It's Holloway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only I could fit into them. :icon_sad:

gimp.jpg

I'm sure Highland will give you a hand if you're struggling.

Holloway is nothing more than a MA2 clone. He has been very average at Plymouth and QPR and I remember more than one poster criticising QPR when they beat us under Holloway.

As I have said in the past it would betray a lack of ambition in the Club. Al Fayed when at Fulham hired Keegan and Tigana to get back into the PL. We have hired MA2, GM and now possibly Holloway. Way to go. :icon_roll
Seeing as both of them have turned down this job I hardly see the point of mentioning Keegan and Tigana...aside from to prove the opposite to your point that MM has explored the options and we simply aren't an attractive enough proposition to lure that level of manager here.

As for your first paragraph: tot up the points that Holloway has taken from us...he knows how to get results with no budget, who knows what he could do with a bit of cash?

I wouldn't mind Holloway but, in light of his strenuous denials of any interest, I would be a little concerned as to his loyalty.
Loyalty?

Are you sure you have the right sport?

--------------

At the end of the day I think we should simply be grateful that anyone at all is prepared to take the job because it's a shit one: crap squad, huge pressure and miserable bastard fans.

You know this "bring 2 friends offer" for Season Ticket holders, apparently it's been extended to managers for the Cardiff game.

So in the dugout will be Tigana, Grayson & Holloway (all certain appointments according to different message board posters).

Fans then have 90 minutes to work out who is the manager & who are the "2 friends"

This will be decided by a text vote..... :icon_bigg

My dad reckons he was speaking to the Birch the other night. He says Hollaway was offered the Job. Apparently hes on £200,000 a year at Plymouth. He was offered 400,000, but wanted 500,000 and turned the job down. Dont know whether Milan has gone back with an increased offer.

As Martin O'Neill was on £800,000 when he was here and Steve Bruce will be on £2,000,000 at Wigan, I don't understand why Milan has let managers Holloway and Tigana turn us down because they want more than he's willing to pay.

If, and I say 'if' Holloway comes here, then watch Plymouth crumble and fall.

Still think I would prefer Mike Newell though to be honest.

As Martin O'Neill was on £800,000 when he was here and Steve Bruce will be on £2,000,000 at Wigan, I don't understand why Milan has let managers Holloway and Tigana turn us down because they want more than he's willing to pay.

That wasn't the amount MON was paid to begin with.

We dont need a manager that can make a medioca team with no money. We need a manager that can knows how to spend money on decent players.
It has to be Jewell or Tagana for me. no one else is good enough

Last edited:
We dont need a manager that can make a medioca team with no money. We need a manager that can knows how to spend money on decent players.
It has to be Jewell or Tagana for me. no one else is good enough

Neither Jewell or Tigana I believe want to come here.....

It has to be Jewell or Tigana for me. no one else is good enough

Beggars - and MM - may not be able to be choosers!

A "lady-friend" of mine (Bristol Rovers fan) is reading Holloway's autobiography (because all Rovers fans love him!) and comments about a previous attempt to get Leicester job! Apparently he arrived in Leicester to be interviewed (whilst he was QPR manager) but was then told they didn't want him, he puts it down to an attempt to make him look bad at QPR which ultimately led to his infamous gardening leave period! I'm not quite sure if he's placing blame with us or QPR though, i'll have a read at the extract myself tonight

With apologies to OX fox.

bernie7qg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673