Hereford United - Tuesday 19th September 2006 - League Cup - FOX TRAVEL PRICES ADDED

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Your chance to assess whether Rob Purdie should have been kept on at Leicester!
Kick off 7:45 p.m.

Tickets
We have been allocated a total of 1,000 tickets for this match - 500 standing places and 500 seats (now amended to 352 standing places and 422 seats - total 774). The standing tickets are priced at £13 (£9 concessions*); seats are £15 (£12 concessions*). This is Hereford's normal price for League Two games.

*Children under the age of 16 and Senior Citizens aged 65 and over. Proof of identification may be required to qualify for concession prices.

Monday 11th September - Season Ticket Holders Priority 1
Tuesday 12th September - Season Ticket Holders Priority 2
Wednesday 13th September - Season Ticket Holders Priority 3
Thursday 14th September - Members
Friday 15th September - General Sale

I understand that there are over 1,000 people with Priority One and Priority Two cards - this means that if everybody wants to go, there will not be enough to go round. Do not delay in securing your ticket.

Coaches
Fox Travel coaches will leave the Walkers at 3:30 p.m. Adult season ticket holders £15, concession season ticket holders £13 - non-season ticket holders an extra quid in each case.

Trains
Unsurprisingly, there are no trains back to Leicester after the game. Those who want to make an overnight stay will find that the Standard Open Return is £30.80 for an early return the following day, although you can save £6 by buying a Saver ticket and delaying your return.

Cheaper fares may be available by 'splitting' the ticket; if anybody is interested in using the train and staying overnight, please feel free to pm me and I will see if I can find a cheaper fare.

Route
M69
M6
M42
M5
Leave M5 at Junction 7

A44 into Worcester
A4103 to Hereford.

There is a big council car-park just opposite the ground. Town centre car-parks are not far away either.

99 miles - about 2 hours

Last edited:
Re: Hereford - Tuesday 19th September 2006 - League Cup

Any news as to what time the buses will leave the stadium boc? Or what would your educated guess be? Im trying to work out whether i can go after work.

Re: Hereford - Tuesday 19th September 2006 - League Cup

Any news as to what time the buses will leave the stadium boc? Or what would your educated guess be? Im trying to work out whether i can go after work.

Now included in the initial post.

Re: Hereford United - Tuesday 19th September 2006 - League Cup

is this game on sky

is this game on sky

I can't find any announcement about this or any other of the games being televised. With twelve Premiership clubs having joined the competition, I can't see that they are likely to choose a match between Hereford and Leicester. Five of the Prem clubs are playing away and, if there is to be a live game, I would think it might be Wigan's game at Crewe.

Are the early rounds of the Carling Cup televised live? - I don't know because I am usually at the game.

Last edited:

Are the early rounds of the Carling Cup televised live? - I don't know because I am usually at the game.

mais oui, i remember some team from Nottingham losing to some team from Accrington

*snigger*

mais oui, i remember some team from Nottingham losing to some team from Accrington

*snigger*

I wuz on me boat - missed it. I did have my snigger on the Wednesday morning when I came out onto the River Trent right opposite the City Ground though!
:)

There were two live TV games in the last round, on the Monday and the Thursday. So being at the game isn't an excuse!

Can I use being on the boat as an excuse?
Can I use not having Sky as an excuse?
Can I use hating football on the TV as an excuse?
Please.

If its 99 miles, why does the coach leave at 3.30?

LOL LOL

They will stop every 20 miles, with the first stop planned for Leicester Forest East.

I would rather do a Bernie and walk than sit on a coach.

The bus will have to negotiate the M69, M6, M42 & M5 in rush hour. With the exception of the M69, I have been in hold ups on all of these road for inexcess of 2 hours for accidents and 1 hour for volume of traffic on a regular basis

Then the twisty road from the M5 to Hereford is a nightmare to negotiate if stuck behind something.

A sensible time to leave I think. At that time of night and in a bus, I would plan for a 2hr longer journey

Last edited:

The bus will have to negotiate the M69, M6, M42 & M5 in rush hour. With the exception of the M69, I have been in hold ups on all of these road for inexcess of 2 hours for accidents and 1 hour for volume of traffic on a regular basis

Then the twisty road from the M5 to Hereford is a nightmare to negotiate if stuck behind something.

A sensible time to leave I think. At that time of night and in a bus, I would plan for a 2hr longer journey

That rules out me going then!!!

Why not? If I was travelling from Leicester by car, I wouldn't be leaving much later than that. A lot of the route is non-motorway and even the motorway sections can be very busy late afternoon. It's a 2 hour drive, as I stated in the 'Route' section of my initial post - and there's no point in arriving just a coupl of minutes before kick-off and trying to enjoy the game when you've been worrying that you were going to miss it.

Work Boc!!! :icon_wink

AH!! OK then. I don't think I would fancy leaving Leicester (or Loughborough) at 5 and driving there for the game.

Last edited:

One for the older ones:icon_roll . Who scored Leicesters winner at Hereford in the 1982 cup run which saw us lose to spurs in the semi-final?

One for the older ones:icon_roll . Who scored Leicesters winner at Hereford in the 1982 cup run which saw us lose to spurs in the semi-final?

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Ipswich4492
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4569