Hereford United - Tuesday 19th September 2006 - League Cup - FOX TRAVEL PRICES ADDED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quoted from Duncan Adams book
'There is a club bar at the ground, called Legends, which is open before and after the game. This small bar enjoys views across the ground. Scott Lyndon adds, 'We found that the Oxford Arms on the edge of the main car park friendly. It has a beer garden and sky sports'. As the stadium is in the city centre, there are many pubs and chip shops around the stadium within walking distances which serve good food and have a friendly atmosphere. Not too far from the ground (five minutes walk) is the Newmarket Tavern, which has a large screen and was quite comfortable. I have had mixed reports about this pub, so use your discretion. To find it; with the Club Shop behind you, turn right and walk up to the end of the stand and out of the car park. Turn left at the end of the ground, and at the end of this road turn right, towards the town centre. As you get to the ring road, the pub is on your right. If you arrive at the ground early, then by turning left instead and following the ring road to its end, you will come to the Victory Tavern. A selection of real ales and a bar which resembles half an old sailing ship, complete with cannons!'

Re: Hereford United - Tuesday 19th September 2006 - League Cup - FOX TRAVEL PRICES AD

Apart from Bocadillo and myself, who else will be at the match?

I might be there, probably won't decide whether to go until tomorrow afternoon.
If I do go it will probably involve an overnight stay, and I could end up in with the Hereford fans if I can't get in the away end.

Re: Hereford United - Tuesday 19th September 2006 - League Cup - FOX TRAVEL PRICES AD

Any recommendations for a friendly pub near the ground?

Does this mean that Webbo is about to break his away-game duck for the season?

Last time we were there, we went to a pub in the town centre; not too far from the ground. Was it an early kick-off because I seem to remember us queuing up outside waiting for it to open. Or perhaps we just arrived early.

FWIW Garth Crooks travelled on the same train as London Branch for that match - he was commentating for Sky. He went 1st class as far as Newport but, unfortunatlely for him, he wasn't quick enough to get a seat on the standard class only two carriage jobbie that took us from Newport to Hereford; he had to stand in the vestibule and much piss-taking ensued.

I might be there, probably won't decide whether to go until tomorrow afternoon.
If I do go it will probably involve an overnight stay, and I could end up in with the Hereford fans if I can't get in the away end.

After my disasterous journey home from Sunderland, I am beginning to wish that I had stuck with the overnight stay option that was my first thought for this game. I'm now stuck ith driving one of thise 9-seater things and dropping people in London on the way home. God knows what time I will be back!

After my disasterous journey home from Sunderland, I am beginning to wish that I had stuck with the overnight stay option that was my first thought for this game. I'm now stuck ith driving one of thise 9-seater things and dropping people in London on the way home. God knows what time I will be back!
great work boc. you're a miserable old fecker, but a proper city stalwart, i salute you.:icon_wink

Does this mean that Webbo is about to break his away-game duck for the season?

Depends how my dodgy foot feels tomorrow. I've hardly got off my arse for the last couple of months so I don't want to go anywhere that involves much walking, anything further than a mile and I'll be knackered!

Wish I was going now, unfortunately I have to work. I have seen every minute of every match so far this season and am quite disappointed to be missing this one.

Depends how my dodgy foot feels tomorrow. I've hardly got off my arse for the last couple of months so I don't want to go anywhere that involves much walking, anything further than a mile and I'll be knackered!

From the Hereford website:
The club has a large council car park adjacent to the ground with fairly cheap parking rates. This is adequate parking for all but the biggest matches.
There is also a multi-story car park towards the town centre within two minutes walking distance.

Looks like you will be OK.
:icon_wink

From the Hereford website:
The club has a large council car park adjacent to the ground with fairly cheap parking rates. This is adequate parking for all but the biggest matches.
There is also a multi-story car park towards the town centre within two minutes walking distance.

Looks like you will be OK.
:icon_wink

Thanks...but if I go I'll be on the train, definitely not driving that far.

Last edited:

Thanks...but if I go I'll be on the train, definitely not driving that far.

Jeff if you willing to pay for me, I will be your carer for the evening. You can have a piggy back from the station to the ground.

How many City fans will be there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572