Holloway to learn fate on Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What d'you reckon about the chances of prising Steve Coppell away from Reading now they've been relegated? Admittedly I don't know much about his managerial abilities but I like his approach (quiet and articulate) and he seems to be a chap with integrity.

Not a chance!

How long a contract did laughing boy sign?

I expect him to be still in place by tomorrow evening. If he was going to go he would have gone by now.

I expect him to be still in place by tomorrow evening. If he was going to go he would have gone by now.
I was talking to your wife at the last home game, she more or less said exactly the same thing.

What d'you reckon about the chances of prising Steve Coppell away from Reading now they've been relegated? Admittedly I don't know much about his managerial abilities but I like his approach (quiet and articulate) and he seems to be a chap with integrity.

...well if he is looking for a new job why not, but I think he's cemented in there at Reading so wont be going any where...nope Billy Davis is about the only one out of work who has proved himself recently, he took a bunch of underachieving players and turned them into a promotion side last year, he'll do me If Ollie goes...

...well if he is looking for a new job why not, but I think he's cemented in there at Reading so wont be going any where...nope Billy Davis is about the only one out of work who has proved himself recently, he took a bunch of underachieving players and turned them into a promotion side last year, he'll do me If Ollie goes...

But also had a lot of players on loan that IMO was part of their problem this season.

Why would Steve Coppell want to come to Leicester?

You're probably right but then, why would he want to stay at Reading? Arguably they have been over-achieving for the past 3 seasons and have got as high as they're going to get. There are plenty of potential positives at City (fan base, set up, young talent and hopefully money) for it to be an enticing prospect...

Your trouble is you want us to play pretty attractive football and you want to like the Manager as a person.It seems the results are of secondary importance.If people were posting things about his wife and children then I fail to see why he should put up with it

Why are the two things mutually exclusive? There seems to be a number of people on this board who almost pride themselves on wanting poor football. Our two most successful managersin living memory:Jimmy Bloomfield and Martin O'Neill, both played entertaining football: why don't you think our club is capable of producing a manager and team to do so now?

Is he still here then? Get a move on Milan...

You're probably right but then, why would he want to stay at Reading? Arguably they have been over-achieving for the past 3 seasons and have got as high as they're going to get. There are plenty of potential positives at City (fan base, set up, young talent and hopefully money) for it to be an enticing prospect...

Dream on sunshine, if you really think Coppells best option would be to come here, I think you are somewhat dillusional.

Just a quick one on Ollie as well, I bet you he strolls into a job very quickly if he is sacked at Leicester and does a good job at his next club. Managers who are known to be any good or have any kind of reputation, tend to get a job pretty quickly in football (speaks volumes for Martin Allen).

If this is the case and we end up with Dowie, I am sure there will be posts on here in future months saying "why did we let him go" if Leicester struggle in League 1. Just a thought.

Dream on sunshine, if you really think Coppells best option would be to come here, I think you are somewhat dillusional.

Just a quick one on Ollie as well, I bet you he strolls into a job very quickly if he is sacked at Leicester and does a good job at his next club. Managers who are known to be any good or have any kind of reputation, tend to get a job pretty quickly in football (speaks volumes for Martin Allen).

If this is the case and we end up with Dowie, I am sure there will be posts on here in future months saying "why did we let him go" if Leicester struggle in League 1. Just a thought.

Agree with you on Coppell. As for your last point, pure conjecture, if he stays and we struggle in League 1, will we be saying "why didn't we let him go". :icon_wink

I'm quite confident that I will never be on here posting that, or anything even remotely similar

I am unsure on the best option for the management of the club, however, I am crystal clear on the worst option - No change.

Holloway has failed to achieve anything in his time here. The team has gone backwards and suffered the humiliation of dropping in to the 3rd division of English football. Worst of all, the team looked disjointed, uncommitted, lacking spirit and lacking confidence. Big time leadership failure.

As he gone yet?

I am unsure on the best option for the management of the club, however, I am crystal clear on the worst option - No change.

Holloway has failed to achieve anything in his time here. The team has gone backwards and suffered the humiliation of dropping in to the 3rd division of English football. Worst of all, the team looked disjointed, uncommitted, lacking spirit and lacking confidence. Big time leadership failure.

As he gone yet?

:038: Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673