I wonder if anybody is the slightest bit interested whether it is Grayson or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: It IS Grayson !

Everybody has an opinion on who will make the better manager for our club.

Imo theres to much emphasis on the managerial appointment.

Like you say whos to know who will make a difference for us,from the names being tossed around.

Better players make for a better team.Thats why its allways Man u,Chelsea,liverpool and arsenal at the top.They have the better players.

The reason Avram Grant is 'doing so well',is not because hes a great manager,its because the team hes inherited is full of some of the worlds top players.

Whoever we get in at Leicester,needs to know one thing (which is obvious to me),we need better players.This might prove difficult because everybody is after the same group of 'quality' players that may/may not be available.

I agree with this completely and this is why I would like to see a manager with contacts and a good reputation with the better players. They haven't had any incentive to come here because our managers up until now haven't had the "pull" to lure them here. That's why I would have liked Souness, but I suspect he'll be off to Wigan now.

Well Ruth 11 thought it made sense, post 149 :102:

This little lovefest you mean? :102: Players will come here for one thing only, money. :icon_wink

Re: I wonder if it could be Grayson !

So no announcement until Friday ... less than 24 hours to prepare for Satudays game. Fcuking great :bang:

This little lovefest you mean? :102: Players will come here for one thing only, money. :icon_wink

That's where I think you're wrong. The real stars who really want to go places in football are not motivated by money (well not totally!). Personally I think that's what's up with the majority of our squad - they're mediocre at best and know it, so whilst they've got a club paying them decent wages, they'll see out their contract but they don't really give a rat's ass whether we win or not.

I want our manager to be able to attract the Michael Owens, Wayne Rooneys or Theo Walcotts of this world to come on loan for a while - young players who have bags of talent but are not ready for Prem football. Like Scott Sinclair. They know they're going to be good and they want to get better. And therefore they want to play and learn. Football is what matters, not money. There are plenty of players out there who believe that, but we're not able to attract any of them because they don't believe they can learn here. THAT's the manager and coach's fault.

Last edited:

That's where I think you're wrong. The real stars who really want to go places in football are not motivated by money (well not totally!). Personally I think that's what's up with the majority of our squad - they're mediocre at best and know it, so whilst they've got a club paying them decent wages, they'll see out their contract but they don't really give a rat's ass whether we win or not.

I want our manager to be able to attract the Michael Owens, Wayne Rooneys or Theo Walcotts of this world to come on loan for a while - young players who have bags of talent but are not ready for Prem football. Like Scott Sinclair. They know they're going to be good and they want to get better. And therefore they want to play and learn. Football is what matters, not money. There are plenty of players out there who believe that, but we're not able to attract any of them because they don't believe they can learn here. THAT's the manager and coach's fault.

:038: Another jem of a post.

..... young players who have bags of talent but are not ready for Prem football. Like Scott Sinclair. They know they're going to be good and they want to get better. And therefore they want to play and learn. Football is what matters, not money.

They rejigged their wage structure to sign him though. :icon_wink

I think that virtually all players are driven by making money and conscious that they need to make that money in a few years.

I also doubt whether top premiership clubs are minded to lend out the cream of the cream youngsters to championship clubs because they wouldn't see championship football as conducive to their best development.

One of the few exceptions was when Arsenal loaned us an 18 year old Kevin Campbell. Those around will remember that he had a dramatic impact.

I'm afraid that there are no easy fixes for a Leicester manager. He has got to be able to drag the best possible out of fairly ordinary talents and gradually improve the standing of the clubs to attract somewhat better players - and hope that he is not forced to sell these on to bigger clubs.

I also doubt whether top premiership clubs are minded to lend out the cream of the cream youngsters to championship clubs because they wouldn't see championship football as conducive to their best development.[/B]

But didn't Arsenal lend Birmingham some decent players from their youth set up last year, which were credited as playing a part in their promotion? And don't Man Utd like to send young players to lower league teams, or do they just get sent to their feeder club in Belgium now?

But didn't Arsenal lend Birmingham some decent players from their youth set up last year, which were credited as playing a part in their promotion? And don't Man Utd like to send young players to lower league teams, or do they just get sent to their feeder club in Belgium now?

and we got ryan feckin smith and mark feckin yeates

and we got ryan feckin smith and mark feckin yeates

Ryan Smith was a promising looking Arsenal youngster before he came to Leicester. But who was the LCFC Manager he was supposed to learn from?! He appeared to learn how to play mediocre football, enjoy himself off the pitch, and not bother to play on the pitch. I suspect that's why he's not at Arsenal any more and is now playing in League 1.
On the subject of Mark Yeates, who was it that played us off the park on Saturday again??? (I'm assuming we're talking about the same Mark Yeates who now plays for Colchester)

On the subject of Mark Yeates, who was it that played us off the park on Saturday again??? (I'm assuming we're talking about the same Mark Yeates who now plays for Colchester)

hardly a great benchmark is it though, can play well against leicester. even so i didn't even think he looked that good, better than our shite but not the sort of player you would look for to secure a top six

SS Reporter - Mandaric been to meet Tigana.

hahahahahahahahahaha

sorry, but if i don't laugh i will cry

Outcome of the meeting is that Tigana isn't ready for a return to management just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669