Ho Hum Records

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it all going Alex? Are you enjoying your venture?

How is it all going Alex? Are you enjoying your venture?

I am absolutely loving the work thanks Lako, love it. Last year was more in the setting up, this year we have product coming through which is great...We don't kid ourselves, it ain't going to be easy and so far we haven't earned a penny - but we will, it will work....

The new Blue Rose Code release is well worth checking for those with more folky tastes....

When it works, I will buy a HH box at the Walkers and every week we will all take it over and love one another.

I am absolutely loving the work thanks Lako, love it. Last year was more in the setting up, this year we have product coming through which is great...We don't kid ourselves, it ain't going to be easy and so far we haven't earned a penny - but we will, it will work....

The new Blue Rose Code release is well worth checking for those with more folky tastes....

When it works, I will buy a HH box at the Walkers and every week we will all take it over and love one another.

Alex do you take Metal bands on or are solely into one genre of music?

Just the one genre,he is currently in negotations with the Pet Shop Boys,Jimmy Somerville,Holly Johnson,The Village People and Erasure.It is still unclear whch market he is aiming at though.....

I'm pretty sure that alex would also love to have Boy George in his 'Ho Hum', as soon as he gets out of prison

Last edited:
Coming in here (so to speak HF, so to speak) is actually sometimes better than going to the pub.

We don't at present I'm afraid ace, as we have no experience. Never say never though, currently it's more folk/alt-folk/singer-songwriter and also electronica. Come and see for yourself...There are many good metal labels though, and also we live in an age where self-release on iTunes could not be easier. PM me if you want any advice on this....

We don't at present I'm afraid ace, as we have no experience. Never say never though, currently it's more folk/alt-folk/singer-songwriter and also electronica. Come and see for yourself...There are many good metal labels though, and also we live in an age where self-release on iTunes could not be easier. PM me if you want any advice on this....

I'll take a look when i get home mate. I was just mainly enquiring as i know of a band from my area, who are getting quite well known and dont have a deal yet. There playing Glaston budget and also have a audition for the download festival i think it is. maybe the wrong festival though. cant quite remember which 1.

Mark Pritchard release live on the HH site as of today my dears.

Macky, whack your pants on please.

.....For those who like their electronica, the Ho Hum Podcast 003 is available now either at Ho Hum or iTunes featuring me interviewing Mark Pritchard on Resonance FM....Mark's alias' include Global Communications, Reload, Jedi Knights, Troubleman, Harmonic 313...Worth checking out this one..

.....For those who like their electronica, the Ho Hum Podcast 003 is available now either at Ho Hum or iTunes featuring me interviewing Mark Pritchard on Resonance FM....Mark's alias' include Global Communications, Reload, Jedi Knights, Troubleman, Harmonic 313...Worth checking out this one..

Was a really interesting show Alex, not my style of music though, I have to say. Comes across as uber-pretentious to my ears, a bit too avant garde for me. But that's no bad thing, I'm just a bit simple.

Is it a regular show on Resonance?

Was a really interesting show Alex, not my style of music though, I have to say. Comes across as uber-pretentious to my ears, a bit too avant garde for me. But that's no bad thing, I'm just a bit simple.

Is it a regular show on Resonance?

Hey - thanks for the comment, I am sure you're not simple; but perhaps the other HH podcasts maybe more up your alley (steady HF, steady...)

I am on Resonance a bit - quite good for the label...

The song at the beginning of the My Mate Dave podcast is very good, who are they Alex and can I torrent them? ;)

The track listing for the My Mate Dave podcast (001P) is as follows:

1 Masters of War by Odetta
2 The Blacksmith by Steeleye Span
3 Silver Raven (Alternate Version) by Gene Clark
4 Hey Pretty Girl by Bert Jansch
5 Postcards from Hell by The Wood Brothers
6 Re: Stacks by Bon Iver
7 Traffic-Light Lady by John and Beverley Martyn
8 Small Animals by Custom Blue (exclusive mix)
9 Boll Weevil, Holler by Shirley Collins & Davy Graham
10 Everything Is Free by Gillian Welch
11 I Saw An Angel (B-Side Single) by Pentangle
12 Little Green by Joni Mitchell
13 Tunnels by Johnny Flynn
14 Bandits by Midlake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696