Post Match Huddersfield 0 Leicester 1

Positives:

We didn't look vulnerable against an 'old school' Championship opposition.
Despite clearly still being way off what the manager wants us to be, points are being locked in.
Vardy coming on for the later part of a game is exactly where he can still be effective for us.

Negatives:

Marcal looked way off.
A decent opponent would have scored at least a couple when we gave the ball away stupidly within 30 yards of goal.
Somehow picked up 4 yellows in a game without a bad tackle.

Reality check:

Our playing budget will be at least five times Huddersfields. A narrow win is nothing special in the circumstances.

Positives:

Despite clearly still being way off what the manager wants us to be, points are being locked in.
Vardy coming on for the later part of a game is exactly where he can still be effective for us.

Negatives:

Marcal looked way off.
A decent opponent would have scored at least a couple when we gave the ball away stupidly within 30 yards of goal.

Reality check:

Our playing budget will be at least five times Huddersfields. A narrow win is nothing special in the circumstances.

I think right now points on the board and more gelling time is the best outcome we can hope for. It'll clearly take a little while for the players to understand Enzo's ideas and for him to find out his best team.

We'll get humbled at some point, no doubt, but for now, very happy with the start.

Positives:

Negatives:

Marcal looked way off.

Reality check:

Positives

We had a shite pre-season and have still managed to win our first three.

Wout Faes was superb.

Our stand in keeper was solid.

Positives:

Negatives:

Marcal looked way off.

Reality check:

Positives:

A win is a win. It doesn't have to be special under any circumstances.

Being honest we were pretty ****ing poor, but right now you simply cannot complain about three wins on the spin while we get our shit together

However, our problems remain the same as they were last week:

• This system demands a good right winger, and we haven’t got one. So far we haven’t even seen an average one - it’s been awful over that side
  • This system also demands two dynamic number eights. Although very poor today, IMO, KDH will be one of them. We have not a single player in a squad of about a hundred who can fill the other spot.
  • This system means we have a massive, enormous risk on transition, and you need quick, responsive back four who can cope with quick, long balls over the top and down the flanks. Faes was decent today, but as a collective they are nowhere near good enough. A clever team who have players who can finish will destroy them.

We desperately need players out, and players in

Faes, Vestergaard and Winks were superb today. Ricardo showed glimpses of brilliance also.

Final third let us down, but we got chances and looked comfortable for the majority of the game with the new tactical approach.

Definitely feeling positive and an away from home performance like that is a big result.

Ref today was David Webb. Ref for the Burton game was Gavin Ward. Who’s the next ex-player to ref us?

Positives:

Negatives:

Marcal looked way off.

Reality check:

Are you going to be like this all season?

I disagree that we were awful.

I do wish Ricardo would play with a bit more freedom. I get he is just playing his role but there were some opportunities today to really take on a player and drive into the box. Pre injury Ricardo would have tore these apart.

Ref today was David Webb. Ref for the Burton game was Gavin Ward. Who’s the next ex-player to ref us?
David Speedie?
Marcin Wasilewski?

Nice.

Are you going to be like this all season?

I was trying to be positive.

I warned you all that I may well remain furious all season. Winning the league won't make up for the disgust I still feel towards the club. As long as there are people responsible wearing the shirt and making the decisions, I won't be getting over it.

I do get a sense from the players that they’re enjoying life at the minute. They look confident without looking arrogant or ‘too good to be in this league’

It’s a very, very different atmosphere to last season already.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663