Historical Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

spenno

Hi all

Is there anywhere on the Internet with historical results for LCFC? I'm trying to work out the EXACT date of my first LCFC game.

I know it was against Sheffield Wednesday in the late 80's / early 90's but I can't remember exactly when! I'm sure we either lost 3-2, or won 3-2 (although we may have won 4-3, or lost 4-3!).

Cheers

ive been trying to do something similar but the thing i remember is that im pretty sure we played someone in a pink coloured away kit in the early 90`s and im sure the score was 4-2

spenno said:
Hi all

Is there anywhere on the Internet with historical results for LCFC? I'm trying to work out the EXACT date of my first LCFC game.

I know it was against Sheffield Wednesday in the late 80's / early 90's but I can't remember exactly when! I'm sure we either lost 3-2, or won 3-2 (although we may have won 4-3, or lost 4-3!).

Cheers

You could try this.

spenno said:
Hi all

Cheers

There's a link to Soccerbase on the LCFC page of the forum, but I don't know why I put it there, no one seems to notice it.

For all Leicester v Sheff Weds results have a look at http://www.soccerbase.com/head2.sd?team1id=1527&team2id=2330

Anyone at that game when we beat Sheff W 6-1. Steve Moran hat trick.
Wednesday had a very good side at the time and we were rather patched up with reserve/ youth team players. Quite an incredible result. Probaly around the mid 80's

so can anyone help with my Pink away kit team? Im sure that was my first game.

Ricey said:
The only yeam I know who have had a pink away kit is Juventus :icon_conf
now dont quote me on this but im pretty sure it wasnt them! When if ever did we last play in the anglo-italian cup?

Brighton used to have an away kit that was very small white and red squares, so from a distance it looked pink. It was when they were sponsored by Nobo.

admin said:
Brighton used to have an away kit that was very small white and red squares, so from a distance it looked pink. It was when they were sponsored by Nobo.

little did they know a few years later they would have MA the Nobo in charge.

Brauny Blue said:
We couldn't beat the mighty Peterborough to qualify if i remember.:icon_sad:

DOH!!

I remember us playing West Brom in the Anglo Italian, with a 6PM kick off because the floodlights on the new main stand weren't working yet. It was the same night as England played a world cup qualifier, so I was at Wembley instead. Still felt guilty about missing a Leicester match though.

so did we ever get to play an italian team?

Can't recall that much about the Anglo Italian cup apart from the Italians won it most times. Not sure who played who but you would have a final like Fiorentina against Notts County, which at the time was like city taking on Barcelona. Another thing was the Brummies had a major riot against one of the Italian outfits which became known as the " the battle of ........"

dont know whether this was rubbish but did I hear right that Juventus took their colours from Notts County after playing them in the anglo-italian cup?

When the Anglo Italian was played in the nineties it was Serie B teams involved, so none of the big Italian clubs played.

Anglo Italian cup finals in the four years it ran in the nineties:

1992-93 Cremonese 3 - 1 Sheepshaggers
1993-94 Brescia 1 - 0 Notts County
1994-95 Notts County 2 - 1 Ascoli
1995-96 Genoa 5 - 2 Port Vale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590