It's Holloway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this on a plymouth site - it's amazing what people think of our club and city........

Holloway's Head Turned by Foxes Gold

By Gerald Taylor
Date: 20/11/2007

Olly has said that he wishes to speak to Leicester Chairman Milan Mandaric before deciding his future. Will Olly be tempted by the Foxes gold?

Reports this afternoon (Tuesday) suggest that Ian Holloway wishes to talk to the Leicester City Chairman, Milan Mandaric, before deciding upon his future. It also seems certain that he has spent the morning at Home Park in discussion with the Argyle equivalent, Paul Stapleton.

This would suggest that there is a real chance that Ian Holloway could be on his way to the East Midlands should the Croatian make a strong case. Mandaric certainly has the cash to turn heads, but Olly needs to think very carefully about what may happen. Why are Allen and Megson no longer there? How much managerial freedom will any manager under Mandaric really have?

People may point to Portsmouth as an example as to what Mandaric can do for a club. Indeed, Pompey are performing well in the Premiership, but their fortunes have actually improved since Mandaric left.

Leicester and Plymouth are very different locations as well as clubs. However, Leicester is in a truly dull part of England and Olly must surely think of his family before making any decision.

Clubwise, Argyle have demonstrated that they have strong and positive values, if not the cash, and this is extraordinarily important as a foundation for any ambitious manager. The Foxes are a mess.

True management satisfaction is to be gained where it is your hard work and not somebody else's money that brings the results.

Ian Holloway is right to consider his options, but would be a fool to be tempted by Leicester's gold.

Saw this on a plymouth site - it's amazing what people think of our club and city........

By Gerald Taylor

Olly has said that he wishes to speak to Leicester Chairman Milan Mandaric before deciding his future. Will Olly be tempted by the Foxes gold?

Reports this afternoon (Tuesday) suggest that Ian Holloway wishes to talk to the Leicester City Chairman, Milan Mandaric, before deciding upon his future. It also seems certain that he has spent the morning at Home Park in discussion with the Argyle equivalent, Paul Stapleton.

This would suggest that there is a real chance that Ian Holloway could be on his way to the East Midlands should the Croatian make a strong case. Mandaric certainly has the cash to turn heads, but Olly needs to think very carefully about what may happen. Why are Allen and Megson no longer there? How much managerial freedom will any manager under Mandaric really have?

People may point to Portsmouth as an example as to what Mandaric can do for a club. Indeed, Pompey are performing well in the Premiership, but their fortunes have actually improved since Mandaric left.

Leicester and Plymouth are very different locations as well as clubs. However, Leicester is in a truly dull part of England and Olly must surely think of his family before making any decision.

Clubwise, Argyle have demonstrated that they have strong and positive values, if not the cash, and this is extraordinarily important as a foundation for any ambitious manager. The Foxes are a mess.

True management satisfaction is to be gained where it is your hard work and not somebody else's money that brings the results.

Ian Holloway is right to consider his options, but would be a fool to be tempted by Leicester's gold.

Yeah in ****ing fairy land

Haha !!
You lot should see the reaction we get down here.
We can beat a team and they dont accept it.

Without my green tinted shades on I believe we are teams of simialir ability. But then you obviously have the financial advantages.

By Gerald Taylor

as a city fan who lives down in devon i gotta take issue with a couple of bits of this!
A.megson left of his own accord he didnt get the sack and allen had to leave because he was mentally unstable.
B.after living down here for 18months coming from loughborough before that i can definately say that if anywere is dull to live then its devon! leicestershire knocks it for 6 when it comes to day to day living, this place is fine if ya retired or on holiday apart from that give me loughborough anytime.

Haha !!
You lot should see the reaction we get down here.
We can beat a team and they dont accept it.

Without my green tinted shades on I believe we are teams of simialir ability. But then you obviously have the financial advantages.

We are a bigger club not just finacialy, but we get nearly 12,000 more fans on average at a home game. and that when we are doing crap, playing crap football.

You side at the moment is better than ours, the league shows that, but hopefully this will changewhen we get the right man in. though watford should be our yard stick not plymouth.

We are a bigger club not just finacialy, but we get nearly 12,000 more fans on average at a home game. and that when we are doing crap, playing crap football.

You side at the moment is better than ours, the league shows that, but hopefully this will changewhen we get the right man in. though watford should be our yard stick not plymouth.

I believe the comment was about similar ability. On the field right now, I think he's being extremely generous to us.

Didn't see it, all I saw was that we were the 'bigger' club.....

Was just making the point it wasn't just that he'd have more money to spend.

Managing a team that has 22000 - 25000 week in week out would be attractive too.

:)

Last edited:
It's only just begun

Sharing horizons that are new to us,
Watching the signs along the way,
Talking it over just the two of us,
Working together day to day
Together.

Sharing horizons that are new to us,
Watching the signs along the way,
Talking it over just the two of us,
Working together day to day
Together.

Jesus wept, don't you start as well.
It's bad enough Disco Bob trying to seduce me.

so are we any nearer to actually knowing whether he is coming or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669