Holloway to learn fate on Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
They don't advance any football related reasons as to why Holloway is a decent football manager. Do they think he has a decent track record? Is he astute tactically? Does he make good use of transfer funds? Can he motivate the players?

'Stability' is just used as a cover for lack of rationality. You are absolutely right, we all know that the players are a complete let down and that the owner doesn't get too many decisions right in terms of managerial appointments...but we have Mandaric in situ who is at least prepared to commit money but we don't have to put up with a crap manager who has convinced himself and what Melton calls his 'sect' that he is a nice, funny guy. The players situation needs sorting but with any luck a lot of the present squad will be soon gone anyway and it needs a new regime to establish different attitudes.

All that was as true when MM decided to employ Holloway. From whence comes your confidence that Milan will select a better manager now that we are in the third division, presumably reducing his choices?

All that was as true when MM decided to employ Holloway. From whence comes your confidence that Milan will select a better manager now that we are in the third division, presumably reducing his choices?

!!TAUTOLOGY ALERT!! !!TAUTOLOGY ALERT!!

we dont, but we're already aware that 'Ollie is fecking useless.

None of that matters,like I said far too many people want a Manager they like as a person.Mike Newell has so far proved to be a decent enough football Manager,I couldn't careless if he runs over badgers for fun in his car as long as he gives us a team to be proud of

Mike Newell is a cnut. He eats puppies!

Tbh he couldn't really choose a much worse one.I would hope that if he were to get rid of IH he would seek advice before choosing another Manager.I don't think the fact that MM has chosen duffers in the past is a good enough reason to stick with the duffer we have ow

Last edited:
To learn his fate? His fate is to be Ian Holloway for the rest of his life.I can't think of anything worse.Poor sod.

I wouldnt mind taking Newell or Grayson as manager but i just the the worst feeling that IH is going to stay on as Leicester manager, does anyone have that same thought?

Has anyone given thought to the fact Holloway might actually be a half decent option in League 1?

Some people seem to be missing the point somewhat.

Whilst none of us can foresee what we might get with a new man in charge, what we fans CAN see with IH is how inadequate he has been in the managerial sense. His tactics, formations, decision-making and subs have left a lot to be desired.

The question which must be asked ISN'T about a new manager(though if IH gets the boot then of course that becomes the question!) but whether IH deserves to remain in his job given what he has done with the squad in every aspect since taking over.

And imo(as poor as it is) he has done nothing to earn him a second chance.

Some people seem to be missing the point somewhat.

Whilst none of us can foresee what we might get with a new man in charge, what we fans CAN see with IH is how inadequate he has been in the managerial sense. His tactics, formations, decision-making and subs have left a lot to be desired.

The question which must be asked ISN'T about a new manager(though if IH gets the boot then of course that becomes the question!) but whether IH deserves to remain in his job given what he has done with the squad in every aspect since taking over.

And imo(as poor as it is) he has done nothing to earn him a second chance.

Agreed his tactics were dire at stoke and it seemed he threw in the towel with 15 mins to go.

Dont think he's a very good manager under pressure if he is a good manager at all.

It matters if he sues us every time someone posts something nasty about him.
Your trouble is you want us to play pretty attractive football and you want to like the Manager as a person.It seems the results are of secondary importance.If people were posting things about his wife and children then I fail to see why he should put up with it

Last edited:
Your trouble is you want us to play pretty attractive football and you want to like the Manager as a person.It seems the results are of secondary importance.If people were posting things about his wife and children then I fail to see why he should put up with it

Please stop reading things into my posts that aren't there.

I didn't make any comment about whether I want Newell as manager or not.

Results are more important, but I'd rather win by playing good football than win by playing negative boring football.
So if we have a choice of managers with similar ability, I'd go for the one playing the more attractive football.
How many times do I have to repeat this?

Please stop reading things into my posts that aren't there.

I didn't make any comment about whether I want Newell as manager or not.

Results are more important, but I'd rather win by playing good football than win by playing negative boring football.
So if we have a choice of managers with similar ability, I'd go for the one playing the more attractive football.
How many times do I have to repeat this?
What?

Keep your hair on
I wasn't aware that I had mentioned it before.If I am mistaken then I'm sorry

Last edited:
What d'you reckon about the chances of prising Steve Coppell away from Reading now they've been relegated? Admittedly I don't know much about his managerial abilities but I like his approach (quiet and articulate) and he seems to be a chap with integrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669