Holloway Staying

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that would have been a very brave way of playing that card hand - you go 2-0 down and we're fecked from the off.

even braver is playing for a draw and hoping that sheff united drag us out of the shit......at the end of the day we should have beaten Colchester and Sheff Wed at home and we'd be high and dry. but cautious is the way to stability it seems

I also remember seeing Ian Holloway's Leicester City side play the worst football I have seen us play for years, some being against Sheffield Wednesday at home, Sheffield United away, Watford away.

Sheffield UTD away was a referee day, Weds at home we should've scored the penalty and I believe if we had done would have gone on to win that game, Watford away was fairly dreadful I admit, but that should level out over a season with the better performances. Colchester at home was pitiful.

even braver is playing for a draw and hoping that sheff united drag us out of the shit......at the end of the day we should have beaten Colchester and Sheff Wed at home and we'd be high and dry. but cautious is the way to stability it seems

I think we played to keep it tight for 45 minutes, which is what we did, and then go for it more later on, which we did and it nearly worked.

I think that would have been a very brave way of playing that card hand - you go 2-0 down and we're fecked from the off.

But Stoke didn't exactly come out guns blazing...and I wouldn't take Chris Kamara to say that either. It didn't have to be gung ho - but at least have 2 strikers up front. Hayles upfront was just like giving the ball way. He played Bell out of position to accomdate Hume and whilst I applaud the choice of Worley in midfield. Any attacking threat we had regardless of formation and mind-set was nulified by his selection.

We win = 100% chance we stay up. We draw = 50% chance.

Last edited:
Ox, if you can't nominate a suitable replacement and get him in for an interview yourself, then I'm afraid you're in no position to say negative things about our Ollie.

Rule No;1 of Ollie protection - The criticiser must have a list of 9 suitable candidates lined up for an interview before they dare even dis our shoe waver.

But Alex is spot on.

It is the easiest thing to say "sack im" - the thing is it is only worth doing that if you can appoint someone who can do a better job.

Realistically some previous candidates wouldn't want to manage in League 1.

Some may not fancy working with MM

You then get a list of out of work managers, who are out of work for a reason
- did Dowie achieve anything at Cov
- looking at how Sheff Utd improved as soon as he left, what does that say about Robson
- Davies seems to fall out with those running the club very quickly & often, so that's a disaster waiting to happen
- Newell - with his comments on agents, would MM really want him

So perhaps those whinging about him staying, should post their alternative manager (not just moan)

Whats the point in going on about replacements,we have a Manager his job is safe.

But Stoke didn't exactly come out guns blazing...and I wouldn't take Chris Kamara to say that either. It didn't have to be gung ho - but at least have 2 strikers up front. Hayles upfront was just like giving the ball way. He played Bell out of position to accomdate Hume and whilst I applaud the choice of Worley in midfield. Any attacking threat we had regardless of formation and mind-set was nulified by his selection.

We win = 100% chance we stay up. We draw = 50% chance.

Stoke were frustrated by the way we set about it, I think we played better than given credit for as they did have a lot of possession in the first half, as I think we could all assume they might.

Personally I would have played Hume and Howard up front. I agree with you there, and Bell's position made for his worst performance for us to date which was also a sacrifice, but these are tenable tactics IMO, it nearly worked.

Hang on a minute, we stopped their game and hit the post!

I wouldn't say restricting Stoke to 12 corners was stopping their game, I seem to remember some pretty desperate defending in that first half. It's over now anyway, we played for a draw and got what we deserved.

Stoke were frustrated by the way we set about it, I think we played better than given credit for as they did have a lot of possession in the first half, as I think we could all assume they might.

Personally I would have played Hume and Howard up front. I agree with you there, and Bell's position made for his worst performance for us to date which was also a sacrifice, but these are tenable tactics IMO, it nearly worked.

What do you say about his lack of subs? Esp. when Hayles was shite all game.

I also say he didn't spot the problem against Sheff Wed which led to our demise.

I wouldn't say restricting Stoke to 12 corners was stopping their game, I seem to remember some pretty desperate defending in that first half. It's over now anyway, we played for a draw and got what we deserved.

You're absolutely right, we were under siege and didn't concede.

He would have gone today it's time to accept it,like I said something isn't there whilst Holloway is in charge but I'll still support my Club

What do you say about his lack of subs? Esp. when Hayles was shite all game.

I also say he didn't spot the problem against Sheff Wed which led to our demise.

I thought Hayles' running in the channels might have caused Stoke more problems, especially when their full-back went off. For me, that was the moment to play wingers in their right positions and try to force Stoke back from the flanks.

BUT, we went to try and 'nick it' and nearly did, second half we were well on top.

You're absolutely right, we were under siege and didn't concede.

probably wont believe me but I am not targetting everything you say Alex, but......

being under siege does become more likely if you have no outlet up front to give the ball to, does help also if you have no midfield to back that outlet up

He would have gone today it's time to accept it,like I said something isn't there whilst Holloway is in charge but I'll still support my Club
Today was Holloway's chance to put his resuce operation to MM. MM will now be digesting it, and deciding if he's all talk, or if he's capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669