Holloway to learn fate on Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that you would bring in Paul Ince even though several on here have suggested our club was too big for IH? Ince has never even managed at League One level and yet he has the experience to take over us? Sometimes this place is scary! :icon_conf

No - i think Ince would be a good appointment.

Unfortunately, in the event of losing your hero Holloway, we are not actually going to be able to attract Sir Alec or even Rafa or Jose - even 'Arry may not be too keen to drop down a couple of divisions. Therefore, we have to look elsewhere.

The biggest problem at The Walkers is the poor attitude of the players and this will need a strong personality to sort out. It appears that Ince is ambitious and doesn't like people messing about who will stand in the way of his ambitions.

Ince has played at some of the biggest clubs in the world, so he's used to the pressure and expectation that comes with it.

Yeah because playing football and managing a team is the same thing. :icon_roll

So your suggesting that its Holloway that has taken us down, is that not suggesting he is soley to blame?

Durham pointed out that Holloway is to blame, as are the players and the chairman. You all point out that IH had seven months to sort it out, well MM had the whole season and so did the players!!

It seems to me there are two arguments

One - everything is Ollies fault sack him
Two - Ollie is to blame, but not the only one

Just because some people arent calling for Ollies head doesnt mean they love him!

Good post.

I just can't get to grips at all with this 'it's all Holloways fault'

No - i think Ince would be a good appointment.

Unfortunately, in the event of losing your hero Holloway, we are not actually going to be able to attract Sir Alec or even Rafa or Jose - even 'Arry may not be too keen to drop down a couple of divisions. Therefore, we have to look elsewhere.

The biggest problem at The Walkers is the poor attitude of the players and this will need a strong personality to sort out. It appears that Ince is ambitious and doesn't like people messing about who will stand in the way of his ambitions.

I thought the biggest problem was IH? :102:

It seems to me there are two arguments

One - everything is Ollies fault sack him
Two - Ollie is to blame, but not the only one

Not far wrong there

The difference being that with option two the other cuplrits either have already been sacked (Levein, Kelly, McKay, Allen etc.), or cannot actually be sacked (Mandaric himself, some of the players still under contract, the fans the pitch, Filbert Fox etc.)

Whichever way you look at it Holloway goes

Not far wrong there

The difference being that with option two the other cuplrits either have already been sacked (Levein, Kelly, McKay, Allen etc.), or cannot actually be sacked (Mandaric himself, some of the players still under contract, the fans the pitch, Filbert Fox etc.)

Whichever way you look at it Holloway goes

I can see the point of view that says he should go but if hes does where does it end? How many more do we go through?? How long do you give the next one???

mm made a rod for his own back by saying ''if it takes 20 managers to find the right one...''

I thought the biggest problem was IH? :102:

No, don't waste your time looking. but I have never said that and I cant remember anyone else saying that either.

Holloway has to take the major part of the blame - because he is responsible for football performance. The biggest problem lies with the players - lack of consistent effort and hopeless at scoring goals.

Holloway has to go because he has proved unable to put things right - worse; things have deteriorated under his management.

No, don't waste your time looking. but I have never said that and I cant remember anyone else saying that either.

Holloway has to take the major part of the blame - because he is responsible for football performance. The biggest problem lies with the players - lack of consistent effort and hopeless at scoring goals.

Holloway has to go because he has proved unable to put things right - worse; things have deteriorated under his management.

i agree

I can see the point of view that says he should go but if hes does where does it end? How many more do we go through?? How long do you give the next one???

However long he gets in terms of the fans' tolerance and patience, it will be much, much longer than Holloway will get were he to remain in charge

However long he gets in terms of the fans' tolerance and patience, it will be much, much longer than Holloway will get were he to remain in charge

Thats not answered my question at all. What is a reasonable time frame for a new manager to turn this club around??

What is a reasonable time frame for a new manager to turn this club around??

That is a very fair question.

First of all - we should expect to see some signs of real effort from the players on a match to match basis.

To be honest, when Holloway first arrived, i saw evidence of greater effort, even though the football was approaching being dire e.g. the home games against Cardiff and Charlton where we didn't win either game but obviously tried.

However as time went on, the 'bottling out' days became more frequent.

I would want to see signs of consistent commitment straight the way and challenging for a play off place minimum by January.

It's not the same thing, but they do have things in common. Someone who is able to cope with the pressure of playing for a big club is more likely to be able to cope with the same things as a manager than someone who hasn't played at that level.

Roy Keane being a good example

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670