iPhone 5 expected today

Status
Not open for further replies.

M17TT C

Not a fan at all tbh but always have a keen eye open to see what they are knocking out next as I am a bit of a gadget freak and Apple usually set the standards for the rest of the industry as they really do produce some top notch products. Well in Jobs' days they did so quite interested to see the first big release since he unfortunately passed away.

The Telegraph have a live blog from the conference if anyone is that interested.

Also expected that they may announce an iPad mini of some sort to compete on the 7" Tab market.

Seems there is still **** all going on LCFC-wise so clutching at straws now but i'd imagine there are a few on here eager to see it before they part with the best part pf £500 of their hard earned cash for it.

At least they've created a proper adapter though.

It is a bit of a letdown. No surprises either, all of the stuff was already leaked. Wouldn't happen with Steve Jobs!

I'm glad in a way though... I got the 4S, so won't be changing for a while and nothing in the new phone makes me feel I'm missing out. The changes to iOS 6 however are really good I think, which we'll be able to get

So good news! But maybe not for Apple...

To be fair though, they seem to have focused on making good hardware improvements.

Well they kind of had to otherwise it would have been a massive 2 fingers to everyone that owns an 'old' dock. Priced at £25 at the Apple store too and says doesn't support video or iPod features?? but guessing that could be an error what the all the rush and hype to get everything updated.

I was expecting to see more of an aesthetic change like when they changed from the 3x models to 4x is was a complete new style whereas this seems to be just a slightly jazzed up version of the 4x.

Yeah it has got updated processor/ram/camera etc and the pic of it playing that racing game did look pretty amazing to be fair, almost 360/PS3 like but I was just a bit disappointed to not see a big change in design or a new & innovative feature they normally roll out on these big releases.

Well they kind of had to otherwise it would have been a massive 2 fingers to everyone that owns an 'old' dock. Priced at £25 at the Apple store too and says doesn't support video or iPod features?? but guessing that could be an error what the all the rush and hype to get everything updated.

I was expecting to see more of an aesthetic change like when they changed from the 3x models to 4x is was a complete new style whereas this seems to be just a slightly jazzed up version of the 4x.

Yeah it has got updated processor/ram/camera etc and the pic of it playing that racing game did look pretty amazing to be fair, almost 360/PS3 like but I was just a bit disappointed to not see a big change in design or a new & innovative feature they normally roll out on these big releases.

Yeah... I'm not surprised there was no NFC (Apple don't seem like massive fans) but I thought they might spring a surprise with something AR related.

That was the disappointing bit for me too.

The bigger screen doesn't really interest me. What did surprise me was that it's a phone where they've actually improved the phone part! Shocking.

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone...e-phones/apple-announces-new-iphone-5-1096566

Seems like a bit of a let down this, main things being it's a bit smaller & lighter and you can now have an extra row of apps......... Oh and not forgetting you will have to buy an adapter to use one in your existing docks etc.

Beginning of the end perhaps?

The adapter sells at £25 a time and according to Apple doesn't support video or ipod out!

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MD823ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter#overview

Yeah I saw that too and also posted it must have been a mistake otherwise the only function would be to charge but if so, that would be a classic Apple rip-off so may not be incorrect afterall. The Keynote docks could have been specially modified though or even be early prototypes for new style ones as B&O are working on them already.

Personally I thought they would have at least included the adapter for free considering you're going to be shelling out £529+ and there is no way they cost more than a few pence to produce.

Seems like Apple will have to try and get more money from bent American courts on patent cases as I can't see this being as big a hit as previous models as it offers very little new and nothing that cannot be done elsewhere.

Post Jobs Apple aren't looking a patch on what they used to be imo.

Yeah I saw that too and also posted it must have been a mistake otherwise the only function would be to charge but if so, that would be a classic Apple rip-off so may not be incorrect afterall. The Keynote docks could have been specially modified though or even be early prototypes for new style ones as B&O are working on them already.

Personally I thought they would have at least included the adapter for free considering you're going to be shelling out £529+ and there is no way they cost more than a few pence to produce.

Seems like Apple will have to try and get more money from bent American courts on patent cases as I can't see this being as big a hit as previous models as it offers very little new and nothing that cannot be done elsewhere.

Post Jobs Apple aren't looking a patch on what they used to be imo.

They were only shown to show the functionality of the adapter, nothing else.

Last edited:
Do actual humans pay £500 for a phone, does this actually happen in real life?

Not actual humans, they're sub-human fanboys and girls.
If Apple released a plastic encased dogturd they'd happily pay for it, regardless of price. In fact, the more expensive the better.

Not actual humans, they're sub-human fanboys and girls.
If Apple released a plastic encased dogturd they'd happily pay for it, regardless of price. In fact, the more expensive the better.

Just out of interest Macky, where do you stand on Android? I cannot stand the walled environment of Apple and could not stand to be limited in the way they limit the users of their products.

Just out of interest Macky, where do you stand on Android? I cannot stand the walled environment of Apple and could not stand to be limited in the way they limit the users of their products.

Just out of interest, what are the ways they limit users of their products?

Everytime someone gets a phone on contract they are ultimately paying the full handset price, its just hidden in the monthly fee you pay to the network. The Samsung Galaxy S3 is the same price for the handset as the iPhone 5, £500+.

I think I'm human and I bought an iPhone 4 direct from Apple for the wife at around £500 for her birthday year and a half ago, I don't like or want iPhones but she does and I couldn't think of anything else to get.

Fair enough Durham, I didn't see the conference and was just going from your post but obviously mis interpreted it. Does seen strange though if the adapter wouldn't work for sound and audio but I'd imagine China will knock something up that will do the job for about a tenth of the price.

re £500 phones, given that Apple is one of, if not the most valuable companies in the world and the iPhone accounts for a large percentage of their revenue, id say that quite a lot of people are quite happy to part with £500+ for the latest model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566