Holloway to learn fate on Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd guess that Milan is either trying to persuade IH to leave with a reduced pay-off because he doesn't want to pay the guy 3 years wages or he is waiting for responses from suitable candidates.

If the pay-off has to be made and no outstanding candidates say yes we may be starting the season with IH as manager.

It's a guess though.

thats how i see things as well it all depends on mm's targets

I sincerely hope the right decision is made today, which is to sack Holloway. The man must be replaced due to his abject failure in avoiding relegation. We're not talking about failing to reach the play-off's here, we're talking about getting a well-resourced club relegated. It would be folly to risk letting the man have another 10 games and then dismiss him - which on his track record is the likely scenario. LCFC needs a manager who will shape his squad, devise a strategy over the summer, and have the benefit of a pre-season with that squad.

I think the club/players not only need a manager with a good record but one with the type of character that is authoritative and is distant from the players rather than gets too close to them. O'Neill had that manner about him. Some of the contenders for the job mentioned elsewhere have this too - Billy Davies and Ian Dowie for example. Mike Newell is another. The bottom line is that IH's time has not worked out here, and the pressure on him would be immense if he were to remain. But correcting the wrongs of his tenure 10 games into next season rather than immediately is the worst thing to do. I wouldn't even give him the chance to put it right even if he could because his failure has been so abject; all decisions of this nature are a risk and one cannot be 100% sure but I think it looks like the best option is let a new man take the helm to take the club forward.

Last edited:
To be honest the longer the delay the more likely IH is leaving, as others have stated his fate was most likely decided a week ago or possibly even earlier than that, the longer this goes on the more likely it is due to protracted discussions of severance pay etc or the fact that MM is trying to force Ollie to leave under a reduced pay off and a mutual consent agreement as opposed to sacking him and being liable to an increased pay off.

Last edited:
Dragging things on in is surely the worst of all Worlds. We need to be making decisions as to which players stay and which are allowed to leave. It is an accepted fact that the teams that gain promotion via play off's are at a disadvantage because of the time lost to their automatically promoted brethren; we are in danger of a similar plight upon relegation!

I have a feeling MM will spend some time trying to tempt another manager here before sacking Ollie. If he can't get one of Davies, Ince, Dowie, Newell or another half decent manager here, I would rather we stuck with Ollie than bringing in some no-hoper like Peter Reid.

I would actually quite like to see Dave Penney here. He started off at Doncaster where he took them from the Conference to League One, with a 47.30% win ratio, and then left because he felt he had took them as far as he could. He then went to Darlington and has just got them into the League Two playoffs, and has a 44.12% win ratio there.

Heineken Matt, please stop using the argument that IH is a good League 1 manager and therefore should stay. We are not looking to stay in League 1 we are looking to return to the championship and then hopefully the prem. We don't want a good League 1 manager we want better than that;

Probably waiting to see if Dowie goes to QPR

Why would QPR be considering somebody like Dowie with their kind of resources at hand?

To be honest the longer the delay the more likely IH is leaving, as others have stated his fate was most likely decided a week ago or possibly even earlier than that, the longer this goes on the more likely it is due to protracted discussions of severance pay etc or the fact that MM is trying to force Ollie to leave under a reduced pay off and a mutual consent agreement as opposed to sacking him and being liable to an increased pay off.

If Holloway is going, why would you expect him to agree to accept a penny less than the money he is due?

Why is it impossible to believe what MM has said about listening to Holloway's view of the future and making a decision based on that?

Why would QPR be considering somebody like Dowie with their kind of resources at hand?

If Holloway is going, why would you expect him to agree to accept a penny less than the money he is due?

Why is it impossible to believe what MM has said about listening to Holloway's view of the future and making a decision based on that?

I would have thought that if Leicester have to pay him the total of what is due then they can insist that he doesn't manage any other clubs for the length of his contract. Therefore I'd expect him to be offered a lower amount to free him from his contract (which he'd accept) or to have a stipulation that any wage he earns during the next three years is deducted from the payoff (they do this in the NBA).

I would have thought that if Leicester have to pay him the total of what is due then they can insist that he doesn't manage any other clubs for the length of his contract. Therefore I'd expect him to be offered a lower amount to free him from his contract (which he'd accept) or to have a stipulation that any wage he earns during the next three years is deducted from the payoff (they do this in the NBA).

Either way, Holloway gets not one penny less than the amount left on his contract.

Either way, Holloway gets not one penny less than the amount left on his contract.

There maybe performance clauses in there and IH may want a clean break if it comes to it.

It was reported that Allen only got 6 months pay rather than the 2-3 years in his contract, so you'd guess that MM will try to cut his outlay again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669