Holloway Staying

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I ask who you think that is? Realistically?

as much as I'd like to answer that question I have no idea how much Mr Mandaric would offer managers to come to do a job here, so many may be unrealistic. all i know is that my main criteria (no matter the record previously) for a new manager would be someone who puts round pegs in round holes, square pegs in square holes etc. something I praised IH for after the win against Cov - to quote myself "great professional performance, he put everyone in the right position which is a first for a long time', what the feck happened after that i'll never know

Melts, you are one person I continually come on here to read and banter with...Let me make that point perfectly clear, however....

I am not an 'Ollie Protector', but am also trying to not have a knee-jerk reaction to what has happened this season, which ultimately I hold MM 100% responsible.
The fact of not having a replacement could have massive connotations with the following season, and yet a lot of posters here keep regurgitating names of managers who will not come here, full stop. Therefore, what is our best policy do you think?

Here's a list of managers various posters have noted, and my opinions on them coming here, for what it's worth:

Dowie - No, he wants QPR and Championship at the lowest level.
Newell - A loose cannon who has yet to find employment follwowing his disastrous end of tenure at Luton (although I rate him as a manager I do not think MM will want to work with him).
Davies - No way will he come and work for MM.
Allardyce - Get a life, you're dreaming
Taggs - Not ready
Grayson - Wouldn't want to touch the poisoned challice that is LCFC IMO. Why would he drop a division either? Too much risk.
Ince - No way, we missed out on him.
Blackwell - Doing a fabulous job a Sheffield UTD thanks very much.

So who then? Who is going to be given the chance to, again, re-start our club?

I vote for stability myself, and that's mainly as I don't think we have any choice.

Hurrah!

as much as I'd like to answer that question I have no idea how much Mr Mandaric would offer managers to come to do a job here, so many may be unrealistic. all i know is that my main criteria (no matter the record previously) for a new manager would be someone who puts round pegs in round holes, square pegs in square holes etc. something I praised IH for after the win against Cov - to quote myself "great professional performance, he put everyone in the right position which is a first for a long time', what the feck happened after that i'll never know

Perhaps he had issues with certain performance levels from players after that game? I remember Norwich away was a similar line-up with a very different performance.

why is he out his depth? he has proven he can keep a side in this division and make them good enough to challange for the playoffs when he was at plymouth, he brought qpr up from div1 with automatic promotion, he has proven he can work wonders on a shoe string budget and get the best out of players, so why the hell is he out his depth at leicester? because we are too arrogant to admit we are no longer a big club? (fact is we never have been a "big club") what he has done at leicester hasnt worked thats obvious and the players have not responded to him they way they should and that has to go down in some part to the way he managed them, but its got nothing to do with the size of the club or the fact he is "out of his depth"

He's out of his depth in relation to motivating professional who have achieved something, tactically naive and can't stand pressure. He plays the underdog role really well but now there is an expectation upon him. The expectation isn't being answered - in fact it's being added to. There is no big club vibe but there is an expected level.
What makes it all worse was Holloway's appeals for calm and that once he had his own players in everything would change. Then his pledge to finish 17th. Added expectation...never came.

I fail to see how anyone who watched Stoke game could claim he wasn't out of his depth. He just didn't have a clue.

Personally I want the **** to work his bollox off in getting us out of this mess. He knows he's in the wrong and there is only one he can sorted it out. And that's just not promotion.....

I think ithe stuff about us being stuck to find a manager if goes tits up after 10 games is barmy. There are plenty of decent managers available down there in the lower leagues and we could try the untested route. People can say we need someone with a proven track record - but every single manager we have had at City over the past 20 years hasn't had the best of records. So we are hardly going to pull rabbits out of the hat now.

Last edited:
Perhaps he had issues with certain performance levels from players after that game? I remember Norwich away was a similar line-up with a very different performance.

against a much better side, if he though the Norwich performance was much more than us being out classed I'd be shocked at his thinking

why is he out his depth? he has proven he can keep a side in this division and make them good enough to challange for the playoffs when he was at plymouth, he brought qpr up from div1 with automatic promotion, he has proven he can work wonders on a shoe string budget and get the best out of players, so why the hell is he out his depth at leicester? because we are too arrogant to admit we are no longer a big club? (fact is we never have been a "big club") what he has done at leicester hasnt worked thats obvious and the players have not responded to him they way they should and that has to go down in some part to the way he managed them, but its got nothing to do with the size of the club or the fact he is "out of his depth"

Apart from the fact that he continually plays players out of position, makes tactically terrible decisions and can't seem to motivate them at all? They at least would seem to be pretty basic requirements for any kind of manager.

He's out of his depth in relation to motivating professional who have achieved something, tactically naive and can't stand pressure. He plays the underdog role really well but now there is an expectation upon him. The expectation isn't being answered - in fact it's being added to. There is no big club vibe but there is an expected level.
What makes it all worse was Holloway's appeals for calm and that once he had his own players in everything would change. Then his pledge to finish 17th. Added expectation...never came.

I fail to see how anyone who watched Stoke game could claim he wasn't out of his depth. He just didn't have a clue.

Hang on a minute, we stopped their game and hit the post! The only change I would have made in hindsight would have been playing Hume up front with Hayles on the bench. I thought we were much the better side against a team promoted, in front of their party. Playing Worley where he did made a massive difference to stopping a very good attacking side from both aerial advantage and midfield control.

Be realistic here, that was a massive ask to win at their place, and we nearly did. I don't think his tactics were that bad actually.

Don't want Holloway here,don't like the bloke at all but he's here and theres nothing I can do about it.I'll still support my Club but with him in charge something is missing,I wish I didn't feel this way but I do.

Last edited:
why is he out his depth? he has proven he can keep a side in this division and make them good enough to challange for the playoffs when he was at plymouth, he brought qpr up from div1 with automatic promotion
It might also be wise at this point to highlight the fact that he has also got two teams relegated into the third division. I feel that info might help the reader to form a more realistic opinion.

He just didn't have a clue.

maybe thats what his piece of paper he spent the whole second half reading was.....

"Dear Ollie,

Here's a raging clue, fill in the blank;

Square pegs, ***** holes.

kind regards,

The Hardly Boys"

I also remember seeing Ian Holloway's Leicester City side play the best football I have seen us play for years, one being against Bristol City at home...

I also remember seeing Ian Holloway's Leicester City side play the best football I have seen us play for years, one being against Bristol City at home...
I also remember seeing Ian Holloway's Leicester City side play the worst football I have seen us play for years, some being against Sheffield Wednesday at home, Sheffield United away, Watford away.

Last edited:
Hang on a minute, we stopped their game and hit the post! The only change I would have made in hindsight would have been playing Hume up front with Hayles on the bench. I thought we were much the better side against a team promoted, in front of their party. Playing Worley where he did made a massive difference to stopping a very good attacking side from both aerial advantage and midfield control.

Be realistic here, that was a massive ask to win at their place, and we nearly did. I don't think his tactics were that bad actually.

The way I look at it Alex. If we won, full stop, won. Went for the win from the off...scored 2 goals. We wouldn't have to worry about other scores. Stoke were always going to tentative aswell - a point was enough for them. We just went for a point and hoped.

It was Stoke City - not one of the Big 4.

Sheff Wed won 4-2 at the Britannia
Cov won 3-1 at the Britannia
Sheff Utd won 1-0 at the Britannia

Scunny and Southampton lost 3-2 there

The way I look at it Alex. If we won, full stop, won. Went for the win from the off...scored 2 goals. We wouldn't have to worry about other scores. Stoke were always going to tentative aswell - a point was enough for them. We just went for a point and hoped.

It was Stoke City - not one of the Big 4.

Sheff Wed won 4-2 at the Britannia
Cov won 3-1 at the Britannia
Sheff Utd won 1-0 at the Britannia

Scunny and Southampton lost 3-2 there

I think that would have been a very brave way of playing that card hand - you go 2-0 down and we're fecked from the off.

maybe thats what his piece of paper he spent the whole second half reading was.....

"Dear Ollie,

Here's a raging clue, fill in the blank;

Square pegs, ***** holes.

kind regards,

The Hardly Boys"

I am look for a screen fit of that. On another forum, a challenge was to post a picture which sums up your season - I think that 10 second clip said it all really.

He's still here Alex and he's got his chance and we have the much craved stability.I don't think you are going to convince us that he is the man for the job but I for one will try to have an open mind when the new season starts and I will be the first to admit I was wrong if he gets us promoted immediately,anything less than that is not exceptable and you have to agree if he fails then he has to go

Am finding it very hard not to be completely disheartened by todays news. I thought the only way we could salvage something positive for next season was by removing IH quickly and giving a new manager time to work on developing a hungry and capable squad. The worst thing that could happen is to give IH yet more time to fail and then desperately have to find a replacement mid-season who has got to work with some-one else's players.

I might even have to stop listening to RL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669