It's Holloway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
...according to Iwan Roberts

A colleague of mine was at the Masters with him last night and he told him it'll be announced imminently...

I have to admit to it being third hand news but there you go...

with no serious rumours, i really think this wont happen, i would love it if he was the new leicester manager but you cant see it happenin.

If if you combine that with Bob hazels hint (who i believe to be the most reliable source on this site) then it certainly has it possibilities.

with no serious rumours, i really think this wont happen, i would love it if he was the new leicester manager but you cant see it happenin.

What rumours were there before Megson arrived? Certainly less than there are of Holloways arrival.

What rumours were there before Megson arrived? Certainly less than there are of Holloways arrival.

There were plenty of rumours of him being an outdated dinosaur of a manager, who would stick ten men behind the ball and have us playing the most defensive shite football we have seen for some time

They were proven to be pretty accurate........

When Levein left and Holloway was linked I was horrified, but in fairness he has done a very good job at Plymouth and I would be delighted if we can secure his services. Realistically if we do get him, then it will be the best we can seriously have hoped for.

Very good experience of this division, think he will do well.

Totally agreed, but megson was a free manager, holloway is under contract and manager of another team, so the club will have to talk first and there has been no sign of any movement of leicester asking for permission, but then again you never know MM

Hardly a surprise, been number 1 rumour for ages. Id hoped for bigger profile (andan attack minded manager), but i believe we have some decent players and if he can get the best out of them id be happy
Seems too much of an Allen character (which surprises me)but MM seems to have explored all available
Lets hope the deal is concluded quickly now that MM is on his way back to the UK

Last edited:
Personally I'd prefer someone less like Megson in tactics and less like Allen in demeanour. I hope this isn't true. His managerial record isn't that great and he seems a bit of a lunatic. He's another one who likes to play defenders in midfield. And anyway didn't he deny he was interested in the job recently? :icon_conf

...according to Iwan Roberts

A colleague of mine was at the Masters with him last night and he told him it'll be announced imminently...

I have to admit to it being third hand news but there you go...

My interest has already dropped. This will be a shit appointment if it happens. :icon_sad:

I'm not over moon about holloway either, i like the bloke, but not sure if he'll just end up another Allen

My dad reckons he was speaking to the Birch the other night. He says Hollaway was offered the Job. Apparently hes on £200,000 a year at Plymouth. He was offered 400,000, but wanted 500,000 and turned the job down. Dont know whether Milan has gone back with an increased offer.

Just what I was told....

Anyway good morning everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572