i like my ipod but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vodka

1) headphones...utter shit
2) i don't wanna use itunes, i just want to drag and drop
3) why if i change PCs do i have to scrub the lot...or guess what the files are in explorer
4) why can't i listen to it when it's charging?
5) changing the battery is a military operation
6) the screen is scratched to **** within about a week (nano)

are the newer versions any good?

1) headphones...utter shit
3) why if i change PCs do i have to scrub the lot...or guess what the files are in explorer
4) why can't i listen to it when it's charging?
5) changing the battery is a military operation
6) the screen is scratched to **** within about a week (nano)

are the newer versions any good?

I refuse to buy an MP3 player that forces you to use proprietary software in order to use it. If it won't act as an extra disk under windows (or Linux) and use 'drag n drop' then I don't want to know.

Last edited:
I refuse to buy an MP3 player that forces you to use proprietary software in order to use it. If it won't act as an extra disk under windows (or Linux) and use 'drag n drop' then I don't want to know.

:038:
down with microsoft (hope Bill doesnt read this:icon_lol:)

The one thing I hate. iTunes is an absolute wanky program, and with over 5,000 songs already on my Media Player, I can't be arsed to sit there for hours on end uploading every CD back onto iTunes.

I might just flog my iPod and get a normal mp3 player.

Do Creative Zens use the 'drag and drop' way of uploading music?

you can drag and drop music using itunes-have your iPod on manual setting

and tom if you put all your music into one file, you can use itunes to import it all-therefore all your music will be in itunes-and it can convert from wma if need be to..

The one thing I hate. iTunes is an absolute wanky program, and with over 5,000 songs already on my Media Player, I can't be arsed to sit there for hours on end uploading every CD back onto iTunes.

I might just flog my iPod and get a normal mp3 player.

Do Creative Zens use the 'drag and drop' way of uploading music?

Download the songs then doesnt take long just set it to download all the albums you want.

Or i suppose you could drag them if i am correct because they are on ur pc somewhere:)

thanx post whore ;)

you gonna big up the merits of any alternatives?

erm....alternatives don't have wanky white wankpod earphones; the alternatives don't use iTunes; they're not made by Apple.

and tom if you put all your music into one file, you can use itunes to import it all-therefore all your music will be in itunes-and it can convert from wma if need be to..

That sounds like a lot of unnecessary f*cking about to me.

I used to like my Wankpod, then one of them died and then the cpu died and had no music. Meaning I could no longer update it without wiping the current batch.

I now hate my Wankpod

I used to like my Wankpod, then one of them died and then the cpu died and had no music. Meaning I could no longer update it without wiping the current batch.

I now hate my Wankpod

you can update it...its the deleting thats a bastard

Don't say my walkman's out of date already. I've only had it 25 years...
4641903_69d553df11.jpg

Gona have to stick up for the iPods here. I don't see how they are 'wank'. They are so easy to use, and do the job one expects from it. I used to have an iRiver MP3 player but sold that to get an iPod for a few different reasons. The main one being ease of use. Wth the iRiver, the songs only showed up on the player if they had the correct ID3 tag or something, also, as it was pretty much full, it would take about 5 mins to boot up which got pretty annoying. In addition, the software that came with it was a pile of wank although you could just drag and drop into it as it showed up as a portable hard drive, but it took ages to transfer the songs. With the iPod, it is so much easier as it auto updates when you connect it to your computer and also stops you having songs duplicated, like putting them on twice, not just if they are on more than one album.

Much happier with my iPod than I was with the iRiver, although am now waiting for delivery on a replacement battery, had it well over 3 years though and it is the first time I have had to replace it. :icon_redf

Last edited:
Gona have to stick up for the iPods here. I don't see how they are 'wank'. They are so easy to use, and do the job one expects from it. I used to have an iRiver MP3 player but sold that to get an iPod for a few different reasons. The main one being ease of use. Wth the iRiver, the songs only showed up on the player if they had the correct ID3 tag or something, also, as it was pretty much full, it would take about 5 mins to boot up which got pretty annoying. In addition, the software that came with it was a pile of wank although you could just drag and drop into it as it showed up as a portable hard drive, but it took ages to transfer the songs. With the iPod, it is so much easier as it auto updates when you connect it to your computer and also stops you having songs duplicated, like putting them on twice, not just if they are on more than one album.

Much happier with my iPod than I was with the iRiver, although am now waiting for delivery on a replacement battery, had it well over 3 years though and it is the first time I have had to replace it. :icon_redf

So, in conclusion, the iRiver joins the iPod on the wank MP3 player list.

No, the iPod is not even near the wank list IMO. The iRiver was wank though IMO, but I'm sure they are better now, after all it was about 4-5 years ago that I bought it!!!

Why are iPods so 'wank' then Mackster? :102:

Last edited:
iTunes & sheeple wearing white earphones

Why is iTunes shit, I have never had any problems with it, and it is a piece of piss to use!! :102:

And the earphones is the same for most, you generally get bog-standard head phones when you buy an MP3 player or personal CD/MD player, well I always have, and that is why I always buy my own, as yes, the ones that do come with it are a bit shit.

So there is nothing wrong with the actual player then in your opinion? ;) :102:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673