i like my ipod but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there is nothing wrong with the actual player then in your opinion? ;) :102:

Never used one, I refuse to for the reasons I've stated.

I do listen to work mates moaning about screens & batteries dying though.

Got a Sony nwa1000, 6GB, for a bargain £39.95 from Tesco (Last one in store). Software not the best (connect player), but I've got my favourite 800 tracks on shuffle, so when in the car, if I'm not listenin to John Gaunt and co, I'm tapping the steering wheel to Queen, Jam, Police, Blondie, Boomtown Rats, Bowie, Slade, T Rex, Eagles, Supertramp, REM, Stranglers..etc etc.........

Do Creative Zens use the 'drag and drop' way of uploading music?

Mine didn't to start with, but I upgraded the firmware so I could drag and drop, so much better than using shitty itunes.

Why is iTunes shit

If it is anything like the Atrac software I got with a Sony Minidisk player then all that booking music out and back in nonsense was rediculous and took far more time than just dragging and dropping. And there is a DRM issue with it.

But hey, if it works for you.......

If it is anything like the Atrac software I got with a Sony Minidisk player then all that booking music out and back in nonsense was rediculous and took far more time than just dragging and dropping. And there is a DRM issue with it.

But hey, if it works for you.......

No, it is nothing like that, all you have to do is connect it to your computer via USB and it does it all by itself. How much easier could it be!!??!! :102:

No, it is nothing like that, all you have to do is connect it to your computer via USB and it does it all by itself. How much easier could it be!!??!! :102:

So if I use a USB cable to connect an iPod to my PC for the first time, would I be able to transfer my entire music collection onto it without installing any extra software?

So if I use a USB cable to connect an iPod to my PC for the first time, would I be able to transfer my entire music collection onto it without installing any extra software?

No, you have to have iTunes installed, as you know. But with iTunes, it auto-syncs your iPod to your iTunes library, simple. :038:

No, you have to have iTunes installed, as you know. But with iTunes, it auto-syncs your iPod to your iTunes library, simple. :038:

Well I have it even simpler than that because I didn't have to install iTunes. :icon_wink

In fact, I didn't have to install any software, I just plug in, my music player syncs it to whatever folder I tell it to, I can play back any file format I own & I can use my file browser of choice to organise them.

The WankPod doesn't even come close to that.

Well I have it even simpler than that because I didn't have to install iTunes. :icon_wink

In fact, I didn't have to install any software, I just plug in, my music player syncs it to whatever folder I tell it to, I can play back any file format I own & I can use my file browser of choice to organise them.

The WankPod doesn't even come close to that.

i do the same with my ipod there is a small program that helps you do it free wear ;)

I think ipods are nice to look at, the software is OK, and they are fairly easy to use.

For me that isn't the issue. Having your whole record collection monopolised and owned by Apple is nothing short of illegal IMO. You buy the records, you should be allowed to play them on any brand of music player.

What happens when a new mp3 player comes out that you really, REALLY want?. Tough shit, you can't have it because Apple have you by the bollocks.

Having your whole record collection monopolised and owned by Apple is nothing short of illegal IMO. You buy the records, you should be allowed to play them on any brand of music player.

What happens when a new mp3 player comes out that you really, REALLY want?. Tough shit, you can't have it because Apple have you by the bollocks.

I agree, their whole business model is offensive, but doesn't this only apply to music you purchase through the iTunes store?

Am I right in thinking that you can obtain your music from elsewhere & still transfer it onto your WankPod, as long as the files aren't WMA or FLAC format?

I agree, their whole business model is offensive, but doesn't this only apply to music you purchase through the iTunes store?

Am I right in thinking that you can obtain your music from elsewhere & still transfer it onto your WankPod, as long as the files aren't WMA or FLAC format?

Yeah, I've got over 1000 songs on my iPod and not one of them has been bought through iTunes

Yeah, I've got over 1000 songs on my iPod and not one of them has been bought through iTunes

And can you then download them off the iPod onto another computer and upload those same tracks onto a non-proprietory bog standard MP3 player?

And can you then download them off the iPod onto another computer and upload those same tracks onto a non-proprietory bog standard MP3 player?

I know there are programs available on the Internet which do that, but I have no need for it at the moment. Just using the bog-standard iPod software and iTunes, you cant transfer songs from an iPod to a computer.

I use my iPod every day. Absolutely love it. Even better considering it was free :081: Now thats value for money! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Why would that be any problem? :102:
Surely there's no restriction on doing that? Am I missing something?

Why would that be any problem? :102:
Surely there's no restriction on doing that? Am I missing something?

Because you have to use that crap bloated iTunes software to do it don't you? Bog standard MP3 players can put music onto and off any Windows/Linux/Mac box as and when you want with no extra stuff needed.

That's always been my biggest beef about iPods. If they sort out the proprietory software nonsense then I would be first in the queue for one.

the thing that is wank about itunes is not that it's horrendous to use, its that you HAVE to use it, it's like buying a car and the car only using petrol from Shell petrol stations, better than no car but unbelievably ****ing annoying

Apple make out they're the peoples' champion...bollocks, they are money grabbing bastards and the day someone produces a 10 gig drag and drop, replaceable battery, easy to use mp3 player for £50 they'll clear up and Apple can **** off and start issuing profit warnings

problem is, i'm not hearing any suggestions for an ipod killer yet...

:102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670