How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really; been reading a thread on another forum, and it's all very depressing. 600-700 applicants for one or two pupillages, committees sifting on GCSE and A level grades, Degree classification and Bar results, with bonus points for every Masters completed.

THEN finding out that AFTER all of the points scoring, the interviewed candidates aren't "suitable" because although they look good on paper, they don't really impress in real life!

Frustrating doesn't come close, and it makes me wonder why they bothered to have the other sections on the form.

I can sort of relate to this in my current search for a training contract. Hope it works out for you !

Cheers matey, and congrats on your new job. :)

Ta - but it's only another temp contract and I'm going to be back applying within six months. But it's another six months where I can pay the mortgage.

I'm hoping for a plague which wipes out the entire under-25 teaching population of GB.

Ta - but it's only another temp contract and I'm going to be back applying within six months. But it's another six months where I can pay the mortgage.

I'm hoping for a plague which wipes out the entire under-25 teaching population of GB.

Good, I don't want to come across you whilst I wait for pupillage.....

I'm thinking along similar lines. But more lawyery; in a Bar kind of why, before DD panics!

There is absolutely no chance I am going to be bouncing anywhere near your walls. Tsk.

It's only normally the 24hours before the concert I get manic! I'm just going to make sure Cate is stupidly teenage-regressed excited as well!

And shut it, you said you were cooking so PFFFFT!

Good, I don't want to come across you whilst I wait for pupillage.....

I'm thinking along similar lines. But more lawyery; in a Bar kind of why, before DD panics!

I'm thinking lawyery as a total change of direction. I'd make the transition from am to pro argumentative sod with ease.

What are you talking about?

I don't know, I'm still half asleep!

What I was trying to point out, somewhat unsuccessfully, was the fact that BF replied to a post of yours about insomnia stating there was only 5 sleeps till Sunday, I assumed the point of insomnia was you couldn't sleep. Obviously it would help if I got the initials of the poster correct :icon_roll

Apologies for my poor sleepy attempt at humor :icon_sad:

I don't know, I'm still half asleep!

What I was trying to point out, somewhat unsuccessfully, was the fact that BF replied to a post of yours about insomnia stating there was only 5 sleeps till Sunday, I assumed the point of insomnia was you couldn't sleep. Obviously it would help if I got the initials of the poster correct :icon_roll

Apologies for my poor sleepy attempt at humor :icon_sad:

oh, let you off then :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673