It's Holloway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad reckons he was speaking to the Birch the other night. He says Hollaway was offered the Job. Apparently hes on £200,000 a year at Plymouth. He was offered 400,000, but wanted 500,000 and turned the job down. Dont know whether Milan has gone back with an increased offer.

Just what I was told....

Anyway good morning everyone.

You sound like you dont beleive your own Father!

I wouldn't mind Holloway but, in light of his strenuous denials of any interest, I would be a little concerned as to his loyalty.

Why you say that?

Holloway is nothing more than a MA2 clone. He has been very average at Plymouth and QPR and I remember more than one poster criticising QPR when they beat us under Holloway.

As I have said in the past it would betray a lack of ambition in the Club. Al Fayed when at Fulham hired Keegan and Tigana to get back into the PL. We have hired MA2, GM and now possibly Holloway. Way to go. :icon_roll

So it's Iwan Roberts, and now Birchenall

Coming soon :

I was talking to Bernie the other day, and he said "bleeeuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmothafeckinblaaarrrrrrrrrrrrIan Holloway", so it must be true

Coming soon :

I was talking to Bernie the other day, and he said "bleeeuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmothafeckinblaaarrrrrrrrrrrrIan Holloway", so it must be true

I suggest it was more like 'bleeeuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmothafeckinblaaarr rrrrrrrrrrIan Holloway, geeeeeeeentleman' actually :)

My dad reckons he was speaking to the Birch the other night. He says Hollaway was offered the Job. Apparently hes on £200,000 a year at Plymouth. He was offered 400,000, but wanted 500,000 and turned the job down. Dont know whether Milan has gone back with an increased offer.

Just what I was told....

It's late Monday evening here in Oz, but good morning anyway. :icon_conf

Last edited:

Coming soon :

Man, that guy Bernie talks some sense.

According to bnet on the Rivals forum (he broke the news of Megson's appointment), the new manager has been chosen, announcement likely today or tomorrow, it isn't Tigana or Holloway, he is awaiting conformation of the name but he thinks it is Grayson.

As I told you doubting feckers nearly two weeks ago :icon_bigg

Just what I was told....

I haven't heard any figures, but this does match what I've been told.

Holloway is nothing more than a MA2 clone. He has been very average at Plymouth and QPR and I remember more than one poster criticising QPR when they beat us under Holloway.

As I have said in the past it would betray a lack of ambition in the Club. Al Fayed when at Fulham hired Keegan and Tigana to get back into the PL. We have hired MA2, GM and now possibly Holloway. Way to go. :icon_roll

But realistically, what can MM do if these people either cost way too much or turn us down?

Holloway got QPR promoted from League 1 on a limited budget and kept them in the Championship.

In a season and a half at Plymouth he has spent just over £1m and after finishing comfortbaly in mid table last season they are currently 7th and challenging for the play offs

So for a very average manager he hasnt done too badly on limited budgets.

We have been linked with Tigana and he turned us down so how can that be a lack of ambition?

Holloway wouldnt have been my first choice, but with the list of managers we have been linked with, I would be delighted with him.

Last edited:
According to bnet on the Rivals forum (he broke the news of Megson's appointment), the new manager has been chosen, announcement likely today or tomorrow, it isn't Tigana or Holloway, he is awaiting conformation of the name but he thinks it is Grayson.

As I told you doubting feckers nearly two weeks ago :icon_bigg

So you are saying that Iwan Roberts and Alan Birchenall (and Bernie, probably) are wrong ?

Shame on you for peddling such odious opinions :018:

But realistically, what can MM do if these people either cost way too much or turn us down?

Al Fayed showed ambition and MM shows a desire to waste money needlessly. Now he can do that all day but it is not exciting many a City supporter.

Holloway may have got Plymouth promoted but so what as it was from Div 1 to this league. Not exactly a exciting CV to get the fan going. To me this is the 80's all over again. :icon_sad:

Last edited:
Al Fayed showed ambition and MM shows a desire to waste money needlessly. Now he can do that all day but it is not exciting many a City supporter.

Holloway may have got Plymouth promoted but so what as it was from the old Div 1 to this league. Not exactly a exciting CV to get the fan going. To me this is the 80's all over again. :icon_sad:

At least your clothes will be in fashion, Steven.......

Holloway may have got Plymouth promoted but so what as it was from Div 1 to this league. Not exactly a exciting CV to get the fan going. To me this is the 80's all over again. :icon_sad:

I really, really doubt that is his intention

I really, really doubt that is his intention

That is the nett effect though. I am pro-MM but as with his time at Portsmouth he is proving that he is poor at chosing managers.

That is the nett effect though. I am pro-MM but as with his time at Portsmouth he is proving that he is poor at chosing managers.

I think he great at choosing them, just like we all are!

Where he is really poor is who he can eventually persuade to come and sign and manage for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669