Holloway Staying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Fan

Just seen steve Mclaren at the Walkers on SSN

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
doesn't say he is staying though. it says that MM doesn't want to rush into a decision.

THe statement that I am talking about doesn't say anything like that.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
he'd argue that the fans can't be upset because watching their team going down into division three can't possibly compare with having deaf kids.....so we should all be grateful

If and when he does say that, you might have something to moan about.

TornadoShaunUK

So he's staying then?

If so I don't really know what to make of it, I guess Milan wants some stability around the club which has been lacking for a while. Personally I think it could be a good move, though I do think Holloway is a shit manager. I personally would give him 10 games or so into next season and see how things roll..

FIF

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
sweeping changes in the squad.

Why?

We've signed a whole team (or more) every season since our last promotion. Look where that's got us.

If we're going to have stability off the pitch, we also need stability on it.

The squad we have should be good enough to get us promoted from this league. We shouldn't be looking to get rid of any of the first choice players, we just need to get them regularly playing to the best of their ability.

IH said last summer we signed too many players. Then he went and did the same thing in January. Now they're talking about doing it again in the summer. :bang:

TornadoShaunUK

I think the transfer front is a bit different this time around though, I'd agree that we don't really need to have a squad overhaul, but having said that, we could find ourselves losing players this year when clubs come cherry picking for our better players or sniffing around us for bargain-buys.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I think the transfer front is a bit different this time around though, I'd agree that we don't really need to have a squad overhaul, but having said that, we could find ourselves losing players this year when clubs come cherry picking for our better players or sniffing around us for bargain-buys.

We should refuse offers for players we want to keep.
If the players want to leave because they think they're too good for this division, they should prove it on the pitch.

I know it's difficult to refuse a move if a player really wants to go, but we shouldn't just accept it's going to happen.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
One of the last things this club needs is a squad overhaul. These players are reasonable players, all that's wrong is the way they are being managed is ultimately resulting their bad attitude.

I think only one change needs making to solve the problems, unfortunately that change hasn't yet happened, but I am still optimistic it will.

Bobby Smith

Why?

We've signed a whole team (or more) every season since our last promotion. Look where that's got us.

If we're going to have stability off the pitch, we also need stability on it.

The squad we have should be good enough to get us promoted from this league. We shouldn't be looking to get rid of any of the first choice players, we just need to get them regularly playing to the best of their ability.

IH said last summer we signed too many players. Then he went and did the same thing in January. Now they're talking about doing it again in the summer. :bang:

I don't agree that the squad we have is good enough to get us promoted, the top ten in this league might have something to say about that.

I believe the change should have been made now for the sake of stability. Pressure from some fans and MM on IH will be unbearable come the start of the season, because of what has happened in the past. If we are not in the top 6 after 10 games then there will be real anger from some, Holloway will go and we start the whole cycle again with no pre-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669