HS2 trainline

Status
Not open for further replies.
As anyone who's lived there will attest: £32billion is a small price to pay to help people escape Birmingham faster.

I'd much prefer that the people of Birmingham remain in Birmingham.

There is that, but the fact that you are prepared to write off those who ended up there by accident marks you out as a callous and cold individual.

It's their own fault for taking the risk.

It'll be interesting to see if a British Company gets the contract(s).

The contracts will go to whichever companies offer the biggest trough for the ministers to get their greedy snouts into. The chances of any of that 32bn being invested in British companies I imagine will be extremely slim.

The contracts will go to whichever companies offer the biggest trough for the ministers to get their greedy snouts into. The chances of any of that 32bn being invested in British companies I imagine will be extremely slim.

Any? Seriously?

If the government are progressing with HS2 even slightly to assist the economy then sending the money abroad would be fairly pointless.

£18Billion on a ****ing futile and unwinnable war in Afghanistan.
£18Billion to be cut from welfare, targeting the weakest in society

Cameron trots out "I would never do anything to hurt disabled children" and, as my laughter is just about ebbing away, he promises to throw £32Billion at his mates to build an unnecessary little train set so they can burn bricks of £50 notes to heat their houses.

Politicians are (for the most part) pond scum but your Tories are a class apart. Tories are a mass of pure-bred, venal, piss-ignorant, selfish ****s.

I never saw the part of the manifesto which stated - We will look to withdraw benefits from recovering cancer sufferers whilst simultaneously spending £32billion on a train track.

I dont realy get the need to piss away all that cash to get to London about 20 mins quicker than before. If it was to be spent on the ralways it should be invested in replacing all the antiquated equpment and add carriages to trains so that you dont pay £90 to stand all the way to London.

If it was to be spent on the ralways it should be invested in replacing all the antiquated equpment and add carriages to trains so that you dont pay £90 to stand all the way to London.

Or, rail companies should be forced to provide extra carriages out of their own pocket and not oversell journeys...while the cash was used for the benefit of society at large rather than being pumped into the fat, sweaty pockets of far-too rich ****s.

Let's all stand for Parliament.

If the government are progressing with HS2 even slightly to assist the economy then sending the money abroad would be fairly pointless.

Yes, but your government aren't allowed to only invite tender from UK companies. If cheaper tenders all come from European based companies, they'll be obliged to award the contracts there.

Yes, but your government aren't allowed to only invite tender from UK companies. If cheaper tenders all come from European based companies, they'll be obliged to award the contracts there.

No tender decision is based solely on price.

Phew!!! Thanks be to **** for that, problem solved. It'll all be UK companies so
Not so easy these days. The Crossrail contract that Siemens won over Bombardier was not on price, but the fact that Siemens were deemed more financially secure. Madness, I tells thee.

Not so easy these days. The Crossrail contract that Siemens won over Bombardier was not on price, but the fact that Siemens were deemed more financially secure. Madness, I tells thee.

I believe it was because they could borrow the money necessary cheaper than Bombardier.

£18Billion on a ****ing futile and unwinnable war in Afghanistan.
£18Billion to be cut from welfare, targeting the weakest in society

Cameron trots out "I would never do anything to hurt disabled children" and, as my laughter is just about ebbing away, he promises to throw £32Billion at his mates to build an unnecessary little train set so they can burn bricks of £50 notes to heat their houses.

Politicians are (for the most part) pond scum but your Tories are a class apart. Tories are a mass of pure-bred, venal, piss-ignorant, selfish *****.

I guess you've forgotten that this was a Labour project that's been carried on by the Lib Dems & Tories. In terms of having the support of parliament, it's unlikely many projects have such cross party support.

I believe it was because they could borrow the money necessary cheaper than Bombardier.
My bad, twice. I was referring to the Thameslink project, which as you rightly say, because the builders were also required to sort out the financing as well, meant that Bombardier could never have won the contract even if they had a lower build cost. What dolt at the Dept of Transport thought up that zinger, god knows.

I guess you've forgotten that this was a Labour project

I guess you missed the first part of my final sentence.

My loathing of a party of incestuous, no-chinned, Cro-Magnon-brained ****s isn't just confined to this imbecilic project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669