India Vs England 5th ODI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamworth Fox

It was a wise decision to cancel the ODI. The safety of the players and fans are important.

However, should this be a draw? I'd hope the English players/board/staff/fans would have the integrity to go out and elect India the winners of the series.

Should this be a draw, then England have in effect CHEATED.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
It was a wise decision to cancel the ODI. The safety of the players and fans are important.

However, should this be a draw? I'd hope the English players/board/staff/fans would have the integrity to go out and elect India the winners of the series.

Should this be a draw, then England have in effect CHEATED.

As the visiting nation the series will be awarded to England.

Willlow

As the visiting nation the series will be awarded to England.

That is how I understand the rules, but because we are England we will be gracious enough to say that the series was tied. :038:

Willlow

:icon_lol: silly ****s.

Hey you can't moan India managed to win two of the games through "poor light" and been given 17 overs of a power play compared to Englands 5.

Unfortunately rules are rules!

Tamworth Fox

Hey you can't moan India managed to win two of the games through "poor light" and been given 17 overs of a power play compared to Englands 5.

Unfortunately rules are rules!

May be so, but we are 5-0 up with two games to go. Any Tom, Dick or Sanjay knows that England have lost the series.

Last edited:

Tamworth Fox

Interesting to see Freddy, i'd say your best bowler was injured as well as Broad for what would've been the 6th ODI.

Willlow

Interesting to see Freddy, i'd say your best bowler was injured as well as Broad for what would've been the 6th ODI.

Are you suggesting they have something to do with these terrorists attacks?

Redditch Fox

The matter of the final result of the ODI series may be slightly complicated because it was the ECB that asked for the "postponement" of the final two games.

My guess is that the series will be awarded to India - 5-0. Unless of course they call in the football pools panel that forecasts the results of postponed matches - in which case it will be 7-0 to India.

fcukcov

The ECB are making an announcement later but they have said it wasn’t them who requested it to be cancelled.

Redditch Fox

The ECB are making an announcement later but they have said it wasn’t them who requested it to be cancelled.

Hugh Morris, ECB is quoted as saying that the ECB requested the cancellation of the last 2 ODIs and the Indian Board agreed that request.

highland fox

The Test Series goes ahead so we will no doubt get a good trouncing at that too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673