Post Match Hull 1 Leicester 1 AET (league cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm immensely bothered.My team threw it away against a pile of shite not fit to be on the same pitch as us.Arse & Chelski both out tonight so the competition opens right up.We aint going down & we ain't winning the ****ing league so this was a genuine trophy chance thrown away.Hull FFS! We should turn up,beat them,shag their ****ing Mrs on the way out,shit on their doorstep & get the last bus home.

Claudio...buy a keeper in January please & put that past it old **** out of his misery.**** off back to Aus you pointless sheep shagging non-entity.I don't want my club being used as a last payday for wankers with **** all left to offer.

Wow

I'd add I'm not really over-enthused by the fa cup either. If it happens, of couse I be happy but I wouldn't shed a tear if we get knocked out first time around. Maybe I'm broken as a football fan. I don't buy into the "cup magic" tripe that the TV tries to get us to.

Fail to see why you bother then as cups are all we'll ever win.The Prem has destroyed the game for clubs our size forever but that isn't our fault,I fail to see any point in supporting a competitive sports team if you aren't bothered about winning anything.It would seem pointless,
As for the magic of the cup thing I don't need the telly to enthuse me.I have the memories of pleasure & pain from childhood right through into middle age to do that.

Feel like a complete **** as I thought this was the FA cup - what a twat! Ha ha not bothered now. Totally accept anyone who thinks I am a knob. Too much fizzy pop!

I'd add I'm not really over-enthused by the fa cup either. If it happens, of couse I be happy but I wouldn't shed a tear if we get knocked out first time around. Maybe I'm broken as a football fan. I don't buy into the "cup magic" tripe that the TV tries to get us to.

To be honest Matt it seems that football on the whole doesn't enthuse you.

Shit! Even the title says League Cup ha ha wankered!

...and if it had been the big cup, we would have taken them back to our place after 90 minutes.

So Kramaric to start on Saturday then?

I really hope Ulloa is fit and available soon.

So what's up with Kramaric? Seems like the biggest waste of money since Akinbayi.

What's with the "who cares about the cup" comments? Once you win it, you've won it... it's a great feeling and no one can take it away. Finishing 7th in the Prem (or whatever), only as good as the season you're in. I'd love us to have won this cup; the FA Cup even more so.

I'm disappointed to lose but for me stabilising ourselves in the premier league is more important.
Cup wins will come in the years to come so no need to worry just yet.
In the next few years we will be in a position to put a our stronger team out, who can hopefully beat teams like Hull easily.

Very poor game, with little positives. Schwarzer's kicks are woeful, Kramaric never really got into the game, Inler misplaced far too many passes. The first five minutes were end to end and then dullness arrived. We could have probably sneaked it if there were five mins more in the second half.

It was 100 mins into the game when Hull scored and we actually heard their fans.

No one took the opportunity to stake their claim for the first team.

Hull probably deserved it as they seemed to want the ball more. When the 'left side / right side' chant is the highlight you know it's not been good football!

To be honest Matt it seems that football on the whole doesn't enthuse you.
Quite a lot of it doesn't, but this season above any in recent memory, the league is wide open and we have as much chance as most of finishing in the European places. If we could get top 6 and Europa then surly that would be a great achievement that would "stay with you for life"?

Quite a lot of it doesn't, but this season above any in recent memory, the league is wide open and we have as much chance as most of finishing in the European places. If we could get top 6 and Europa then surly that would be a great achievement that would "stay with you for life"?

It'd be great but I don't think it'd be as good as winning something at Wembley. I'm surrounded by fans who have seen their team finish second in their lifetime but they still point out that at least my lot have won something.

I totally support the team selection last night. It was the right call and almost worked.

I would have preferred us to win but I really can't get upset about not doing so on penalties. It's quite a long time now since we won a penalty shoot-out. Even there, it was Mahrez that lost it for us but I can't be upset with him.

All last night proved is that we are fearfully vulnerable if Schmeichel gets injured and that Kramaric is struggling and doesn't appear likely to threaten for a place in the team any time soon.

Chilwell was given man of the match by RL and Sky which suggests that he took his opportunity and should either be closer to the first team or sent for regular football at Championship level.

It'd be great but I don't think it'd be as good as winning something at Wembley. I'm surrounded by fans who have seen their team finish second in their lifetime but they still point out that at least my lot have won something.
I think I get pissed off by the semis being at Wembley as well. That takes off the importance of a trip to Wembley in this cup, for me.

I totally support the team selection last night. It was the right call and almost worked.

I would have preferred us to win but I really can't get upset about not doing so on penalties. It's quite a long time now since we won a penalty shoot-out. Even there, it was Mahrez that lost it for us but I can't be upset with him.

All last night proved is that we are fearfully vulnerable if Schmeichel gets injured and that Kramaric is struggling and doesn't appear likely to threaten for a place in the team any time soon.

Chilwell was given man of the match by RL and Sky which suggests that he took his opportunity and should either be closer to the first team or sent for regular football at Championship level.

I agree about Chilwell. He was decent, but I thought he could have done better with Dull's equaliser.

I have to say that I am a bit confused by those who, "Don't care about exiting a tin pot cup" (or words to that effect): I would heartily agree that Premier League status is more important, but are we likely to win the league? Why wouldn't you want ANY silverware?

This is not a criticism of our team selection, as we need to keep players, outside the first team, happy and match fit.

I think I get pissed off by the semis being at Wembley as well. That takes off the importance of a trip to Wembley in this cup, for me.

Now this I agree with, it's an absolute cup killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566