Holloway to learn fate on Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want him to stay and think he's up to it then fair enough but don't try to say that he is beyond blame and we were down before he took over because quite frankly you are talking out of your jacksie
Can't be arsed arguing about this anymore,theadulation for Holloway from some quarters is nothing short of stagerring

I really cannot see how anyone can defend Holloway in any way, shape or form. He has been responsible for the team selections, formations, tactics, coaching and player recruitment now since November 2007, and he has managed to relegate us, even though he was afforded a budget most Managers at this level could only dream of.

Peter Taylor is still hated and heavily criticised for what went wrong at this club during and after his tenure, yet Ollie who's record is worse is now being defended and calls for him to be given the opportunity to rebuild the club.

Well I am sorry but his seven months in charge have been an unmitigated disaster and I fail to see why or how he can be allowed to continue in the role of Leicester City Manager.

I think it's quite short sighted personally to ignore the fact that many others have also failed on that score and jump on Holloway as the main problem. You could easily argue he had the hardest job as morale had been so low for such a sustained period of time.

When Holloway took over we were en route to a poorish league position - not relegation. It has taken poor management of an exceptional level to achieve relegation. In fact, by his own admission Holloway was talking of a play off place when he took the reins.

The big difference between Levein and Kelly to the Holloway era, is Mandaric's money - we don't know how Allen would have gone on because he was only here for 5 minutes, but we do know that Holloway has made very poor use of the money made available.

I can't get my head round any logic in what you are saying. It reads to me like you are saying that we have had a succession of poor managers so what's new about Holloway and we might as well stick with him.

Your position is not only illogical, it is also totally defeatest.

I am not certain Holloway will be sacked because clearly there are financial implications as well as Mandaric's well documented difficulties in making decent appointments. Now made much more difficult by relegation.

If it is possible I think he should bring in Paul Ince. At present, Leicester City is still, I hope, a bigger club than M K Dons - and he might be persuadable. Give Holloway another season and so then we may have fallen below MK Dons in the ratings.

I really cannot see how anyone can defend Holloway in any way, shape or form. He has been responsible for the team selections, formations, tactics, coaching and player recruitment now since November 2007, and he has managed to relegate us, even though he was afforded a budget most Managers at this level could only dream of.

Peter Taylor is still hated and heavily criticised for what went wrong at this club during and after his tenure, yet Ollie who's record is worse is now being defended and calls for him to be given the opportunity to rebuild the club.

Well I am sorry but his seven months in charge have been an unmitigated disaster and I fail to see why or how he can be allowed to continue in the role of Leicester City Manager.

your Dead right Pinky :038::038::038:

If you want him to stay and think he's up to it then fair enough but don't try to say that he is beyond blame and we were down before he took over because quite frankly you are talking out of your jacksie
Can't be arsed arguing about this anymore,theadulation for Holloway from some quarters is nothing short of stagerring

No adulation here.

I admited several posts ago that he is not entirely devoid of blame so I hope that wasnt aimed at me.

When Holloway took over we were en route to a poorish league position - not relegation. It has taken poor management of an exceptional level to achieve relegation. In fact, by his own admission Holloway was talking of a play off place when he took the reins.

The big difference between Levein and Kelly to the Holloway era, is Mandaric's money - we don't know how Allen would have gone on because he was only here for 5 minutes, but we do know that Holloway has made very poor use of the money made available.

I can't get my head round any logic in what you are saying. It reads to me like you are saying that we have had a succession of poor managers so what's new about Holloway and we might as well stick with him.

Your position is not only illogical, it is also totally defeatest.

I am not certain Holloway will be sacked because clearly there are financial implications as well as Mandaric's well documented difficulties in making decent appointments. Now made much more difficult by relegation.

If it is possible I think he should bring in Paul Ince. At present, Leicester City is still, I hope, a bigger club than M K Dons - and he might be persuadable. Give Holloway another season and so then we may have fallen below MK Dons in the ratings.

Interesting that you would bring in Paul Ince even though several on here have suggested our club was too big for IH? Ince has never even managed at League One level and yet he has the experience to take over us? Sometimes this place is scary! :icon_conf

Cant believe he has been given that long, its truly shocking, sack him and get somebody else in, if we arent winning within 4 months we should keep rotating managers until we do start winning!!!!!!

Last edited:
Interesting that you would bring in Paul Ince even though several on here have suggested our club was too big for IH? Ince has never even managed at League One level and yet he has the experience to take over us? Sometimes this place is scary! :icon_conf

I wouldnt worry too much Willow, they'll want him gone when he hasn't won his first 5 games anyway.

Cant believe he has been given that long, its truly shocking, sack him and get somebody else in, if we arent winning within 4 months we should keep rotating managers until we do start winning!!!!!!

Wasn't that a quote from MM a few months back....?

So are you suggesting he is soley to blame? :102:

Of course not Willow. But i do think - with respect - that there is some very mixed up thinking coming from your Ollie fan club.

We all know that the failure is cumulative - however, that doesn't mean that we should put up with someone who only made things a whole lot worse and has taken us into the Johnstone's Paint Trophy category.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ince has played at some of the biggest clubs in the world, so he's used to the pressure and expectation that comes with it.

Ince has played at some of the biggest clubs in the world, so he's used to the pressure and expectation that comes with it.

Didn't IH manage his Plymouth team v Real Madrid last season? Surely that must count for something :icon_lol:

Last edited:
Of course not Willow. But i do think - with respect - that there is some very mixed up thinking coming from your Ollie fan club.

We all know that the failure is cumulative - however, that doesn't mean that we should put up with someone who only made things a whole lot worse and has taken us into the Johnstone's Paint Trophy category.

So your suggesting that its Holloway that has taken us down, is that not suggesting he is soley to blame?

Durham pointed out that Holloway is to blame, as are the players and the chairman. You all point out that IH had seven months to sort it out, well MM had the whole season and so did the players!!

It seems to me there are two arguments

One - everything is Ollies fault sack him
Two - Ollie is to blame, but not the only one

Just because some people arent calling for Ollies head doesnt mean they love him!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670