Hendrie off to Stoke in the end

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to concentrate on what were doing and not what other clubs are doing. Yes I think he would have been a good addition to our squad but with the utter lack of funds we currently have this properly wasn't an option at anypoint.

TNBD said that we didn't have to sell anyone during the transfer window...so we can't be that badly off. I would also think that shifting a few off the wage bill would have freed up some money. We are after all thinking about paying Asaba!

TNBD said that we didn't have to sell anyone during the transfer window...so we can't be that badly off. I would also think that shifting a few off the wage bill would have freed up some money. We are after all thinking about paying Asaba!

How much does an orange and two pieces of coal cost nowadays?:102:

I wonder if the Jo Bucci pay-off was equal to what a loan player (until January )would have cost :icon_roll

I think there comes a time when the board have to decide whether to make additional funds available for a couple of longer term loan deals to kick start the season or whether they maintain this 'Have what we have' policy in the vain hope that the current squad will suddenly gel.

IMO the club cannot continue with this policy it is failing to deliver on the pitch, which at present is showing nothing more than another long season battling relegation, crowds are behind budget and IMO will continue to decrease as the season goes on.

The current board always budget for first round elimination in cup competitions, so the current run in the league cup plus the lucrative draw against Villa, should provide the opportunity to provide some additional funding to the manager, I know we are above our current budget but if the board do not invest in some new blood then the financial ramifications will be far more severe. In our current state relegation is a real threat and we desperately need action sooner rather than later.

If th club can bring in a couple of decent, exciting loan signings it could be the kickstart this club needs and provide the much needed impetus that reignite the fans interests.

I implore the board to use the Villa money to bring in a couple of quality loan signings and lets get this club moving again. A Striker and a midfielder could make all the difference.

unless its to be used for paying RK off with.............

enter David O'leary...............:icon_cry:

I don't believe Kelly will be paid off as I think the board and Kelly will be keen for him to revert to a backroom role, remember he will have built quite a bit of loyalty up after last season.

As for O'Leary, whilst he has managed at the highest level with Leeds in the Champions League, I am not convinced he is the type of manager we need at present. I would prefer a Manager who has a proven record and experience at this level, my preferred options would be :

Steve Cotterill (Although I doubt we can afford him now)
Brian Little
Joe Royle
Nigel Worthington (If and when he is sacked by Norwich)
George Graham (Might just fancy another crack back at management and would no doubt sort out the under performers)

I don't believe Kelly will be paid off as I think the board and Kelly will be keen for him to revert to a backroom role, remember he will have built quite a bit of loyalty up after last season.

As for O'Leary, whilst he has managed at the highest level with Leeds in the Champions League, I am not convinced he is the type of manager we need at present. I would prefer a Manager who has a proven record and experience at this level, my preferred options would be :

Steve Cotterill (Although I doubt we can afford him now)
Brian Little
Joe Royle
Nigel Worthington (If and when he is sacked by Norwich)
George Graham (Might just fancy another crack back at management and would no doubt sort out the under performers)

Mike Newell!! If the fecking board were any good than they would have persuaded him to the job.

Mike Newell!! If the fecking board were any good than they would have persuaded him to the job.

I would love to see Newell here, but I cannot see how that move could ever be resurrected, either the club or Newell has no doubt burnt it's bridges following the debacle of last season.

Another manager I would consider would be Graham Taylor, who has enjoyed considerable success at this level with Watford, I think he could do a decent job here.

I would love to see Newell here, but I cannot see how that move could ever be resurrected, either the club or Newell has no doubt burnt it's bridges following the debacle of last season.

I think the nice long contract he just signed with Luton would be the biggest sticking point.

Probably true but if anyone had the club had a brain, they would realise what a predictment Newell is in and how he was taking Luton to the limit.

I like Newell, tells it how he sees it and also knows football and its workings. He doesnt celebrate when his team score because he knows a game has twists.

Good call. He said last week he wants to return to management.

Completly disagree - that would be like the Dave Bassett option. Surely Brian Robson would be better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669