HS2 trainline

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure why they need a new station at er..Ashby DLZ

why not go through Loughborough or East Midlands Parkway...

I know Boc, that's what I was saying, London gets rid of one its ugliest stations and has a new one like St Pancras

Have you seen the plans for the new Euston? Any romantic notion that it will be anything like St Pancras can be forgotten. St Pancras is like it is largely because designers and architects could hang the new station on and around the original Barlow trainshed and the gothic revival Midland Hotel. These were built in competition to the then design at Euston with its Doric Arch and the magnificent Brunel-inspired structure at Paddington and have been beautifully incorporated into the modern station.

Euston will expand west, meaning the end of the Bree Louise pub :(

...together with 220 homes and the shops and services of the local community. It will also expand southwards, taking what little remains of the green space between the present station and Euston Road. It will be a wholly modern station and I have yet to see anything in its design to commend it.

not sure why they need a new station at er..Ashby DLZ

why not go through Loughborough or East Midlands Parkway...

Because it will then take HS2 longer to get to Leeds.

Seeing as it takes about 1 hour 40 to London from Loughborough I really don't see the benefit outweighing the ridiculous costs.

Seeing as it takes about 1 hour 40 to London from Loughborough I really don't see the benefit outweighing the ridiculous costs.

1 hour 40??

It actually takes 1 hr 19, with trains once an hour. Even the stopping train only takes 1 hour 34.

Have you seen the plans for the new Euston? .

ah fair point, no. but it could hardly be worse, a nuke would improve the look of it

St Pancras is fantastic looking, although I do miss the old dingy pub

1 hour 40??

It actually takes 1 hr 19, with trains once an hour. Even the stopping train only takes 1 hour 34.

On this occasion I am delighted to be proved wrong :)

Euston is a station.

A station has a primary function and that isn't to look like a tart's boudoir - so why the **** does it need a ****ing multi-million pound makeover when there's cutbacks all over the shop.

This is as much of a twat of an idea as Gove's boat for Liz and firmly based in the London-centric mindset pervading those who think that living there is actually important.

speaking of St Pancras, was walking along yesterday through the shopping bit and a woman with a granny trolly came out of shop into my path and i had to walk around her

some bloke behnid me says "why don't you look where you are going?"

i said "i was watching where she was going, i'm not psychic, prick"

he stormed off and shoulder barged some japanese tourist

nice fella

speaking of St Pancras, was walking along yesterday through the shopping bit and a woman with a granny trolly came out of shop into my path and i had to walk around her

some bloke behnid me says "why don't you look where you are going?"

i said "i was watching where she was going, i'm not psychic, prick"

he stormed off and shoulder barged some japanese tourist

nice fella

Maybe he was talking to the woman with the trolley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669