall Mayweather is just too Good!

Superb fight, no doubt mayweather had a plan but he look genuinly scared and taken aback for the first three rounds when Hatton came out all guns blazing.

Mayweather is the best pound for pound boxer in the world and Hatton did a cracking job to take him 10 rounds. Mainly it was down to his inability to use the block effectively that became his downfall, that and Mayweathers technical abilty.

It was almost like watching Rocky vs Ivan Drago how mayweather let him come out firing only to turn it on in the later stages.

Overall it was a great fight that ended as i expected, still proud as **** of Hatton though, gave it a great crack.

The only sour thing for me was the amount racist, loud mouth, soar losing wankers in my local last night, pure scum of the lowest order, anyone who can't see that Mayweather won because he is utterly talented and disciplined is ****.

Mayweather was by far the better boxer, and he did box and was not suckered into a brawl. And when it mattered his power showed as well, one fantastic left and down Hatton went, he was finished even if he did carry on for another few seconds.

Hatton was smaller, lighter and with an inferior reach so it was always going to be tough for him. But he did well, very well.
Was there a hint from Mayweather of a rematch though? He said he has always wanted to box in England and praised the Hatton fans no end.

Mayweather was by far the better boxer, and he did box and was not suckered into a brawl. And when it mattered his power showed as well, one fantastic left and down Hatton went, he was finished even if he did carry on for another few seconds.

Hatton was smaller, lighter and with an inferior reach so it was always going to be tough for him. But he did well, very well.
Was there a hint from Mayweather of a rematch though? He said he has always wanted to box in England and praised the Hatton fans no end.

I listened to it on radio and it sounded like Hatton was never really in the fight from round 1. Mayweather fought an excellent fight and thoroughly deserved it. Credit to Hatton for taking on Mayweather, but imo he should seriously consider retiring now. He has had a very good career it would be a shame to carry on too long, plus his defeat was no disgrace and he could finish with his head held high.

I listened to it on radio and it sounded like Hatton was never really in the fight from round 1. Mayweather fought an excellent fight and thoroughly deserved it. Credit to Hatton for taking on Mayweather, but imo he should seriously consider retiring now. He has had a very good career it would be a shame to carry on too long, plus his defeat was no disgrace and he could finish with his head held high.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7134932.stm

When he has proper time to consider things, i think he will have to ask himself what desire he has left in him. This was the ultimate challenge for him, he lost and may not be able to rekindle the needed desire in a brutal unforgiving sport. He is still young enough, but for a boxer to have his ego deflated at this stage of his career he could find it hard to come back from.

Hatton never really hurt Mayweather who had too much power and class for the lad. Hatton showed his heart but looks weak at Welterweight.

Jeff Lacy was terrible against Manfredo, it took the shine off Calzaghe's win over Lacy for me.

Sh1t weekend for sporting results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670