Ishmael Miller Loan target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Di Matteo on the Albion OS, the Miller injury is not as bad as first feared and he should be back in training next week, with a return to League action (with them or 'somebody else' ?!), the following Saturday. It was a training ground injury - they feared a repeat of the "abdominable tear" which required surgery and kept him out for a few months, but a scan has revealed a "strain", just needing physio.

SO, he MIGHT be with us next week ?!

According to Di Matteo on the Albion OS, the Miller injury is not as bad as first feared and he should be back in training next week, with a return to League action (with them or 'somebody else' ?!), the following Saturday. It was a training ground injury - they feared a repeat of the "abdominable tear" which required surgery and kept him out for a few months, but a scan has revealed a "strain", just needing physio.

SO, he MIGHT be with us next week ?!

Did you mean abdominable strain BR? I think it's abdominal.

Anyway, now the injury's cleared, I've heard he will coming to City. On loan until January.

Last edited:
Did you mean abdominable strain BR? I think it's abdominal.

Anyway, now the injury's cleared, I've heard he will be coming to City. On loan until January.

Yes, you're right :icon_redf. Doesn't abdominable mean awful - if you're correct about him coming, I hope he won't be ?!

Last edited:
From the Express + Star ...

Ishmael Miller set for Leicester talks

Albion are in talks with Championship club Leicester about the forthcoming release of Ishmael Miller for a loan spell at the Walkers Stadium.

Miller is expected to be back in training with his first-team colleagues later this week after a recent setback in his struggle to overcome injury problems stretching back two years.

And, the moment he gets the all-clear, Di Matteo will be eager for Miller to find match practice as he builds up his fitness for a potentially vital role over the second half of the season.

Leicester manager Sven-Goran Eriksson has indicated his enthusiasm to take Miller on loan, which the Albion boss has confirmed.

Di Matteo said: “I had a conversation with Sven and it happened the day Ishmael picked up a small injury, so I had to pull that one.

“Ishmael is not far from joining training again. We hope by the end of this week he can join in training again.”

The prospect of Roman Bednar also finding first-team football on loan is also looming, with another Championship club in Hull at the front of the queue.

Di Matteo concedes that Bednar’s bit-part role this season has frustrated the striker.

The Baggies boss said: “Roman is a bit frustrated because he’s not getting many chances at the moment. Once everyone is fit we can address that situation.

“There are other players in front of him and it’s been difficult for him.”

Otherwise Albion hope to have a clean bill of health for the Stoke clash, even though international demands and minor knocks meant yesterday’s training session featured only eight senior players.

But Graham Dorrans, James Morrison and Peter Odemwingie, who were held back from international duty, all expect to be fit for the Stoke game.

However, defender Jonas Olsson remains sidelined.

When we played the baggies I thought Miller had an even wierder gait than Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, just doesn't look good when running, would have put me off him as a prospect if I'd been a scout (but wtf do I know).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669